Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone knows if changing your settings matters in regards to mpg efficiency which I'd like to maximize on long trips. For instance, if currently set at maximum power mode (H) and KTRC at (1), my thought we be that it shouldn't matter if I'm on the highway going 65 mph in 6th gear in cruise control, whether power mode is H or L, and the same with KTRC being 1 or 3, as long as one is steady on the throttle.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Is this an H2 or H2se/sx?Your L setting on power should decrease your fuel usage.Even cruising at 65 mph.Try that.I think that will happen.I actually have not done this.BUT...the power setting does decrease engine performance,so it may also manage fuel.Not sure.
@gegham818...something isn't right.If anything,with a good tune it should go up.'Tuned' on a dynojet module?Powercommander?Or ecu tune?Or both.You might want to take it back and tell em you want it tuned for fuel consumption at cruise.They probably richened it up.It already IS rich from the factory.Is it Backfiring?Also,is it all stock?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2018 H2 SE/SX. Will try setting it back to L and putting the KTRC back to 3 on my next 200 mile trip one way. Then will reverse it on the way back and add a comment on this thread. I hate doing that as I love the instant acceleration from changing the KTRC from 3 to 1... the difference is huge.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Traction Control is about the relationship between front and rear wheels as well as the orientation of the bike from the axis sensor. Only tries to stop you being an idiot, not much else.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Closed loop fuel control at cruise will give you best economy, if it has been disabled with a flash its up to the tuner how your mapping works at cruise

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Assuming stock programming ... If you are rolling down the road at a steady moderate speed then it shouldn't matter what settings you use. It's going to be in closed-loop in that situation with the ignition timing at MBT (or at least, at some setting not far from that, which allows compliance with NOx emission limits). There is literally nothing the ECU can do to make it any better than this, and the emission certification rules (that the vehicle manufacturer has to comply with) require the engine to be operating in a compliant (low-emissions) mode. (Ask Volkswagen what happens if you do otherwise.). Traction control has no effect, and the power mode setting has no effect on part-throttle cruise because it only affects the relationship between how much you twist your wrist versus what it actually asks the engine to do.

Something drastically changed between the H2 and the H2SX, because my H2 can pass anything except a petrol station, and the SX is reportedly pretty good.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The changed the engine to higher compression which make the engine less aggressive but deliverable power. They are NOT the same engine! Super Charger has different impeller, head is different etc. Don't compare the H2 to the H2SX, they are designed to do different jobs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this an H2 or H2se/sx?Your L setting on power should decrease your fuel usage.Even cruising at 65 mph.Try that.I think that will happen.I actually have not done this.BUT...the power setting does decrease engine performance,so it may also manage fuel.Not sure.
@gegham818...something isn't right.If anything,with a good tune it should go up.'Tuned' on a dynojet module?Powercommander?Or ecu tune?Or both.You might want to take it back and tell em you want it tuned for fuel consumption at cruise.They probably richened it up.It already IS rich from the factory.Is it Backfiring?Also,is it all stock?
Its 2018 h2sx its ecu/dyno tuned with filter no silencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stock map, no. Doesnt matter what power mode or krtc mode its on. Tuned map, depend on what tuner and what they set the maps to. My medium power gets better mileage then full. I tried my low which was suppose to be a fuel economy map but for some reason it was super rich and fuel economy went to complete shit. Riding position will make more of a difference. If im in a normal position I get 4.6L/100kms. If i let go of the bars and sit straight up, it goes to 5.8 and if I go full tuck, drops to 3.8L/100kms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts