Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone experienced when changing down gears as releasing the clutch lever the bike lurches forward..

·
Registered
142 Posts
At what revs are you changing down and are you blipping the throttle?

Some context is required... For example...

When slowing down from 200mph for a 30mph corner and going down the box at about 10k rpm, I find that the bike lurches forward...

Or...

When cruising around town in 6th gear at 30mph and slowing to a stop, I find the bike lurches forward as I blip the throttle and go down the box...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hardly ever used clutch for changing gears and now I have auto blipper:) life is great;)

On a side note, if you use auto blipper below around 5000rpm the bike lunges forward. In the higher revs it's seem less and such fun:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told from my dealer Laguna motorcycles that it doesn't have a clutchless blipper on downchange. Only on the carbon model

·
Registered
42 Posts
No. After a few thousand miles on my 2016, it does what I tell it to do. If I tell it to do bad things, It will do them if TC is off. I suggest riding it with all intervention off and use common sense when twisting the fun handle.

The H2 only does what you tell it to do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@KawiSinceBC

Uh huh. And Mr. Bad A$s there is this thing called physics that tells YOU what to do.

NOLA
If you show any part of my response that suggest defying physics, please share it.

When one understands physics, they don't need to be "told" it more than once. Ride within your limits first and always obey the laws of physics. If you are looking for an IQ fight, I ain't gonna bother since your first response has shown the outcome.

Respect is earned, not delivered.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Original poster needs to explain the circumstances under which this occurs.

The mention of the word "clutch" suggests that this is a normal downshift, not a clutchless autoblipped downshift. AmIrite?

If that is the case, how much of a throttle-blip are you giving it?

As someone else suggested, is this happening at 200+ km/h and 10,000 rpm, or is it happening at 40 km/h off idle?

The throttle on these bikes is extremely sensitive and requires the tiniest of movements under those conditions. But, mine has never done something that I didn't ask it to do, whether intentionally or otherwise.

In some situations it can be better to just do the downshift (using the clutch lever) and not do the throttle-blip, and let the slipper clutch take care of the rest. I do that with my zx10r all the time.

Having said that, mine is a 2015 model, no auto-blipper involved.

The quick-shifter on these (back when I could use it - long story, not the bike's fault that I can no longer use it) is very smooth and appears to take into account whether the rider is using the clutch or not during shifting. I never had it go wrong. But ... I've never played with an autoblipper downshifter. Never had a bike with such a thing and I'm not even sure I'd use it. I prefer to cushion shifts by using the clutch lever to try to make them as bumpless as possible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Original poster needs to explain the circumstances under which this occurs.
The mention of the word "clutch" suggests that this is a normal downshift, not a clutchless autoblipped downshift. AmIrite?
That was my take on the issue. If you are using the clutch for a "traditional" downshift, the lurching is coming from your right hand (assuming the throttle is on the right hand bar).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@KawiSinceBC

The H2 may DO what you tell it to do, but gravity, inertia, momentum, and grip coefficient are not something you control, but merely have a part in.

Making the suggestion to a guy that he ride with all intervention turned off, on a 200hp Superbike by someone that has owned the bike since Feb, ridden it for one month, and has 4 posts on a board is just bold to say the least.

Respect IS earned. Eventually you will get it with more meaningful posts than how hard you ride the bike with TC turned off and have complete control of things.

NOLA.

P.S. I'm certainly not equipped for an IQ fight with someone who brings up intelligence, and then uses "gonna" in the next sentence.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@GoFaster

I was thinking the same. The OP is self blipping it to downshift and releasing the clutch really quickly as the RPM's are running up from the blip, because of the throttle sensitivity, and it seems like its lurching forward.

NOLA

·
Registered
42 Posts
@KawiSinceBC
P.S. I'm certainly not equipped for an IQ fight with someone who brings up intelligence, and then uses "gonna" in the next sentence.
I agree. IQ involves much more than rote grammar and conventions. Heck, half the median has conventions I would shy away from long before giving up my Hillbilly ways. I like you, don't ruin it by being pedantic.
:)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Jesus. Here comes the keyboard warrior with Word thesaurus and no Traction Control.

Sigh. Ok. You are smarter than the rest of us and use five dollar words. (eyes roll)

Can we move on now.

NOLA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sigh. Ok. You are smarter than the rest of us and use five dollar words. (eyes roll)
NOLA
Not likely. I use simple words and have no edge on you or anyone else regarding "smarts".

I evacuate at grammar, I exhale at bravado, I claim no superiority at anything except knowing I am honest and fair. We hit it off wrong, maybe it was me, it does not matter, I left a trail of honesty. Can we agree to just not arguing semantics and focus on the facts? I can and always will.

I come from a twist it and die if you ain't ready for it era. I accept many need assistance in the control of their desires. Maybe I do too? But I still am riding the urine out of the machines that don't offer it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts