Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My H2 is in the dealer for a service today, it's two years old next week and my new race season begins on March 20th.

Looking at the ODO, up to nearly 1,800 miles, it has barely covered 400 miles in the past year and most of that was at race meetings. I counted up my timing tickets from 2015 and 2016, I've done around fifty-standing miles on the H2. This sounds a lot but each of those would only last something like 25 seconds or less and including several dyno' passes the total time the motor has spent above 8,000 rpm is probably less than half an hour. The much more stressed H2R motor has it's major service at 30 hours, mine should be ok for a while.

This will be the third season of H2 land speed racing in the P/PB/1000 class and although I'm taking nothing for granted I'll be trying to keep my UK standing-mile record. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very nice BobC. I like it!!!!

I'm stacking my chips right now and gonna go in really hard for 2017.

I have 15 Track Days Planned over the course of 4 different tracks, and 1 Land Speed Event.

Future Modifications are:
- Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen
- New Chain with 18x42 and 18x43 gearing
- Sprint P16 Air Filter (Track and Dyno only)
- Buying $3000 worth of Bridgestone Slicks
- I just bought a spare set of H2 wheels for $600 = WIN!!!! 1 set with my street tires and 1 set for my race tires. I'll only need to swap wheels before track days.
- I'll probably splurge on the Activemoto upper Winglets and some other Carbon bits by the Summertime

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Very nice BobC. I like it!!!!

I'm stacking my chips right now and gonna go in really hard for 2017.

I have 15 Track Days Planned over the course of 4 different tracks, and 1 Land Speed Event.

Future Modifications are:
- Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen
- New Chain with 18x42 and 18x43 gearing
- Sprint P16 Air Filter (Track and Dyno only)
- Buying $3000 worth of Bridgestone Slicks
- I just bought a spare set of H2 wheels for $600 = WIN!!!! 1 set with my street tires and 1 set for my race tires. I'll only need to swap wheels before track days.
- I'll probably splurge on the Activemoto upper Winglets and some other Carbon bits by the Summertime
It looks as if we will both be enjoying our bikes. I have several top speed dates in my diary and hotel accommodation is already booked. My H2 is very stock to conform with class rules. Just an ECU flash and a PCV - which is about all I can do to it without being shunted into the "modified" class. If I could beat my 205.7 PB this season it would be great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My H2 is in the dealer for a service today, it's two years old next week and my new race season begins on March 20th.

Looking at the ODO, up to nearly 1,800 miles, it has barely covered 400 miles in the past year and most of that was at race meetings. I counted up my timing tickets from 2015 and 2016, I've done around fifty-standing miles on the H2. This sounds a lot but each of those would only last something like 25 seconds or less and including several dyno' passes the total time the motor has spent above 8,000 rpm is probably less than half an hour. The much more stressed H2R motor has it's major service at 30 hours, mine should be ok for a while.

This will be the third season of H2 land speed racing in the P/PB/1000 class and although I'm taking nothing for granted I'll be trying to keep my UK standing-mile record. :D
Enjoy the competitions, have fun and be safe. My season begins on the 19th, running a half mile event. I will look forward to your report and pictures from your event on the 20th. With all of the 1/2 and 1 mile runs I have made, I am at 9 hours on my 2 year old H2R clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts

Hi Bobc you booked up for Elvington this year. Does dodge still arrange this.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi Bobc you booked up for Elvington this year. Does dodge still arrange this.
Yes, Elvington is where it's all happening apart from one event at Woodbridge in June on 24th/25th (I think) and Pendine for the sand racers.

Dodge is a one-kilo wheelie rider, I think he may well be one of the prime movers and a lot of the foreign riders stay with him.

The Straightliners Club is the organiser and where you can see the timetable of events, sort out your membership and book an entry. https://www.straightlinersonline.co.uk - click on the link and then click on Top Speed.

It's worth joining because the fee for entering on the day is more expensive and the club will also give you a unique code number so you can apply for your ACU licence online, this is also cheaper compared to paying for a day licence each time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts