Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished fitting my exhaust system last night.
Sounds great with the db killer in or out.Currently riding with it out.
Took a bit longer than I originally planned,but I took extra time mock fitting everything a few times before I got the can welded.I'm rapt with the final results and so was my States Termignoni dealer.He's already sent pics to Italy's Head Office.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good job. Really like the way the mid pipe is shaped, flowing under the lines of the bike and away from your leg when stopped.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the positive input fella's.
I'll try and get a sound clip done some time this week.
Took around 5 hours total time in work on the bike.A few more hours running around getting welds done,etc.Total cost was $930 Australian.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks fantastic, I'm in NSW and would be very keen if you were interested in making another ;) Particularly the link pipe, the weld before the CAT looks very clean and the way it follows the lines spot on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks fantastic, I'm in NSW and would be very keen if you were interested in making another ;) Particularly the link pipe, the weld before the CAT looks very clean and the way it follows the lines spot on.
Thanks mate.
The link pipe is an off the shelf Akrapovic,for the 2011 ZX-10R.Part no L-K10SO5/1.
You just need a 3-4 inch piece of stainless welded to your headers.Choose your can and your good to go.
I modded the can a fair bit,needed a mandrel bent piece of stainless expanded and welded to suit.
I'm sure you can find other cans that will possibly bolt straight on,but I wanted a Termi and got a smoking deal on it.
If you want any help let me know.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey that looks great! Awesome job! Now that's what I wish someone had built that's the exact look I would have wanted to buy! I like the idea of the titanium pipe that Akrpovic is building but the slip on that goes with it is just not the right look IMHO.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey that looks great! Awesome job! Now that's what I wish someone had built that's the exact look I would have wanted to buy! I like the idea of the titanium pipe that Akrpovic is building but the slip on that goes with it is just not the right look IMHO.....
Thanks Somefun.
I really liked your set up as well,but I'm a big Termi fan and knew nobody would have one yet.I got a great deal and the can is stamped as having a catalytic converter in it.It's gone now but the stamp is there.
Always watching your mods with interest and jealousy.
I hate your garage lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks mate.
The link pipe is an off the shelf Akrapovic,for the 2011 ZX-10R.Part no L-K10SO5/1.
You just need a 3-4 inch piece of stainless welded to your headers.Choose your can and your good to go.
I modded the can a fair bit,needed a mandrel bent piece of stainless expanded and welded to suit.
I'm sure you can find other cans that will possibly bolt straight on,but I wanted a Termi and got a smoking deal on it.
If you want any help let me know.
Hi Flipr, do you have a place in Melbourne that you can recommend to do the welding? Did you take the system off yourself and take it in?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Flipr, do you have a place in Melbourne that you can recommend to do the welding? Did you take the system off yourself and take it in?
I took the system off myself.Cut the cat off the headers,took the headers and the link pipe to a car exhaust place,got them to expand one end of a 3 inch piece of tube to suit the link pipe and weld the other end to the headers.
I re-fitted the headers,then fitted the link pipe.
I got a piece of mandrel bent stainless from Blitz Exhaust in Hoppers Crossing.Took that home,mock fitted the muffler,marked where I needed it to line up.Had to get the mandrel piece expanded a bit to suit and I drove around till I found an Engineering place to tig it up.
Ask around in you area who does nice tig wleding.
If you need any help,gimme a call.I'll help you do the whole lot if you want help or advice.0412 384669

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A recent pic of the color change,and a short sound clip with the DB killer out.
Has got a bit louder since this clip was taken.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_bzp4ZdZg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts