Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any magazine tested a flashed H2 yet ? Ive given up buying MCN and only occasionally buy a magazine if one catches my eye so i may have missed it .

·
Registered
503 Posts
Has any magazine tested a flashed H2 yet ? Ive given up buying MCN and only occasionally buy a magazine if one catches my eye so i may have missed it .
I have not seen a report/test of a flashed H2, I subscribe to PB mag and they haven't done one

Rob

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not seen a report/test of a flashed H2, I subscribe to PB mag and they haven't done one

Rob
I was going to add “ if not why not ? “
I would have thought it would make good reading for any bike mag , the perfect way to demonstrate that the H2 is detuned to 200 BHP and everything else is almost at its limit to achieve the same power .

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Probably because the magazines test vehicles handed out by manufacturers, and the manufacturer isn't going to hand out something that isn't in 100% road-legal and emissions-legal (read: bone stock) configuration ... The bike would have to be volunteered by an owner who has done it. Such is the world that we live in.

It would either have to be strictly an off-road test, or done in a place where it isn't against the law to tamper with or circumvent emission controls (reflashing = tampering with emission controls), and that means it can't be in the USA, Canada, or anywhere in the EU. Keep in mind that a published magazine test of such a bike on the road would be pretty clear evidence that someone has done such a horrible thing (gasp).

A track-only test wouldn't be a problem. Who wants to volunteer their bike?

·
Registered
577 Posts
One thing that will probably never happen is a 'standard' vs 'flashed' comparison test. Kawasaki would never lend out a press fleet bike (standard) if they knew it was going head to head with a modified one. Only way would be to find a willing owner of a stock bike AND a willing owner of a flashed bike AND a magazine that was prepared to risk upsetting Kawasaki and not being invited to press jollies on hot sunny racetracks around the world for a few years ........

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing that will probably never happen is a 'standard' vs 'flashed' comparison test. Kawasaki would never lend out a press fleet bike (standard) if they knew it was going head to head with a modified one. Only way would be to find a willing owner of a stock bike AND a willing owner of a flashed bike AND a magazine that was prepared to risk upsetting Kawasaki and not being invited to press jollies on hot sunny racetracks around the world for a few years ........
What am i missing here ? Bike magazines have been testing tuned , turbo , nitrous , modified, engine swops ect for the last 100 years . I dont expect Kawasaki to have a hand in a road test but would have thought they would be happy with the publicity if an H2 owner were to have his or her flashed H2 tested , it would probably give them more sales .

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something...but aren't there videos all over the net with flashed and tuned H2's?Brock's has his vids of tuned/flashed H2's.As far as word getting out for the performance of H2's,or possible performance,that's been happening since 2015.I don't think Kawasaki wants to be 'nodding' to a bike mag showing gains through 'aftermarket' add-ons...flashes and such.Yeah,they'll take the props for guys doing it...but to be 'sanctioned' by a mag?I don't think so.EVERYONE knows the H2 is able to reach much bigger numbers.

I could just hear the customers.."WHY didn't they do this to begin with"...as some already feel.They could have,but the EURO standards held em back,IMO.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What am i missing here ? Bike magazines have been testing tuned , turbo , nitrous , modified, engine swops ect for the last 100 years . I dont expect Kawasaki to have a hand in a road test but would have thought they would be happy with the publicity if an H2 owner were to have his or her flashed H2 tested , it would probably give them more sales .
I agree, those were my thoughts too. It's certainly the sort of thing Performance Bikes (UK) would do. They have published correspondence from me about my H2 but so far no tests.

The only thing I've seen published recently about a non road-legal bike is on James Hilliers H2R demo' lap of the TT course on the Isle of Man the other year. I heard him talking about this last week when he was at GT Motorcycles in Plymouth, he said "I wasn't going to waste an opportunity like this waving to the crowds, so I went for it". His is still the fastest speed through the trap on Sulby Straight at 206mph and if you think that's not particularly fast you have to remember that this was on a bumpy, narrow country road between the trees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts