Ninja H2 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:ANYONE yet to figure out WHERE the battery's at on this beast?:confused:Gonna be interesting to find out WHAT battery they shipped this with.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
As a gen 1 zx10r owner, the fuel pump is a periodic replacement item anyhow, it appears that my second one is on the way out. Arrgh.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^^^ was going to write same post concerning every bike I've owned. IF you follow periodic maintenance you'll have easily replaced ever part on bike before its toast

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very true, I doubt anyone will hit 30k miles on this bike anytime soon after it comes out but still, a pricy expense but **** if your spending 25k on a bike you have the $ for that anyways lol...

This is the first kaki I have ever seen in the periodic maintenance that lists replacing the fuel pump though. They also want you to replace the fuel line every 6 months.

but at the fuel pressure they are running its probably just an extra precaution.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Id say you can extrapolate your reasoning on fuel lines to the fuel pump as well...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Now that is nice...perfect for a shorai or something;)EASY to get to....I like it.Thanks all you guys who answered my question here.

I see Stealth's post about what type of battery it is...and thank you Stealth...you guys think a lithium Ion battery would be a better choice?Weight wise and all?Like a shorai?

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Now that is nice...perfect for a shorai or something;)EASY to get to....I like it.Thanks all you guys who answered my question here.

I see Stealth's post about what type of battery it is...and thank you Stealth...you guys think a lithium Ion battery would be a better choice?Weight wise and all?Like a shorai?
So what's the deal with Shoria? Why swap out a perfectly good battery? To save weight? Does anyone think that 2 lbs, even 10 lbs makes any difference to their street performance? Or that they're skilled enough to tell?

The bike comes with a battery appropriate to it's requirements - to me it's fine.

Save the cash for gas, ride somewhere, pay for a roadside motel somewhere near Yellostone Park, the Grand Canyon or on Route 66. Ride to see Mount Rushmore... Something WAY cooler than a battery 'upgrade'.

Or spend the cash and get pleasure knowing you've installed a different, better, battery.... I get that's what works for some folks. I also get that if you can save 2lbs in 10 different places that it 'might' be a measurable difference.

BTW, I'm not suggesting that you can save enough $'s on a battery to fund a getaway, just trying to make the point that the money might bring better value if it was spent elsewhere.

Clearly I'm itching to ride. It's above freezing here today, the snow is melting - I might get out tomorrow...... Hopefully.

Greg

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fireball has it on point, i think the only time you might want to consider going with a lithium ion battery is when your original battery finally calls it quits, but of course even then it's not what you need, more so a want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts