Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just got back from a nice 150 miler or so.This flash is definitely the way to go with this bike...and the pipe.I'm very happy with the flash.THANK YOU DON....you've done an excellent job with this.Feels much stronger all the way around.Gonna have to get used to her all over again.She is I would say...in the 'be careful' category fully.I'll try...but you guys know how this bike performs...she just screams "open me up"....even moreso now.Fuel mileage has gone up some as well.

Want to get her out on some of my couple mile straights here...see what she'll do.From how she feels now...I think 200 will be very doable.I'll get a vid up when I go for it...probably tomorrow;)She runs smooth and the somewhat vibey areas I was experiencing are smoothed out nicely.Great bike...I love this bird.I may never go back to my 14...seriously.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Did you already remove the cat and the exhaust valve? I am asking because I just put my ECU back in and one of the functions the flash does is cancel the exhaust valve function. I am asking for hints on this if anyone else has already done this. I don't know if the valve will be stuck open or closed, but with my luck it will be closed and restricting exhaust flow. Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Good to hear about the flash. I've sent Guhl two emails enquiring about this and had no reply. Trying to figure whether he doesn't deal with customers outside of the USA or whether my emails fell victim to a spam filter.

We have three ecu's to do.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Just got back from a nice 150 miler or so.This flash is definitely the way to go with this bike...and the pipe.I'm very happy with the flash.THANK YOU DON....you've done an excellent job with this.Feels much stronger all the way around.Gonna have to get used to her all over again.She is I would say...in the 'be careful' category fully.I'll try...but you guys know how this bike performs...she just screams "open me up"....even moreso now.Fuel mileage has gone up some as well.

Want to get her out on some of my couple mile straights here...see what she'll do.From how she feels now...I think 200 will be very doable.I'll get a vid up when I go for it...probably tomorrow;)She runs smooth and the somewhat vibey areas I was experiencing are smoothed out nicely.Great bike...I love this bird.I may never go back to my 14...seriously.
Silver glad to hear you like it.....just be carful on the 200 run..... I'm pretty sure your going to run out of gearing.... I think it's good to about 190 or so.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I removed the cat on mine,the valve was open.

To Somefun..I already topped out with the stock configuration.She hit indicated 191.

·
Registered
867 Posts
When I removed the cat on mine,the valve was open.

To Somefun..I already topped out with the stock configuration.She hit indicated 191.
Silver at what RPM?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was at the factory limiter.So I think...13.5?Plus we know the throttles were closing.That's a biggie there.I could feel the throttles close down...subtly.At around 10K.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Get a 20 tooth counter sprocket or a 40 tooth rear sprocket, that should put you right around or over the magic 200 mark. Does Don's flash give you 14 K max rpm ?

I put a +1 on the counter sprocket on my BMW and see an extra 10 mph top speed in every gear. Keeps the bike from wanting a wheelie as much as well.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good to hear about the flash. I've sent Guhl two emails enquiring about this and had no reply. Trying to figure whether he doesn't deal with customers outside of the USA or whether my emails fell victim to a spam filter.

We have three ecu's to do.
Bob,

Call him: (717) 618-4212 he is more than willing to talk about any performance issues and pricing. Remember he is eastern standard time. I spoke with him for 10 minutes, nice guy.

http://www.guhlmotors.com/contactus.html

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bob,

Call him: (717) 618-4212 he is more than willing to talk about any performance issues and pricing. Remember he is eastern standard time. I spoke with him for 10 minutes, nice guy.

Guhl Motors - ECU Reflashing and More

Rhody...
Thanks but Brock has the flash now and I've dealt with him before, I'm in the UK, he gave great service and replied to communications. Counts for a lot in my book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would it be possible to order new flashed ECU from someone (Guhl or Brock) because I wouldn't like to send my original ECU? Price of ECU? It can easily take a couple of weeks in mail and I want to ride. There is also risk of lost ECU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Couldn't the flash be done remotely? All that would be needed is a cable to interface between the bike and a computer and the flash could be done remote, save having to mail the ECU. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
"Would it be possible to order new flashed ECU from someone (Guhl or Brock) because I wouldn't like to send my original ECU?"...they can't GET an extra ECU..they don't have a purchased bike.It has to be from the original purchaser.But still...it's set for that particular bike....just any H2 ECU wouldn't work by just installing it into your bike...I don't think so anyway...from my understanding of the Manual.Maybe..not sure at all.But Guhl and them can't just by ECU's for this bike and flash em and sell em.Kawasaki's way of 'controlling' where these bike's parts are going?I don't think they want non buyers to build their own H2's in some shop somewhere.

"Couldn't the flash be done remotely? "...it would have to be downloaded into a file...then uploaded into some software that could do this...and then into the ECU.Kinda like the Powercommander deal.Download the files...upload into the PC.Course,the Powercommander isn't like the ECU.It's software is very different.(I think)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts