Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people talk about how much weight savings for this and how heavy this is or that...how these wheels weigh 1 kg less then those ones (although totally understand it from less unsprung weight point view) or saving 50 grams on this carbon fibre part then the original....then seeing the owner 25kgs overweight riding down the road with a bike that looks like a " bitsa". Nothing against obesity by the way, it's a fact of life (sooner or later) even I am a few kilos more then I should be, but come on get a grip! The H2 looks so good just standard, minor changes, levers maybe perhaps and the factory stuff look ok, but changing this and that ( that's not made for the bike genuine) makes it look crap in my eyes and truly UN-unique :( particularly carbon fibre. Buy a H2R instead of pretending you have one for gods sake. If you want a sharp handling bike buy a sportsbike instead. I reckon some are losing the plot a bit and losing the integrity of the bike, devaluing by going overboard or just showing off.... and more often then not the latter that talk about how good they are and how they wear out tyres quicker then anyone else are nothing more than heros in their own lunch box!
Just my say....
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Get your point but don't you think the black plastic looks a bit tacky. Carbon fibre is always superior to plastic. My next mod is a 300 section rear tyre, some led', a nos bottle on the side, air ride then I think might treat her to a candy red paint spray with metal flake ������

·
Registered
393 Posts
Jeffro I completely agree with the weight saving. But also Nick's which it's nice to mod. make the bike your own.

I for one think I would rather eat a burger or 2 less and save money on a part to loose 50 grams.
But i'm looking at Carbon wheels more for the looks than anything. not the weight saving and costs involved.
Also why my plan (not new years resolution) to loose a few KG myself. Better for my body and mind as well as saving to spend on a few toys for the bike

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think it's best to adopt a laid back approach to other peoples taste in bikes (as well as in food).

We are all different and in a lot of cases can learn from each other. Even if we only learn to stop judging others and enjoy our own life. We are all individuals but united by a common interest.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Fair comments, I am not being judgemental and totally agree each to their own, just voicing what I think and trying to create some interest and views from others. It's always good to hear what everyone else thinks...
Nickjc001 can't wait to see your mods keep me posted, I am sure you will be talk of the forum ha ��
Thanks for the replies
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Was only joking with all the mods. But have changed exhaust and reflashed with some carbon extras. The issue is really in uk you could not put a H2r on the road. So us presenting a H2 to look like a H2r is probably just a wow factor but to be fair the H2 in its own rite is quite a unique site for eyes. It's a shame there probably another 3 to 4 h2 quite local to me.

Also I could never afford a H2r ��

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Realise it was a joke mate! Yeh fair enough what you say, maybe my taste is a bit traditional and critical of a bikes authenticity.
Nothing like bringing out people's tastes and thoughts, as for me the intention was not to offend just merely saying what I think. I have the tendency to say what I think in life (including here) Sometimes doesn't make me popular but sometimes being outspoken I think is a good thing....
Take it easy and stay upright
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've been doing my modifications in phases.

I focused primarily on adding power and smoothing out the powerband in 2016. (Budget $4,000)

In 2017 I'll focus on keeping things cool with an Intercooler and maybe adding some carbon (Budget $2,500)

Then Maybe towards the end of 2017 into 2018 I'll re-do the suspension. I've mentioned on previous occasions that I am quite happy with the stock suspension, but I'd like to get the Ohlins not necessarily for it's improved damping (because I honestly think it'd only be marginal), but rather for it's ride height adjustment to help me tip into corners that much faster.

As far as what everyone else does, well, personally, I don't know why some guys are making their entire bike's carbon but I won't knock anyone's taste even though it's not my cup of tea. I like that everyone is being creative and it's cool that we don't all look alike.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hmmmm, judgemental just a little don't you think. It may make some people laugh that you buy what should be the fastest production bike available if in restricted but then leave it restricted? The point being? To each his own is what I think and I would never say someone's bike looked crap to them just not to my taste. Im going to leave it their as I think this post is quite provocative considering a lot of people here are not on stock bikes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Think of the H2 as being a Jeckel and Hyde bike

In Jeckel mode you want to look at it, polish it and take it for a gentle spin

In Hyde mode you want to rip it apart, throw you life savings at it, release another 50 ponies and rag the **** of it

Of course, you can do either regardless if you are a fatty or not, lol

Rob

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I went w/ EvoTech levers but switched back to stock, liked the way they felt better.

As far as the reflash goes, the ecu restriction & stock exhaust is mainly there because of governmental bureaucracy, to save us from ourselves & w/ the H2 to keep sound levels down to ridiculous levels. The H2 is more restricted than any other bike & more quiet than any other liter bike. Add that to the horrible look of the ridiculously huge stock exhaust muffler & ugly, heavy restrictive catalytic converter & I think the bike begs to be reflashed w/an aftermarket exhaust more than any other bike out there. As far as the 'fat', knocking off 26lbs is where the "meat & potatoes"are w/ weight savings for this machine. That's how Kawasaki would have released the bike if they could. I'm not a big fan of Big Government/overreach the same bereaucracys that force things on us like ethanol & Euro 4. Anytime I can make a vehicle reliably perform better & at the same time give the finger to certain spheres of involvement in public policies that I'm against, I'm all in.

There's some performance advantages to CF wheels even though the OEM wheels are very light, there's not a huge difference in weight vs CF but unsprung, the rotational mass magnifies that savings & can make a difference. For me the weight difference is not enough to go w/ CF but it's mainly because I really love the look of the OEM wheels, especially the way the rear OEM wheel looks w/ that single sided swing arm & Brocks exhaust but if I did I'd definitely go w/ BST's, gloss/black hubs, think they look the best by far.

In terms of carbon fiber for the rest of the bike, a few add ons like dash panels, rear hugger, ram air tube, under tank panels are negligible for weight savings compared to the black plastic. Think most people like myself (once I go that route w/ CF) are doing so for aesthetic purposes more than weight savings. My own outlook on CF for the H2 is that I dont want to replace any of the beautiful 2015 silver mirror painted parts but it's well worth it to replace the not so great looking black plastic parts w/ CF. And I'd bet anything that if CF costs were the same as the black plastic Kawi. would have gone that route too instead. They're also parts that are easily switched back to OEM DIY in minutes. As far as "resale" think quality, real CF has almost universal appeal amoung enthusiasts, it'd be rare that someone would prefer the black plastic parts to high quality CF, unlike other "custom" parts that you often see, done in bad taste that cheapens the look of a machine.

I'm not saying that H2 owner is fat. But I if had to name 5 of the fattest people I know. He'd be three of them. LoL!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went w/ EvoTech levers but switched back to stock, liked the way they felt better.

As far as the reflash goes, the ecu restriction & stock exhaust is mainly there because of governmental bureaucracy, to save us from ourselves & w/ the H2 to keep sound levels down to ridiculous levels. The H2 is more restricted than any other bike & more quiet than any other liter bike. Add that to the horrible look of the ridiculously huge stock exhaust muffler & ugly, heavy restrictive catalytic converter & I think the bike begs to be reflashed w/an aftermarket exhaust more than any other bike out there. As far as the 'fat', knocking off 26lbs is where the "meat & potatoes"are w/ weight savings for this machine. That's how Kawasaki would have released the bike if they could. I'm not a big fan of Big Government/overreach the same bereaucracys that force things on us like ethanol & Euro 4. Anytime I can make a vehicle reliably perform better & at the same time give the finger to certain spheres of involvement in public policies that I'm against, I'm all in.

There's some performance advantages to CF wheels even though the OEM wheels are very light, there's not a huge difference in weight vs CF but unsprung, the rotational mass magnifies that savings & can make a difference. For me the weight difference is not enough to go w/ CF but it's mainly because I really love the look of the OEM wheels, especially the way the rear OEM wheel looks w/ that single sided swing arm & Brocks exhaust but if I did I'd definitely go w/ BST's, gloss/black hubs, think they look the best by far.

In terms of carbon fiber for the rest of the bike, a few add ons like dash panels, rear hugger, ram air tube, under tank panels are negligible for weight savings compared to the black plastic. Think most people like myself (once I go that route w/ CF) are doing so for aesthetic purposes more than weight savings. My own outlook on CF for the H2 is that I dont want to replace any of the beautiful 2015 silver mirror painted parts but it's well worth it to replace the not so great looking black plastic parts w/ CF. And I'd bet anything that if CF costs were the same as the black plastic Kawi. would have gone that route too instead. They're also parts that are easily switched back to OEM DIY in minutes. As far as "resale" think quality, real CF has almost universal appeal amoung enthusiasts, it'd be rare that someone would prefer the black plastic parts to high quality CF, unlike other "custom" parts that you often see, done in bad taste that cheapens the look of a machine.

I'm not saying that H2 owner is fat. But I if had to name 5 of the fattest people I know. He'd be three of them. LoL!
Well said mate! Agree

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
So for me as a slim fit guy i like to Ride my full carbon H2R!
Doesnt matter if you are big,small, slim, fat, green with yellow stripes, black or white like snow!

Lightweight and power for all People that likes to ride it
Stock for the "stock" loving guys
NOS and turbos for this fast gangsters:)

No laughting no jokes, im happy with all bikers who have fun with their H2/Rs and without it!
A nice biker code is: respect
My1,32 cents

1 - 13 of 13 Posts