Ninja H2 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Short introduction of what I changed so far(2015 H2)
- Sprint P08 air filter
- Vandemon Full exhaust
- 2017 ECU changed by Kawasaki in warranty

I did no other changes to the bike yet, but was wondering if I should dyno/adjust the ECU to the new exhaust?
I do not have any desire to increase the power but just want to be safe about the engine !

thanks
kind regards
Phil

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

Short introduction of what I changed so far(2015 H2)
- Sprint P08 air filter
- Vandemon Full exhaust
- 2017 ECU changed by Kawasaki in warranty

I did no other changes to the bike yet, but was wondering if I should dyno/adjust the ECU to the new exhaust?
I do not have any desire to increase the power but just want to be safe about the engine !

thanks
kind regards
Phil

If you remove the cat you will need a tune to be safe.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why did you have to get a '17 ecu?

Plus I agree that a dyno tune or ecu flash would help to get the best out of the bike with full exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Why did you have to get a '17 ecu?

Plus I agree that a dyno tune or ecu flash would help to get the best out of the bike with full exhaust.
Because I had a problem that when reving the engine a little bit and coming to a stop the RPM fell down to zero and the engine died.
So when stopping I always had to keep the engine alive by manually opening the throttle a little bit.

And as a side effect now the twitchy throttle is gone also, its very smooth now.

PS: I do not even know if it is from 2017, I got it changed last year so it might be even a 18 ecu or whatever, the mechanic couldn´t tell me either.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would definitely reset the mixture after changing from a stock exhaust to a race system and fitting a sprint filter. It will need more fuel.

My 2015 H2 has the Akrapovic race system and a filter change. I bought a Power Commander and had it mapped on a local Dyno'. Back then (2015) not many were reprogramming ECU's so this was the way to go. I'd sent my bike's ECU off to Brock's Performance for a reflash first, worth doing particularly to get a 100% throttle map, the restricted stock map is shown in Ghul Motors' image. This was really easy to do using UPS as a carrier, even though I'm in England and Brock is in the USA. (That's UPS not the USPS) Brock's is a very good company. He will also supply a PCV and probably has a suitable map for you too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts