Ninja H2 banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
If my calculating is right the H2 SX has a ratio of 2.885 Lbs./ Horse Power based off of a full tank of fuel.
I get 2.886 Lbs./ Horse Power for the ZX14r based on a full tank and using 207 hp.
But I think the 14 has 12 ft/lbs more torque which I think will factor in to the overall acceleration as well as the geometry of the bikes. Also this assumption doesn't factor in the low and mid range power. But I think its safe to assume they will be in the same ball park as each other. So I think it is a valid point
As a side note it looks like the 2018 ZX10-R SE ABS will have a ratio of 2.345.
But we all know that a ZX14 will destroy a 10R in any acceleration contest simply because you can put more of its power to the ground below 100mph.

Good points and good conversation. Unless we are racing in a true timed event I think it's safe to say that they are all going to be very fast.

I have a measurement that is called a "shitload". The way I define a shitload is that it doesn't matter if it's one shitload or two shitloads, it's still a shitload

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Well.It's been a while since I was here.Lotsa talk about the H2SE.I got one...a 2020.New.Traded my H2 and 14r on.Came away with a sweet bike at 10,500 Dollas.
This model has the full electronic suspension,IMU,wheely control.Corner management.Heated grips,cruise control.Rider mode to tweak the settings for prefrences.I've got close to 500 miles on mine.I will say the seat is not so comfy so I got a Sargeant to go on there.MUCH better.1/2" bar risers as well.Carbon Fiber parts(dash,heel guards,tank covers,sprocket cover,hugger).
The bike is VERY quick.Very close to an H2.I haven't gone gonzo yet and cracked her wide open from low rpms,but it did wheely passing a cage at 70+in 2nd gear.It's got plenty of power.Keeping it stock for now.
It outhandles the 14r.It is equal if not better handling than the H2.I'd say better actually becoause of the IMU keeping the chassis oriented.Leaning in at high speeds,it dips right in and stays on the line you put it at.Countersteering is very sharp and effortless.You can really look ahead and point it where ya want it,and it complies without drama.
Slow speed cornering is great.It turns in nicely and doesn't make ya feel like it's gonna somehow tip or anything.Much better than my 14 or H2.It's well balanced and light feeling when moving at parking lot speeds and all.There is a more pronounced SC chirping and also a turbine like sound that is constantly reminding one that it's a great smooth engine.
Downshifts are slick and smooth.Upshifts are almost undetectable.
The chassis absorbs sharper road stuff and smooths out the ride and corners excellently.It wants to be leaned in.I just get my butt halfway off the seat,and dive in.Like a normal sportbike.It has no problem behaving like one.Yes...it's fun.Smooth.Nimble.You wouldn't think so looking at it.But it is.And there's no problem having a 5 gal tank when it will get anywhere beyween 38 to 50 mpg.Very nice.
Well...I hope all of you are staying safe and well.If you can,get a test ride on this machine.It's amazing.Take care all. View attachment 26349 View attachment 26350 View attachment 26349 View attachment 26350

21 - 26 of 26 Posts