Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

I own a 2015 (1st year H2) love the bike, but I found that neutral was REALLY DIFFICULT to find right from the beginning, and still is. I thought it might get better over time with miles and all.... but it hasn't.
Sometimes I just blip the throttle in 1st while at a light, or I can find it from 2nd while coasting to a stop. Either way.... its annoying AF!!
I had the same problem with my Panigale once, and my DUC mechanic (Ducati only dealer) managed to sort it out, he somehow synced the gearing, and solved it.

Anybody have the same issues, and found the fix yet....if there is one that is??

Thanks, Dez

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Mine is even worse. I just go straight to second and tap down. Thats about the only way I can find neutral. Been like that since mile 1.

NOLA

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Yep, it's the way they are. Kawasaki historically used a "positive neutral finder" mechanism, but it is not possible to use it with the design of the transmission on this bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here. Second gear, tap down, or just knock it into neutral from first when rolling slowly.

"They all do that, sir."

Just another flaw in a magnificently flawed bike. Which is why I bought it, of course.

·
Registered
393 Posts
or mine. I'm on a 16 H2 and I get the same. checked with kawasaki at the first service to check everything but like most just a thing the H2 seem to be like

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's usually clutch drag which makes neutral selection a pita.

On the H2 it seems to be a characteristic of the bike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i dont have that issue, very easy to find neutral stopped, or even moving.... its important to have the 4cm free play of the chain and probably a good and fresh oil to give the clutch the chance to disengage, using Motul 7100 15w50.

In this and my other bikes I noticed several times an oil too thin, like 5w40 or 10w40, makes finding neutral and also 1st very hard to find/very noisy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had a hard time finding neutral since day 1. Like most have said I usually just go up to second and then tap it down to neutral. Not really a big deal to me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts