Ninja H2 banner

LSR in ME Top Speed Run

18K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  STRADALE 
#1 ·
Guys is anyone going to Loring ME next week? And if so did you have your bike flashed and ditch the cat?

#2 ·
I am up here with my H2 & there is also an H2R here. I saw him run 193, not sure if he ran faster than that today. I got one licensing pass in on the H2, was supposed to do 150, but ran a little over at 167 in the mile. Trying to get some time on the Ducati also.

Reactions: BobC
#4 ·
Good luck man! Let us know how you do! I love it there. I was trying to get ready and head up but it's not gonna happen this year..... Is your bike flashed? And how about a pipe and cat?

#6 ·
Still on my way home (2000 miles), I think I had six runs on the H2, best was 184. All I can say is this thing is a beast and it will be a while before I can go much faster. It starts so violently, but once you get to fourth things seem to level out, but you are then going 160 and have other things to focus on.
I did set two other records on my Ducati 749, so got three for the weekend.

#7 ·
What's been done to her anything or is she stock?

#11 ·
H2R performance in the Colorado mile

I took my H2R to the Colorado Mile this past weekend and was disappointed as ****. There was another H2R there also. I made 3 licensing passes to get my A license then made 9 more passes. They had 1/4, and 1/2 mile speeds also. I had the throttle pinned just before the 1/4 hitting 149 then remaining pinned and tucked, 175.9 at the 1/2 then the extreme disappointment, every pass at full pinned throttle for the mile was 186.7 to 188.6 [had a tailwind, LOL]. They were duplicates of each other. The other H2R hit 209, and 205 consistently for his 4 passes after his licensing. On the computer my boost max at the end of the run ranged from 111 - 121. The other H2R ranged from 145 - 149. Top speed on his registered at 219mph, mine at 200mph. I don't know if I have an H2 ECU in this thing or the dealer switched it with an H2 for some reason but I was extremely disappointed. I contacted the Kawasaki H2R hotline this am, and they had no idea other than dealer switched it or it was sent with the wrong ECU.

#13 ·
I took my H2R to the Colorado Mile this past weekend and was disappointed as ****. There was another H2R there also. I made 3 licensing passes to get my A license then made 9 more passes. They had 1/4, and 1/2 mile speeds also. I had the throttle pinned just before the 1/4 hitting 149 then remaining pinned and tucked, 175.9 at the 1/2 then the extreme disappointment, every pass at full pinned throttle for the mile was 186.7 to 188.6 [had a tailwind, LOL]. They were duplicates of each other. The other H2R hit 209, and 205 consistently for his 4 passes after his licensing. On the computer my boost max at the end of the run ranged from 111 - 121. The other H2R ranged from 145 - 149. Top speed on his registered at 219mph, mine at 200mph. I don't know if I have an H2 ECU in this thing or the dealer switched it with an H2 for some reason but I was extremely disappointed. I contacted the Kawasaki H2R hotline this am, and they had no idea other than dealer switched it or it was sent with the wrong ECU.
I thought I read where the R's ecu limited it's top speed to 205. My guess is you need to contact Don Guhl for help. I can't imagine a dealer swapping Ecu's and it would be pretty obvious if they had ordered a stock H2 ecu at the same time your bike came in. For what it is worth, the H2R that ran at Loring last weekend ran a top speed of 196. Interestingly, a 2014 BMW hp4 with a flash ran 197. I still think the aerodynamics are the problem, my Ducati with about half the horsepower of my H2, ran almost 150 mph. As for registered top speed, mine showed 189 for the last half mile, but never made it through the timing lights faster than 184.

#15 ·
I received the ECU number from Kawasaki and it matches the ECU in the bike. I am sending to Guhl in the am. Hopefully he can see what tune is in it before he puts the new one in. The other H2R ran 182.3 in the 1/2 mile on his 209 pass. I think it was actually 208.6 or 7. His last 3 or 4 passes were all over 203. Flashed HP4 and a 1199R ran also. I believe the R was 171 - 173 and the HP4 I believe was 180. Owned by the same person. He rode them both.

#18 ·
Is there a memory recall on the speed and boost on the Bike? If so how do you get to it?

#19 ·
The H2 does have an Event Data Recorder, meant to preserve information in the case of an accident. This is constantly overwritten and cancelled once the ignition is switched off, except in the case of an accident. So my handbook says!

They also say special equipment is needed to interrogate the EDR and it can only be done by Kawasaki. I wonder if this was what we saw in the photos from Losail at the launch, there was one of an H2R showing 220?

#25 · (Edited)
No Loring here...just this

This time I watched the RPM indicator..it was just at 14K.Slightly a bit more.NOT at the limiter.Had I held her for a few more seconds...I think she'd have hit the 14.2 limiter...and had a bit more MPH.But 201 is great for me.Finally did it!Smooth as glass at that speed as well....

If anyone needs to do some suspension adjusting for more softness..the Dave Moss setup works very well.My prior settings were very close actually....so at least I know now my inputs on her were going the right way.

#28 ·
Hey Silver congrats! Very nicely done! I take it you like the 42 rear? :) how is the first n second gear acceleration? Can you feel the difference? How about the wheelies ? Dose the front still come up like before? I have yet to put on my 42 rear....

#26 ·
Jayski at least you were out there doing it :) I have not had that much fun for ages
Weather was great with a light tailwind from lunch on each day , most we waited between runs was an hour if we went straight back in line
I was the turbo busa with the odd orange and black colors, we had a blast even with 2 of our 3 riders over running the end of the track

Please dont take this wrong, but your a much bigger guy than the other H2r, and will be harder to get similar speeds with similar setup

#27 ·
I agree, the weather was very nice each day. I remember seeing you several times in line. I saw each of the run offs. I trust they are doing well. Did they say what happened? Yes, we could get almost as many runs as desired. Had a great time other than not reaching 200mph. LOL, I am about 70lbs heavier than he was. I am sorry we did not meet personally. Next time.

#33 ·
Tracy, we all enjoyed meeting and interacting with you. My crew is awesome aren't they? As I have written above the ECU has the H2 tune in it. LOL It will be at Guhl tomorrow. Shipped it next day. You had some great runs. I look forward to seeing you again. Are you going to Texas?

#31 · (Edited)
I also tried those 'settings' options.No record funtion in there for my H2.

@Somefun ...I need to do some harder low gear pulls.I did two of those top runs...however...the first one(which may actually have been higher considering I was full all the way into it and ran farther)didn't record on my GPS...REALLY pissed me off.

I like the 42...so far.Only rode today with it though.It feels good...but I'll try some take offs.I did a few 'pretty good' take offs...I think the QS was smoother as far as the rpm range I was doing.In the 3K range shifting.I know that sounds low...but mine has always 'jerked' from 1st to 3rd at that rpm.No matter how quick I toe it in.

BTW...she still lifts nicely...perhaps not quite as sudden...which is fine with me.

#35 ·
You mean the 14K?As I mentioned...it was NOT completely topped out.My limiter is set to 14,200.It was only at 14K.I'll go again soon...and this time..I'll choose my other straight to run on.I still had probably another 3/4 mile left...maybe a bit more...but you know how fast that goes by.With cars coming...I felt I should just back out and drop back to highway speeds.

I have the 18 up front.Maybe that's it?

#40 ·
We have seen speeds of over 200 on the H2R dash panels at the Losail launch and on Rickey Gadson's hybrid bike. We know the speedo software is in the dash and Don Guhl confirmed it when I was asking if the 189 limit of the H2 could be raised. He said it was nothing to do with the ECU.

So we have different ECU and different Dash, I would say it's quite clear that the H2 and H2R are not the same electronics wise.

#45 · (Edited)
About 210 at 14,000, with a gearing change it should pull 215 to 220. If you decide to go, be sure to read all the rules as far as safety equipment and mods for the rules, just too far to drive to be told it is not legal.

#48 ·
The course at Maine is fun, but can be sorta intimidating. Once you have ridden the mile a few times and then go on a mile and half course you almost get an uh oh feeling when you get to the mile and realize you still have another 2840 feet to keep accelerating. Also, the course is so long that even when you let off the gas at the end, I found I still had to get back on the gas to get to the turnaround at the end of the course. The salt flats have even longer courses at three and five miles, but because it is so barren out there, it doesn't seem so strange to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.