·
Registered
554 Posts
Ici...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good to see - thanks for sharing !

The '9 o'clock' position on the rev counter represents 8,000 rpm, then the redline is at 14,000 rpm at the '12 o'clock' position. If you watch the rev counter on the traction control/launch control video it looks to me like the rider is keeping the revs in the 11,000 to 13,000 band which seems to confirm that the power does not tail off dramatically after the 10,500 rpm peak power point.

·
Registered
350 Posts
....it looks to me like the rider is keeping the revs in the 11,000 to 13,000 band which seems to confirm that the power does not tail off dramatically after the 10,500 rpm peak power point.
Well, maybe... it's still conjecture "that the power does not tail off dramatically..."

There are a number of variables/confounders. :nerd:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well, maybe... it's still conjecture "that the power does not tail off dramatically..."

There are a number of variables/confounders. :nerd:
If it did fall away, I would have thought a skilled/experienced rider would have recognised it and shifted earlier to maximise performance ..................

:):):):)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Nice burnoutLOL!His takeoffs didn't really appear to be full on though...I mean...it's supposed to allow full throttle take offs...he was releasing that clutch with some control....certainly didn't dump it.My impressions were that he was trying to keep the thing from crashing...it wasn't full out hammering...that's for sure.For a pro..(if he is)he wasn't pushing very hard IMO.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice burnoutLOL!His takeoffs didn't really appear to be full on though...I mean...it's supposed to allow full throttle take offs...he was releasing that clutch with some control....certainly didn't dump it.My impressions were that he was trying to keep the thing from crashing...it wasn't full out hammering...that's for sure.For a pro..(if he is)he wasn't pushing very hard IMO.
That's what i noticed as well, i was expecting to see him really push it but it sure did seem like he was hesitant on that.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ricky said he had to learn some to get his bike rideable down the strip...technique-wise.I think the acceleration and thrust of this bike will be very surprising and possibly unnerving at first.I would imagine if one had certain electronic settings a particular way...it could 12 o'clock before one realizes it's 'too late'...and not just in first either;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
The launch control will allow 'full throttle' take off's in so far as you can pull the twist grip 100% open.

The electronics however takeover and hold the revs at a preset level until the clutch is let out - then the computer takes over to balance throttle body opening/power against wheel spin and wheelie to get you off the line quickly as you let the clutch out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
****... I can hardly wait. Thanks for posting.

Greg

·
Registered
210 Posts
****... I can hardly wait. Thanks for posting.

Greg
Really? The word d am n is somehow offensive? That's what gets blocked out? I can't believe that. I'll try again, this time restraining my vulgarity.

Buttercup!!!! I can hardly wait. Thanks for posting.
Greg
>:D

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
1 - 16 of 16 Posts