Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gals,

Here are some pics of a prototype exhaust system by Mike Chestnut. He's known here on the forum as "turbo880." Click the thumbnails for a larger size.

He recently completed this exhaust and would like your input. The system features a 2 1/2" mid pipe and a straight thru muffler.

The last picture shows an addition to the bike in the form of a readable boost gauge.

Mike plans to run this bike at the Ohio Mile and he has done a lot with more to do in preparation.

Those of us who own the original puffer bike from Kawasaki more then likely know Mike quite well. He is the absolute guru of our Turbos. He is the fellow that built an 810cc motor that produced a street reliable 230 hp. My turbo, producing 247 hp and 160 torque (at Bonneville with Scott Horner of Heads Up Performance) is a Chestnut build. I've not purchased anything from Mike in several years but he still gladly provides consulting freely for me. We, as NinjaH2/R owners, have scored a major player in Kawasaki performance now that Mike has taken our bike under development.

Mike wants your input on his exhaust. However, ask him what else he's up to!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry 'bout the crap advertising when you click a thumbnail to enlarge! Photobucket still has major problems and I wanted to get these shots up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The downpipes, collector and mid pipe look awesome. The muffler however, must be that big to comply with some noise regulation for the competition Right? Its too big to be aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have never been a fan of loud bikes. That is one of the reasons why I always liked Turbo bikes. That is the reason for the large muffler. I wanted an exhaust that really flowed very well, yet was not too loud. I also personally do not like the new style tiny mufflers. Just not my taste. The muffler was custom made for me by Area P to my specs, and it has a straight through 2 1/2 inch perforated core. You can have an exhaust that really flows without being too loud, but you need volume in the muffler to absorb the sound waves. It's just what I wanted for my personal bike. I will not be making any to sell or anything, but it could be duplicated by someone fairly easily. I also wanted a real boost gauge instead of the meaningless factory gauge just to watch while riding, and also for testing purposes. The bike is coming along nicely and should be finished next month some time. Thanks for posting the pics Jim. Mike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Very nice! The manifold and mid pipe looks fantastic. Personally not a fan of the can, but that's just me lol. Keep up the great work :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is one of the reasons why I always liked Turbo bikes.

I still dont know why no one has put a nice turbo on a H2 yet :p compound induction would be amazing and the bike is built for boost.

I say build a nice turbo manifold with a say GT30 or so and let her rip >:D

On a serious note the pipes look great!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any guess on cost? Thinking of changing to a different exhaust.
Mike built this for himself and waffled when I asked him about further production. You would have to ask him directly if he will decide to produce it for others.

Contact him here on the site, he's Turbo880.

Or:

Mike Chestnut
129 Grassland Drive
Gallatin, TN 37066
615-824-6116
[email protected]

·
Registered
867 Posts
Very nice! The manifold and mid pipe looks fantastic. Personally not a fan of the can, but that's just me lol. Keep up the great work :)
Yeah man the pipes looks real good... The cans a little big for my taste...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts