Ninja H2 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new set of lowering links has become available as of today. Soupy's Performance out of Zeeland, Michigan has added the H2 & H2R to their list of bikes they build lowering links for. These links are all steel. I have used a set since 2007 on my Bonneville bike with zero issues. I'm not in any way connected with Soupy's but I highly recommend them. Here's a picture.

Brock's Performance also offers a set of lowering links. His are manufactured in aluminum and are much lighter than the all steel product from Soupy's. They also have a window that allows one to see the threaded length within the ends.

Which product and why?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have the Brock's Window links on my H2 and I had them on my 14 as well.

I like the fact that it's possible to see the amount of thread being used as this is much safer. With the other type how will you know if the link only has one or two turns of the thread engaged? Also the Brock's links are superbly finished, not just a rough bit of hex-bar but a quality product.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Brock's Window links on my H2 and I had them on my 14 as well.

I like the fact that it's possible to see the amount of thread being used as this is much safer. With the other type how will you know if the link only has one or two turns of the thread engaged? Also the Brock's links are superbly finished, not just a rough bit of hex-bar but a quality product.
Hi Bob,

Too me, the window is almost a gimmick as one can very easily verify how much thread is engaged. The initial concern I had with the Brock's offering was the the window reducing the strength of the link. I know less than zero about different alloy compositions so my concern may not have been a concern at all. Brock has one heck of a reputation that he seems to religiously uphold with his above and beyond testing of equipment before releasing to his customers.

I love the look of Brock's offering and it goes so beautifully with the overall look of the H2. Now that I know of one other person who is using them for LSR, I'm lending more credence to the product.

Back 11 years ago I had no knowledge of Brock Davidson and I had just met Richard Sims. I don't know if Brock had universal links at that time and Rich didn't have the needed machining capability at the time.

So, I settled on this set from Soupy's.

As is seen here in the picture, an insert was swedged into the ends of the tubing so the bar end ball links could be installed. This setup continues to serve me well and was built to my specifications.

Soupy's offering for the H2 seems to pale in comparison to Brock's offering. I don't think Soupy's latest measures up to the custom set they built for me years ago.

I'm leaning toward Brock's.:)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm leaning toward Brock's.:)
If it helps you to make a decision: I had Brock's window links on my ZZR1400 (ZX14R) and my Hayabusa, both bikes used in LSR.

Brock's reputation is rock solid and I have no concerns about the strength of the window links. Although I never do bling for it's own sake, only fitting parts with a performance advantage, the fact that these window links look so much better that a simple piece of bar gets my vote.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it helps you to make a decision: I had Brock's window links on my ZZR1400 (ZX14R) and my Hayabusa, both bikes used in LSR.
Just made my shopping list and Brock's links are on it.:) Much appreciate your input!

Bob, how did you lower the front? Internal fork mod, strap down, or raise the forks and use Brock's damper riser kit?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bob, how did you lower the front? Internal fork mod, strap down, or raise the forks and use Brock's damper riser kit?

I normally go for a combination of raising the forks in the clamps and a strap - but I use the strap more to prevent the front from unloading on launch than to set the height. If you get it set right the rear will squat at the launch and the bike will be level giving you the best chance of a quick getaway without a wheelie.

Probably stuff you know very well, apologies if so.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I normally go for a combination of raising the forks in the clamps and a strap - but I use the strap more to prevent the front from unloading on launch than to set the height. If you get it set right the rear will squat at the launch and the bike will be level giving you the best chance of a quick getaway without a wheelie.

Probably stuff you know very well, apologies if so.
Yes, but I was asking what you do on your H2 for LSR. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts