221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
That sucks. Hope for the best

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It's not that they want it to be online. There is an offset inside the ECU that needs to be accounted for when it is updated based on how the software handles the requests. It's only a few kb that is transmitted from point A to point B and back to point A after the needed calculations have been made server side. Until all possible offsets have been accounted for and can be emulated properly inside of the software, it unfortunately has to be online for this and the 15+ H2/H2-R, 16+ ZX-10R and 16+ 14R. All other ECUs they support are able to flashed offline no problem.
Sounds more like they are protecting their product. There is NO software or calculations they have to be able to do themselves that couldnt be resolved on your laptop. Thats totally them protecting their product so you have to log into their server to use it.

NOLA

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Latest update, now harvest is done i can get to work on the bikes again
The upgrades and developments since last yr are arriving
Tail fairing /seat unit mould is just about done

EC Rear hub and sprocket , injectors, rail, fuel and water pumps and bigger heat exchanger .And fin for better distribution of the airflow in the intercooler

pics of the water pump with the prototype i had last season,
and updated heat exchanger next to original prototype cores

Also as no one is yet making a sidewinder that is also on the list , collector and bends in stock to start work

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Last time i was trying the stg 2 23/24 gears, this time the stg 4 24/23 , using my gears and the Bear lower bolt

For some reason the uploader is not working , will try again later

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Been playing with the bike a little, ecu conversion was done about 6 months ago, but needed some tidy up and improved ign selection, previously had an ACR2 CDI on which has great spark energy but is only 2 channel so was waste spark (firing 2 cyls at once one on the exhaust stroke ) and also left me with a largish ignitor box , so on suggestion from both Ben and Andy tried another coil type ,
Test started yesterday and everything seems good , big test will be to replace the gasoline with methanol (and multiply the fuel mapping by 2.5)and see if it starts , if it will rum methanol on cold start it should be good for just about anything

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Oz,
Did you do the machining yourself for the larger compressor wheel? I don’t want to write a program if someone has already done it! I cannot find anything when I search, you stated earlier in the thread that you know of 4 bikes with bigger compressor wheels installed, do you have any information on them.
Thank you!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
I buy them complete with pilot bore , get them finished to size and balanced
then same guys who finish and balance, machine the housing, assemble the rotating section with new wheel and balance the assembly
Currently doing several styles, bigger version of the 6+6 original wheel, an 11 blade and a 9 blade
Also found a problem in the bearing housing which i update some components while its getting reassembled

·
Registered
587 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Nice! You have my attention sir!!! How much would each setup be? I am thinking about buying another H2 and doing a full build.
Your Private messaging is turned off

Got to watch what and how i post that its more information than commercial content or i will have to become a paying advertiser, and i dont do it enough nor make enough money on it to do that

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice! You have my attention sir!!! How much would each setup be? I am thinking about buying another H2 and doing a full build.

Got to watch what and how i post that its more information than commercial content or i will have to become a paying advertiser, and i dont do it enough nor make enough money on it to do that
I think I fixed it!

·
Registered
587 Posts

You need to get this product into testing my friend. I hope there is someone local to you willing to try this product out for a little while

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
one ran at the Aussie salt last year, another is on the dyno now
biggest problem was engine management, with the flash all were using things were not consistant above 24 psi and shut down above 29
After talking to Guhl lately i now know more about what may be happening
everyone was chasing big power with stg 3 or 4 gears and cam upgrades of one type or another , IC and compressor big wheels

Currently 3 bikes are getting aftermarket ecu's (LINK G4+ FURY) to get over these problems , 2 are running and as mentioned one is at dyno stage , the 4th i am about to start on , It will be flashed and i expect no problems like previous

·
Registered
587 Posts
everyone was chasing big power with stg 3 or 4 gears and cam upgrades of one type or another , IC and compressor big wheels

basically the thought for myself, was larger impeller wheel while starting off with stock gears. Unless new boost level data will be supplied before hand. IE what the new impeller is making with stock gears, stage 2 gears etc

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Life has been getting in the way again, but through the busy period now and catching up with the bikes for racing in March
Leaded race fuel has been banned here in Australia and i am converting my bikes to straight methanol , mechanical fuel pump due to the volume needed , but still deciding if the H2 will go that way or stick with E85
E85 needs the intercooler still, the fuel alone will reduce intake temps by 20-25c which is not enough to run safe for long periods at high rpm (logged this last year ),
Methanol as fuel doesnt need an intercooler , the sheer volume (2.5 times that of gasoline fuels) of something that cools so much as it evaporates cools the intake charge , have logged a 78 deg C reduction in temp between the turbo outlet and intake port just above the valve , but that 2.5 times volume is difficult to supply and you need a big spark to light it off

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Don , If i take the core out i will still use the billet plenum, this is the prototype from Extreme Creations, very heavy , production units are lighter

221 - 240 of 249 Posts