Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in New York, found a brand new bike in West Virginia. Left Friday with my wife, we got into Romney W.V. at 2am & we picked it up yesterday/Saturday late morning.... So my first ride on the H2 was 365 miles through 6 states to get back home. Did I mention I'm 48 yrs old and haven't owned a Sport Bike in 10 yrs? (2004 10R). On the way down to W.V. I was stressing a little about the weather because thundershowers were being talked about for Saturday but got lucky, it was a beautiful sunny day about 80 degrees. The first 40 miles was on route 50 in W.V. which is a fast, curvy 2 lane road with no stoplights and great elevation changes up and down mountains w/ none of the traffic I'm used to in N.Y. Then took Interstate 81, 78, 95. Some of 81 & 78 open up for miles. We brought a SENA Bluetooth headset (pic below) so w/ my wife following me in the SUV we could communicate via the SENA mounted on my helmet. Worked out great, made navigating & stopping for gas, etc. a whole lot easier, safer & the ride/drive more fun. For the first hour all she heard from me though on the headset was "YAHOOOO"!!!

I really LOVE the bike. Tomorrow I'll have it in for first service & Evotech tail tidy. Waiting to see what transpires w/ an exhaust in order to do the ECU/tune plus it will be great to get used to the bike stock first before derestriction. I'm also going to stop in asap to speak w/ my buds at Detailing Dynamics about getting some 3M done (the tank at minimum) they've done 7 cars for me over the last 15 yrs & are the best in the business. George at Romney Cycles was great to deal with...........I've learned a lot from reading this forum, I don't always post but read most threads. If anyone lives around Long Island N.Y. let me know maybe we can do some riding. Took some phone pics yesterday & today thought Id share them. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I thought you got yours Shane.No?...wow.When did ya order?They were all delivered in March in the US,weren't they?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought you got yours Shane.No?...wow.When did ya order?They were all delivered in March in the US,weren't they?
No, my order is from the 2nd batch...order said deliveries starting in June. So, we will see. I am patient, it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
This month it is then;)After runnin your 14 so long...I hope you'll be happy with the new Ninja.I am...but some aren't.Guess ya can't please everyone.I honestly don't get it how this bike has been bashed.Mine runs great...over 4K miles now...not one issue.Power everywhere.Smooth trans.Excellent handling.I don't even ride my 14r anymore.This bike has really made my riding experiences MUCH more fun.Did a few 'minor' mods to mine...starting with the seat.Had to change that.She's an all-day runner now.Also changed out the factory grips.Something softer.Turned out perfect(for me).The seat though..that made a HUGE difference in my case.Some suspension tweaks...oh yeah...she rocks;)

It may be some guys are looking for a 'replacement' to the 14.I wasn't.It's not a 14.But it's my 1st choice since March.Haven't even ridden my 14 since then.It does have gobs of 'potential' for race guys.I had mine untapped a bit ago.She's all I need for the street,I'll tell ya that:D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys, appreciate it.

SiverbirdH2 - What grips did you change to?

Also - What position do you guys have the hip support pads? Pros/cons of each position?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Okay...first,I bought some MX grips from ProTaper.Waffle style.For vibration damping.That helped.Cut the factory ones off.SECONDLY...this is gonna sound totally hick...but I bought an Ice scraper that had three foam grips on it.Open cell.Soft.I put those grips over the waffle ones(they fit perfectly)Black.I can now ride all day without having to wear thick gloves to stop any vibration.Actually rode gloveless yesterday to see how they felt.NICE.VERY NICE.Solved my 'somewhat' vibrating at certain rpms issue fine.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Competition

My cousin picked up a 15 RR today. Premium w/ all the packages + forged wheels, msrp $18,695. Think they gave him $1k discount. He's just getting used to the bike plus it's rev restricted for 600 miles. Fun but short ride today in great weather. We plan on taking the bikes to New Jersey Motorsports Park/track soon. I'm more flat footed on the H2, the clip ons feel higher on the RR which surprised me but that could be because the seat is slightly higher on the RR too. The RR is a great looking bike but the craftsmenship of the H2, the attention to details and bespoke look of the H2s components, everything about the bike is on another level IMO. Looking forward to switching rides for some back to back riding comparisons. Can't wait to get rid of this exhaust, I can at least hear the RR while riding close, he could hardly hear my bike..... Every ride I'm getting more & more comfortable on full throttle, KQS up shifts, etc. May turn up the volume on TC. On 2+ it's lighting up more & more almost too much. Love this bike! Got a stomp grip tank pad, also received the stomp grip, volcano side panels but didn't put them on yet. He's keeping the RR in my garage so some pics below, it seems like the bikes are staring one another down, looking for a fight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts