Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess we're getting a MY2017 as well?

See: http://www.kawasaki.pt/pt/products/supersport/2017/ninja_h2/multimedia?Uid=0900Ww4LUF9eW14LC19cXF1ZCVFZDF8NCl9cCg5eCV1QDgk

Front from 2015 with the green, frame from 2016. And an Ohlins rear shock?

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well spotted.

From the picture it looks like the overall body paint color is the same as the 2015... that would be really, really sad.

·
Registered
265 Posts
New H2 MY 2017 differences:

New paint scheme (front cowl, and tank covers with flakes from 2016, the rest 2015 mirror paint, all with green stripes, silver chassis)
New plane river mark (not 3D) and black H2 logos (instead of red)
New Ohlins TTX 36 rear shock
New Bosch IMU with KCMF (same as zx-10)
New Black LCD display with lean angle indicator, new boost indicator and stop watch
New KQS with up and down (autoblip) shifting

Price should be around 28K

·
Registered
265 Posts
Retrofit the IMU is way more complicated, because you will need also a new ecu, a new harness, the new meter and some other parts for sure.

·
Registered
835 Posts
is it just me or is this a rather uninspiring effort from Kawasaki ?
In 2015 kawasaki made a bike that made the motorcycling worlds jaw drop but I'm sure they could do better than this "amalgamation of the 2015 - 2016 parts bin special" .
Why not mirror coated green or stealth mat black ? Even the pink concept bike shown last year was more interesting than the same thing but with a smartie tube ( UK joke ) sticking out over the back tyre ?
But well done Kawasaki for keeping the green frame unique to the 2015 bikes .

Just seen the update on the carbon H2 , better than the above .

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes, a little uninspiring and I agree. Green frame for 2015 only is great. Now sell me h2r exhaust and I'll sing your praises:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
It seems that Kawasaki is very good about keeping up with social media.

It appears that they have paid attention to various complaints about the lack of ride height adjustability from the rear shock.

.....And it also seems that they took to heart all the auto-blipper requests that have been all over YouTube. lol

Paint is paint, so that's no big deal. At the end of the day, a tweak here and there is okay. It's not nearly justifiable to "trade up" to the newer model if you have a 2015/16. ...At least it isn't in my opinion.

I know that many H2 owners made the purchase under the pretense that it was going to be limited. At the end of the day though, I think it's good that others will have an opportunity to own one of these things. I wish everyone would be able to experience this type of acceleration at least once in their life.

·
Registered
502 Posts
In my opinion, the big K will "milk" the H2 platform for all they can and who can blame them

I have the 2016 model and love it, don't care if it aint got a green frame, don't care if it aint got the latest Ohlins and IMU, I can always add to my bike if I choose to do so

These bikes are something special, engineering excellence, makes me smile every time I look at it

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts