·
Registered
663 Posts
Cam sensor fault may be a carryover from not clearing after service work ,
Have you had it running at all ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Low voltage is known to throw up faults on computerised equipment. You may need to fit a new battery because even when charged the voltage may drop with a loss cranking power to a voltage level that is read as a fault. Get the CCA of the battery checked. Common problem when not been used being in for repair.

My 4X4 throws up transfer case fault then I know it's time to change the battery.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OzBooster, the bike had started when delivered and I rode it up the driveway, after that when parked I noticed blinking warning lights. Yesterday after cleaning it I started it and ran it till warm to help dry off engine. Then it would not start again (apart from half second run then cut off), all with warnings blinking.

I put battery on to long charge overnight, this morning battery tender showing fully charged. Turned key on and still same warnings (haven't tried starting it yet due to early hour and neighbours). I "cycled" the key on a few times but still the same. In ignorance I will ask if when doing the key cycling method on and off, is it simply doing that or having to attempt starting engine each time? Bit later in the day I will try starting it to see if that will tell the ECU things are okay now.

Rick150, I think you may be right with the battery condition, even if showing fully charged - I've experienced similar in the past with other bikes. May have to try another battery, if it isn't that then at least I'll have a good spare!

·
Registered
663 Posts
You may need to either clear codes manually or go through several heat cycles for them to clear
but dont try too much if its not starting, ask the service guy to drop by , i bet he is slow at work and would like an excuse to get out

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks OzBooster, seem to have sorted it now though!

Now it's later in the day I turned on ignition, same warning blinks, tried starting it and did same half second run then cut out. Tried starting again and it fired up and kept running, gauges showing normal. Turned it off and tried again - still gauges normal and started!

So, looks like battery being low may have been the problem. Will keep it on battery tender anyway as not going to be able to ride it in wet weather for next few days.

Cheers for help fellas!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts