Ninja H2 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today My H2 was in the dyno, i'm a bit upset because it made only 185whp with akra exhaust with dbkiller and 190whp without dbkiller

I ecpected better minumum around 200whp, but it s really bad to pay for a bike with only 50% or less trhottle after 10.500 Rpm.

In the same dyno my old zx10 with bigger pistons made 210,68 whp, so I spent lot of money to have 20 whp less.

I like the Bike for sure but from my point of view the throttle is too soft and to strange to CONTROL with this **** restrictions...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Unfortunately we have to thank the governments of this world for that. Fortunately the H2 only needs a reflash to bump that figure up about 50 hp. The ZX10's, R1's etc are maxed out with not much more to be had.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really don't think that your numbers are bad. You have to remember that different dynos will yeild different numbers and numbers can be different on different days due to temp. It is to be expected that there will be some HP drop from the crankshaft rated 200 hp and the rear wheels, for you at 185-190 RWHP. Also Hp alone does not tell the whole story of any bike. It is the way that the H2 builds power that is really impressive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Today My H2 was in the dyno, i'm a bit upset because it made only 185whp with akra exhaust with dbkiller and 190whp without dbkiller

I ecpected better minumum around 200whp, but it s really bad to pay for a bike with only 50% or less trhottle after 10.500 Rpm.

In the same dyno my old zx10 with bigger pistons made 210,68 whp, so I spent lot of money to have 20 whp less.

I like the Bike for sure but from my point of view the throttle is too soft and to strange to CONTROL with this **** restrictions...
How many miles were on your bike before you put it on the dyno?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You're comparing a stock bike to one w/ motorwork. What did your stock ZX10 (before the motor work) make on the dyno hp & tq?

With less $ than you spent on the ZX10, your H2 can easily make not 20hp less but 20hp more then your modded 10. But it's not just about peak hp, it's about torque & how/where the bike makes mad power.

Not to forget the whole rest of the bike, it's amazing how all the components on the H2 look like they were made 15 years ahead of other bikes like the ZX10R. From the way the bike is put together; the fit, quality, craftsmenship, uniqueness & for me the looks. Everything else, all the other sport bikes save a few look like versions of one another, not the H2.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Send your ECU to Don Guhl, then put it on the dyno. You will be north of 230 hp and it will be more than you can handle, I promise. Fourth gear wheelies will be the norm! Dyno results vary, so don't be bothered by what your numbers are versus my numbers, just pay attention to the increased power.

Reactions: Ryder

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1100 km about 1650 miles.

Stock zx10 on my Dino it s about 173-174whp.

I know everithing about the throttle but aniway I bought the Bike like this and for me the throttle like this it s really bad to ride the Bike on the street because you never know when you open the throttle how much power it Will give to you depends from the rpm and it s dangerous because passing from 5000 rpm you have maximum 50% of throttle than 100% until 10.500 Rpm and than again 50% but the Bike it s nervous.

I wrote to Guhl two times but without answer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

190 bhp needs to be taken in context. On another day with different temperature and atmospheric pressure the same dyno will give a different reading and another dyno will invariably be different. So comparisons can mislead.

A dyno is much better at giving before and after numbers to show any gains being made.

Also, with the H2, you need to look at the shape of the power curve rather than the throttle/rpm map. The supercharger keeps adding boost as the revs rise and the curve is just fine for the standard bike.

Tuning it for LSR or other competition is a different matter of course. ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I went out on my zx12r with similar power and weight to the H2 yesterday, no drama. Switched to the H2 to go meet a new friend, try out his Alpina BMW and went for a blast, he was riding an 05 tuned Z1000. Ninja wheelie time. The gearbox alone is worth half the price of this bike !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The hp curve compare to my zx10 is the same until 10.500 rpm nothing more, but my zx10 still push until 13800 rpm and 210whp same dyno.

Torque h2 was 12,41 and with zx10 modded was 12,58

Don t forget zx10 was around 50kg less, so to have the same power pushing h2 need 230-240hp minumum.

I like the Bike but it s slower than I expected

·
Registered
33 Posts

You cannot feel Hp you should be comparing Torque figures. Hp gets you there but torque decides how long that takes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The hp curve compare to my zx10 is the same until 10.500 rpm nothing more, but my zx10 still push until 13800 rpm and 210whp same dyno.

Torque h2 was 12,41 and with zx10 modded was 12,58

Don t forget zx10 was around 50kg less, so to have the same power pushing h2 need 230-240hp minumum.

I like the Bike but it s slower than I expected
Then maybe you're doing it wrong? Until the H2 I was daily driving a 10R and in comparison the 10R seems like a moped. Are you sure you're not doing something wrong like TC3+, rain mode, have low coolant, took your O2 sensor off mucking with the exhaust or ride some place it's either preposterously hot or a mile above sea level?

·
Registered
248 Posts
the Bike it s nervous.
Like Jeremy Clarkson said when testing the SLS AMG & its high visibility jacket wearing brother. "It feels like nothing I've ever driven before, it feels twitchy and nervous, it feels like a thoroughbred... It feels, brilliant!"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yesterday I dynoed my h2 with 587 miles on break in and put down 214 sae and 217 std. Today for a dyno shoot out I made 210 sae and 104 tq and it was a bit warmer. For comparison a new R1 made 176 and a bren full exhaust s1k made 197 so the numbers seem pretty accurate. I was blown away .

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"185whp with akra exhaust with dbkiller and 190whp without dbkiller"...this is good.Guess I'll be removing my DB killer soon;)Thanks!

In reality...it's not THAT loud just going up nicely through the gears.I've stopped wearing my earplugs...A balaclava seems to mute the windblast noise really well....which for me was a bigger deal than the exhaust noise...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts