Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. So I finally received my 2016 Kawasaki Ninja H2 this week. I was only able to put on about 15km on my ride home from the dealer since the snow is back again here, but in those 15km I can say I absolutely love how the bike feels and sounds so far.

The bike is going in to have it clear wrapped next week, so I wont have much to update on over the next few weeks, but once spring/summer is here please stay tuned for several updates.

I plan on testing the bike stock on the dyno and in the 1/4 mile. After that the plan is put on all my Brocks Performance stage 2 parts, hit the dyno again and make some more passes down the 1/4. Since I am competing in a race series this year, after that testing is completed I will be installing my Adams swingarm in an attempt to see just how fast I can get this H2 to go. It should be a very exciting year.

Here are some pics of the parts I have picked up so far.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Completed my first mod today too, which was installing the Yoshimura fender eliminator. Got rid of that factory eye sore lol, and saved 1lb off the bike lol. 2.9lbs for the factory tail piece with the signals, and 1.9 pounds for the complete Yosh piece including signals.

Reactions: SPRAT33

·
Registered
125 Posts
Awesome, its good to see someone attempting to go quick/fast in qtr mile. How much do weigh?
It would be cool to see the mods/ hp gain with each mod for the viewing audience.

Baseline:
Baseline with exhaust
Baseline with exhaust and airfilter
Stage 2 flash with above mods
Stage 2 flash with above mods and race fuel map
All the above with methanol injections
etc...

At any rate congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^Thanks. Unfortunately I will only be doing a baseline stock, then a baseline with the full package installed. My race schedule is coming up fast, so I just don't have the time to do all that :(

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You're certainly going to need the Adams swing arm for quarters. I run standing-miles on my H2 and launching can either be "entertaining" or just plain tricky depending upon your viewpoint.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^Yes sir! I am going to test it at the track stock wheel base too just to see what I can do lol. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^Yes sir it is

Well nothing to update for the build, but finally got to put in some more break in km's yesterday. I will probably be saying this for a while lol, but I love this bike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^Yeup, that's where I ordered mine.

Just got the bike back from a local shop where I had it completely wrapped in XPEL Ultimate paint protection film. Very happy with the final product.

Reactions: STRADALE

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
When is the big day? When you transform the beast into a MONSTER?

Now that the bike is protected you should put on as many miles as possible without putting back the install schedule on the stage 2 & Brocks exhaust of course, it'll really make you appreciate how much different the bike feels/pulls & sounds. Not on purpose (I was waiting for Brocks exhaust to come out) but rode the bike 4000 miles stock. Man, first time I rode after the flash & full exhaust I was literally laughing out loud in my helmet like a nut, was so freakin happy the way it pulled, the way it sounded.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^Hahaha, ya I can't wait for the day the mods are on. Unfortunately winter is back here with a vengeance :( So it doesn't look like I will be doing anything for at least 1.5 weeks. Dyno break in is scheduled for next Tuesday since I am running out of time to put the km's on myself.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I put my bike on a local dyno to have it broken in and get a baseline stock hp/tq number. Ended up making 184whp/90wtq SAE and 189whpSTD.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well after taking the bike down the track stock and running a 10.0 at 154mph, it's time to start modifying this thing. First step is sending out the ECU to Brocks Performance for my stage 2 flash. Should have the rest of stage 2 package on within the next couple of weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^Sorry don't know what CDI stands for? The Brocks flash has Guhls options if I remember correctly, but no fueling changes so you can use Brocks multiple maps.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ended up receiving my Adams Performance H2 oil pan. They cut it and add some additional baffling and a new pickup for those that will be drag racing their H2's.

Reactions: rapidroy1 and N2MPH

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Started pulling this bike apart completely. Couple spots were a little frustrating like removing the front sprocket. Here is a breakdown of everything so far along with the weight. Total weight removed is 104.2lbs, and I will be weighing everything else I put back on with the new swing arm, BST wheel and tire, and Brocks exhaust.

Reactions: N2MPH and STRADALE
1 - 20 of 38 Posts