Ninja H2 banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Looks like photobucket have joined the ransom hackers wanting $300 to continue hosting photos , so my thoughts are Fuckthem...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Back on the build, i see there are big steps being taken with drop in cams etc now for the H2 :) Great stuff

So i have been away a while , went to a landspeed meeting in Bolivia and was fortunate enough to be involved in Ralph Hudsons team with a much modified GSXR 1000 that now has raised the standards of LSR on salt another notch with a 284mph record and 289 mph best one way , and i know it has a lot more in it, expecting 300mph next year

I am also waiting to have plaster removed after i broke my thumb dropping my busa at the Colorado Mile , where i bent the throttle blades hitting the limiter hard and then driving through the brakes at the end of the mile (ABS like the H2 's would have been nice at that stage)

So getting back to the H2 , finally have mine running again , previously was using a borrowed ecu , immobiliser and key switch assembly,(My ecu was damaged) now can bypass the immobiliser and go to a simple toggle switch to use a new ecu i have brought , and confirmed it on another ecu i have here off a drag bike build that also wants exactly this feature
So i hope to update more often

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Classic Motorcycle Performance - CMP, Gallatin, TN, most of there info is on FB
same guys Envied H2 is taking his to

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Well time is short and i need to keep at this,
Since the ecu can only be flashed where there is internet connection , and this bike is getting built for the Aussie salt which is way out there i realy dont have much choice but to go standalone ecu, it was the initial plan, but the standard ecu and what could be flashed in it and with logging available was looking like a great option up to when i had my connectivity problems

So i have been collecting the ecu , ignition and terminals i will need for the conversion
The Vipec is an older model, but one i have already and same as several other bikes i have here, so the familiararity is worth a lot in both setup time and use
It will run the Ethrottle, has onboard knock sensing, lots of ign and injector putputs and a lot of other input and output pins , And good logging
Connectors for the e throttle were not hard to source, and many of the others are also readily available, some i will change out for the assortment pack type, but that will be minimal, so at any time i can put this back to original, it would be quite easy to repin the original harness to suit the vipec, uses the same style connectors , but eventually the harness would be throw away from salt damage so i will put it in storage and can refit at any time
Using a CDI ignition, handy that the original is CDI and the factory coils can still be used , i looked at smart coil options, but this is easier to package

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rail and Injectors

Hi there your pic show you are busy with stacks and injectors will that be in my kit as well and can i get rods and pistons from you as well pls

Hi there. Extreme Creations has a billet fuel rail and Bosch 1150cc injectors and adaptors to suit H2 for sale. Get onto their website as they do a full conversion kit. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
That's too bad about the flashing options. Personally not a fan that you have to have an internet connection. I understand why they want that, but at the same time there should be an option to flash it offline.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's too bad about the flashing options. Personally not a fan that you have to have an internet connection. I understand why they want that, but at the same time there should be an option to flash it offline.
It's not that they want it to be online. There is an offset inside the ECU that needs to be accounted for when it is updated based on how the software handles the requests. It's only a few kb that is transmitted from point A to point B and back to point A after the needed calculations have been made server side. Until all possible offsets have been accounted for and can be emulated properly inside of the software, it unfortunately has to be online for this and the 15+ H2/H2-R, 16+ ZX-10R and 16+ 14R. All other ECUs they support are able to flashed offline no problem.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^That's very unfortunate, especially considering these tracks are in the middle of no where so even hot spotting is virtually impossible. If you have to make changes, you're screwed lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tethering my laptop to my AT&T smart phone I was able reflash my H2 in Maine at Loring AFB. There was 4g service there. Nothing like making a pass, looking at data then tuning accordingly. Being a mechanic all my life it's just very rewarding to tune the bike yourself... Don't know about 4g service down under ? Good luck to you OZ, keep us posted.

·
Registered
587 Posts
^there wasn't 4g service there for me LOL!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
We have good 4 g available, just not where i need it , my phone has poor 3g signal in the dyno room, and a wifi extender from my modem is only just in range
and the salt would need a sat phone , not much choice realy,

I have gotten addicted to information, the flashed suzukis have had either just the Woolich/editor log box or a logger like the AEM AQ1 or Innovate DL32 or a combination of the Woolich and other
and now running the Vipec on 1 for several yrs have even more info at my fingertips
More parts for the wiring arriving
micro iso 280 relays, that fit in a small waterproof relay/fuse box, with any luck and planing going my way the whole wiring system will be totally sealed and no potential problems after a salt meeting , Half my problems on the salt over a 14 yr period have been from salt damage to wiring

·
Registered
427 Posts
Back on the build, i see there are big steps being taken with drop in cams etc now for the H2 :) Great stuff

So i have been away a while , went to a landspeed meeting in Bolivia and was fortunate enough to be involved in Ralph Hudsons team with a much modified GSXR 1000 that now has raised the standards of LSR on salt another notch with a 284mph record and 289 mph best one way , and i know it has a lot more in it, expecting 300mph next year

I am also waiting to have plaster removed after i broke my thumb dropping my busa at the Colorado Mile , where i bent the throttle blades hitting the limiter hard and then driving through the brakes at the end of the mile (ABS like the H2 's would have been nice at that stage)

So getting back to the H2 , finally have mine running again , previously was using a borrowed ecu , immobiliser and key switch assembly,(My ecu was damaged) now can bypass the immobiliser and go to a simple toggle switch to use a new ecu i have brought , and confirmed it on another ecu i have here off a drag bike build that also wants exactly this feature
So i hope to update more often

.... so when are you going to sell us some of these great drop in cams :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
...I'm guessing OzBooster will be off-line for a bit...
Predicted downpour of a foot of rain in his area over the next three days and I'm pretty sure he will be doing triple shifts leading up to it.
**thinking of you**

201 - 220 of 249 Posts