Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed Brock's full slash cut, pcv and filter. Love the looks, quality is all there, but this thing is pretty dam loud. Looking at the other exhaust options for the H2, the Akro IMO may have the sound handled but the looks are not exactly beautiful. Slipons dont seem to not be a great option with the cat in place, and seems like there is a bit of cutting and link pipe fab stuff going on. There are a few Japanese companies (Beet, Over Racing etc.) with some crazy ti colors. I know this is a low production bike but it seems like it's "loud and good looking" or not so great looking and reasonable decibel. One good ride on the freeway has made me rethinking putting this beautiful exhaust on my bike and going back to stock due to lack of the right exhaust option. I would willing to pay $$$$ for a Brock's system with a can that would take the noise down like a CT in can on some of the other systems offered, even if I would be giving up a few hp.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Bikepusher, you said it. I think a nice looking system with a reasonable noise limit would sell.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I prefer reasonably quiet on the street - just enough to hear the engine but not enough to attract the wrong kind of attention.

A slip-on with the front part of the exhaust system left intact works for me. The catalyst box and flapper valve take care of most of the noise and it works out just right with a Hindle slip-on. Keeping the catalyst keeps it quasi-emissions-legal in case they ever start enforcing that, too.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just installed Brock's full slash cut, pcv and filter. Love the looks, quality is all there, but this thing is pretty dam loud. Looking at the other exhaust options for the H2, the Akro IMO may have the sound handled but the looks are not exactly beautiful. Slipons dont seem to not be a great option with the cat in place, and seems like there is a bit of cutting and link pipe fab stuff going on. There are a few Japanese companies (Beet, Over Racing etc.) with some crazy ti colors. I know this is a low production bike but it seems like it's "loud and good looking" or not so great looking and reasonable decibel. One good ride on the freeway has made me rethinking putting this beautiful exhaust on my bike and going back to stock due to lack of the right exhaust option. I would willing to pay $$$$ for a Brock's system with a can that would take the noise down like a CT in can on some of the other systems offered, even if I would be giving up a few hp.
If you decide on a change and willing to sell the slash cut I'd probably buy it. Running Brocks full polished w/ Alien Head 2 and think it's perfect sound level wise but have been curious about the way the slash cut sounds while riding, I heard its pretty similiar to the Alien Head 2, maybe the slash cut is slightly louder.

Have you tried Brocks noise reduction plug available for the slash cut, if not maybe that would be the best option :
Noise Reduction Plug | Brock's Main Store

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the noise reduction plug in my slash cut, unfortunately it doesn't help much. I have to agree though, it dose look awesome on the H2!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have the noise reduction plug in my slash cut, unfortunately it doesn't help much. I have to agree though, it dose look awesome on the H2!

Copy.

Ditto, love the way it looks.
Also love the way it sounds both in tone & loudness, I like it loud but get that sound level is a personal preference.

For my own taste, there's not really another option, H2 exhaust wise. And don't know of a full system that will give a level of loudness between say Brocks full exhaust & Akras full system w/ pre muffler.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Fresco full system has db killers. Mine should be showing up pretty soon so I'll be able to see just how quiet it actually can be on the street. Even if I have to modify the db killers some, I just like the option of a low exhaust that doesn't make my neighbors hate me and a being able to pull the plugs out for track days.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My Termignoni muffler has the E stamp(catalytic convertor) and a removable DB killer.
Quiet with it in and with it out nice. All problems solved.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What- this one?
NINJA H2 Ligne complete 4-2-1

Ive asked them if the titanium version comes in blue anodised.
It's so fugly I kinda like it.
I believe it'll just be bare titanium, which will turn blue over time from heat:

I'm not huge on the really overdone blue color that I've seen some exhausts come stock, I'd like it to get there over time. I should get it any day now so I'll share photos once it shows up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The noise reduction plug from Brock's didn't make any difference as far as I could tell, plus didn't look great either. I'm going to try modify a slipon from Akro or Brock's CT muffler to fit on the full system.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've never been too concerned with exact decibels so don't have an any idea of what the difference would be by looking at dB values/#.... I like a really loud exhaust. Brocks full system w/ the Alien Head 2 is Nirvana to me w/ it's sound level/ loudness & in it's tone.

So how noticeable would the difference be in the 2 exhausts below on the H2, in terms of how loud they would be in comparison? Thanks in advance for any help.

Exhaust 1 : Idle 106 dB / 115dB @ 5000 rpm
Vs.
Exhaust 2: 93 dB @ 4000 rpm

·
Registered
60 Posts
Brock mentioned something about a new noise reduction plug available soon that was substantialy quieter.
Patiently waiting...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Exhaust 1 = very loud
Exhaust 2 = close to stock

Close to stock? Surprised, Exhaust 2 has got to be between stock & Exhaust 1, no? What's stock dB?

Both Exhaust 1 & 2 are full systems/no cat.

Exhaust 2 sounds louder than stock in the vids but definitely looks like it has a much larger/longer muffler than Exhaust 1.

That's exactly my hesitation though, I own Exhaust 1 & absolutely LOVE how loud it sounds plus the noises it makes, accelerating, deccelerating it's evil as heck.

I was debating trying Exhaust 2, it's got a great look but from the vids at least it doesn't sound as loud or nasty as Exhaust 1.

Thanks Vmax+h2...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts