Ninja H2 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if I can use a maintenance charger for the winter months that do not use the bike. I would like to know if it is dangerous to connect the ECU maintenance charger with the battery connected. (I read that A battery charge can supply a voltage of about 14 volts, which could damage the ECU. what do you think?
thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like the battery tender. I permanently hooked the wires to the battery, so I don't have to tear anything apart to plug in the tender. As soon as I get back from a ride, I plug it in. I think it has a maximum charge of a half an amp. When it is charged up, the red light goes out, and the green light goes on. It won't hurt anything to just leave it plugged in until the next ride. I do this on all of my vehicles, and it actually lengthens the life of the battery.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I use the battery tender too. "Battery tender plus" 12V 1.25 amps. Been using the same type for 12 years. Have a few of them for my cars and Harleys. I have a CTEK on one of the cars too but the adapter on the CTEKs are larger. On the H2 hooked the "battery tender" pigtail to the battery permanently with the pig tail going forward so it fits right between the frame & trim piece, part of the reason I like the battery tender pigtail it'll fit right there's, it's very narrow. I can easily connect it to the battery tender charger whenever I want by pulling it out without removing anything from the bike or needing tools and then tuck it completely out of sight when not in use. I found batteries last longer when they are under these tenders, instead of running lower than optimal multiple times, so even if it's going to be just a few days, I connect it.

I keep the "battery tender" USB adapter ($9.99 on Amazon) in the tail of the H2 so if I ever need to charge something via USB off the bike battery I can. Mostly I use a 6400 mah power bank USB battery so can charge my phone, etc. while inside events. I should say to charge all my buddies phones that don't have battery cases attached to their phones and borrow my power bank constantly. Also keep a small iPhone lightning cable, a long one that'll reach the phone (mounted on the bike) from the power bank while in my jacket, a micro charging cord for charging my Arai helmet SENA Bluetooth headset or for charging my Bluetooth wireless skull candy ear buds (while using my AGV), a USB V2 electronic cig charger, etc.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a few of the high-dollar chargers, but I mainly use the Yuasa tender. These will not overcharge the H2. I have never seen more than 13.7 on the battery - and that goes down pretty quick.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I use a battery tender as well. Been doing so on all my bikes for many years. Doesn't harm your battery in anyway. In fact as I and others have experienced, the liberal use of one enhances the life of the battery. When the light turns green, the charge function drops off to a mere trickle to maintain the full charge. I've left one on a battery for months with no ill effects.

I have my battery tender pigtail hidden behind the small support cushion along with insurance and registration papers. Pain in the ass to get to. Think I'll move the pigtail out to the location Stradale uses. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank's

really thank you for your answers and I will today to buy a battery maintenance charger. thanks friends and greetings from Italy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts