Ninja H2 banner

My ears are bleeding!

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  TheH2Ghost 
#1 ·
WOW - just started the bike after adding the Brocks full system, with the stage 2 mods.

Even with ear muffs it was LOUD!

Will the muffler from other liter bikes fit?

Thx

#4 ·
I would LOVE to hear your bike in person. Must be an awesome sound. However I think I couldn't handle it long term especially riding around and creating attention to myself. In the past I had bikes like yours but as time went on I found it irritating and bringing attention to myself from all angles ( like the cops:() wasn't a good thing.
In saying that I wish there was a way to have a system like yours but that could be quietened down ( not just a little bit) considerably when required.
Must be quite a sound not only at idle but when it's flat strap riding next to it!
Good luck with it! I am jealous and then maybe not :D Congratulations!
Jeffro ;)

#6 ·
Everybody is different but to me the sound level of Brocks full system is perfect. And it's not just how loud it is but the noises the bike makes while under load, accelerating & decelerating. Ran mine (same thing Stage II full exhaust but w/ Alien Head 2 muffler) for over 8000 miles & if I had a volume knob attached, it would be set right riggggggghhht there.

If I didn't have a choice and it was going to be either slightly louder or slightly quieter I'd go slightly louder actually.

But I'd definitely go for a few longish highway rides before thinking it's too loud. You will probably get so addicted to the new evil as heck sounds that it's making you won't want to change anything including a baffle but I get that sound level is a personal preference.

#8 ·
On a side note, I was over at bikeweek last week and all the Kawasaki reps were digging on my bike and wanted to hear it. As they all were gathered around as I was reving it, one noticed the 5 on the tach not lighting up. Then they were all asking each other about it, none of them knew they came that way... Too funny!

#12 ·
After using this exhaust for the past 3k miles i actually like it and agree that it does seem perfect for the H2.

The key is to push your earplugs REALLY deep into your ears ... so deep i can only use tweezers to remove them, but it is worth it :)

#13 ·
In the UK, some years back, there were no defined noise limits. You could get pulled over by the police for being a nuisance but mostly you were left alone.

I had a Honda CB900 back then and fitted an exhaust, a Dunstall Decibel, which was really loud. Then went off to the Isle Of Man TT for race week. Eight days and fifteen hundred miles later I arrived back home - and couldn't wait to refit the standard exhaust system. A loud bike might be fun for the occasional quick blast but that week away was too much.

The club which runs LSR here, Straightliners, enforces a 105dB @ 4,000rpm limit. Sensible in my opinion. It's still fairly loud and engines can make good power but more importantly we can hold our meetings without the fear of being closed down.

#14 ·
Several municipalities around here have defined noise limits, and every racetrack around here has a noise limit although enforcement varies.

A really loud exhaust system will ensure that every cop for kilometers around will know you are coming and will already have the radar gun pointed in your direction.

I'm happy to have gone the slip-on route and retained the chamber and flapper valve underneath the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.