Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all been getting very excited about our new bikes and, for quite a few of us on here, the long wait comes to an end in the next week or so when we meet our bikes for the first time.

How about posting a quick photo or two of you and your new bike here ?

Who's first .............

·
Registered
473 Posts
That's awesome, did you tell him about this site and is he a member?

Reactions: pebble35

·
Registered
55 Posts
Having trouble sleeping...

Anyone else here in the USA having problems sleeping?! Lol!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Anyone else here in the USA having problems sleeping?! Lol!

Almost every night since ordering mine. Now that I have it I still can't sleep I just want to put some miles on it and find out what she will do.

Sleepless in Oklahoma: Yawn!

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Got mine today at 9AM.It was killing me going to work and having to wait to get home to start getting to know her.It IS all it was supposed to be.I installed my shorai bat in there,1/2 gallon of fuel.Cranked her up...she fired as soon as the fuel rails filled.It sounds amazing.I don't mean the exhaust,OR the SC.Just the motor.Never heard anything like this.And throttle response,immediate and tight.

Couldn't ride her after work...no real daylight left.But tomorrow?It's ON if the weather holds.You guys waiting still....you are gonna be SO stoked.

It came in it's shipping frame(with a cardboard box over it).They did a great job of securing it.All the parts and such were installed.Except the battery.Got a detailing kit with her as well,two nice Microfiber towels and a spray detail bottle(filled).

Honestly...to you who haven't gotten yours...I STRONGLY recommend you get a rear tank protector on there BEFORE you mount up.You need that there.My paint surface is absolutely flawless....All of it is.Get her setup right and restrain from just going out and railing.Make sure you've done something for the paint to protect it,even if it's the detail spray at first.DO NOT rub this finish with ANYTHING but a thick microfiber cloth(or one of the two supplied cloths),and if possible,get a featherduster first to be able to lift any dust before applying any surface product.Once you see this paint in person,you gonna realize..it's beautiful,BUT vulnerable.So be careful rubbing it with anything even remotely possible of swirling or scratching the surface.Gonna be microfiber towels ONLY on mine.If you go to wipe off any spots at all...at least breathe on it first to supply a small amount of vapor.Then rub VERY gently.

You have to remove the seat to install the battery(naturally)...but you take the central pad off first(the backrest).The key slot is under the right side rear cowl part.Turn that(and hold turned),pull the central small backrest deal forward(at the top).It'll pop out.Then take the two supplied bolts and metal grommets out of the clear small plastic bag.Install the battery.Install the rubber 'band'.Slide the seat in(to the rear under the crossbrace,then forward into the crossbrace at the front part of the seat(two hooks in there(molded plastic)) and line up the two arms that are going back,and over the holes in the cowl(frame)(for the bolts)(you'll see em in there).Push the metal grommets into those two rubber grommets on the arms(of the main seat).Install the bolts with washers(supplied).Tighten down.Install backrest thing,pop it back into it's stay(latch).You'll feel it click in.You're done!

EVERYTHING about this machine is right.All of it.We all did most excellently ordering this bike.It's for sure worth every dime.I won't bore ya with anything else,but this thing is gonna rock.

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!Let's make this a GREAT new year...I'm VERY happy we have our forum here...Gonna do a paint protection application tomorrow morning...a 'hybrid' sealant.Do it myself...should take maybe a hour or so.Then I'm OFF!!!!;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
...I STRONGLY recommend you get a rear tank protector on there BEFORE you mount up.You need that there.
Congrats on bringing your new "baby" home!

How long did it take for the Kawasaki Tech. to do the Assembly & Preparation process on your H2?

I remember your posting that you (wisely) weren't going to allow anyone to clean the bike after it being uncrated except yourself.

What did you use to clean the surface of the tank before installing your Tank Protector?

I usually use isopropyl alcohol... Tank Protectors don't stick well with Spray Detailer on a tank.

For routine care, I plan to follow the Mirror-Like Coated Black Paint Care Service Information document that was kindly posted on the Forum.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"How long did it take for the Kawasaki Tech. to do the Assembly & Preparation process on your H2?"...took 'them' about ten minutes or less to unbolt the frame and the 'stands' that are in the front axle(and swingarm pivot shaft hole).We rolled it out of the bottom pan that the bike was sitting on,straight into the hauling trailer,and straight to my house.That was it.NOBODY wanted to touch it actually.And they didn't except for us pushing it into the trailer,and off again at home.It went down in less than an hour.From start to finish.I installed my shorai when they left...took a few minutes,and added 1/2 gallon of Premium fuel.That was it.Turned the key...fired her up.WHAT a beautiful sound that motor makes...just love it.

All fluids were in there already...all parts were assembled and on the bike in the crate from Kawasaki.It was the smoothest,easiest arrival/delivery process I've ever seen.They were very cooperative and respectful of what I wanted.Great bunch of guys...also will say...every part of the bike was perfectly clean and spotless.

This is STILL sinking in that I actually HAVE a bike this cool.Truly a really good experience throughout the whole thing of arrival and delivery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Think I might camp out...

Thinking of putting up a tent and throwing a cot in at my dealers... This bloody weather has got to break soon... The itch to ride is getting bad enough that I took the zx10r out in 30 degree weather Friday, to introduce the two during uncrating, I want them to get along :D, and it started snowing on us! So we moved the H2 inside and I left the ZX10r out in in the flurries! Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Me and my Beast H2

Pick up my bike Saturday at Crossbay Motorsports - Howard Beach the bike hase only 1mile lol they dint want to ride my bike they said you take it for spin lol.>:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts