Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wish.....But I'm flying to Portland OR to pick up my ZX14 that I shipped out to ride her back some 4800 miles. :) Keep us in the loops guys! wish I could do both!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hey Some...that sounds SO cool.It's me,silverbirdh2.So your H2 is doing good.Mine too.Just awesome bikes.You be safe on that ride...hope to see some pics or vids;)Take care....

·
Registered
867 Posts
@;
Hey Some...that sounds SO cool.It's me,silverbirdh2.So your H2 is doing good.Mine too.Just awesome bikes.You be safe on that ride...hope to see some pics or vids;)Take care....
Hey man!!!! good to hear from you! Yeah she's doing great thanks. Looking forward to getting on the 14 for the long haul. :)
I'll put up some pics for sure and also will have them on my Instagram which is Somefun22 :)

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There will be video, I got a nice steering stem mount for the Gopro, tucked behind the fairing. ... I've been waiting quite some time for this event. Their spring event was cancelled due to rain, hopefully the weather isn't a factor this time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well finally made it to Maine last week. . Bike ran awesome, I had riding equipment issues with my leathers. only managed 198.5 MPH. The bike had plenty more to go. It was my first time racing at a LSR event. It was a blast. I learned quite a bit. Aerodynamics are very important at that speed. Next time I'll see how 200 plus feels. I was shocked to see the lack of turnout at this event since Ohio isn't running this year. You should all try it. It's just fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=9TZlYELPQOM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well finally made it to Maine last week. . Bike ran awesome, I had riding equipment issues with my leathers. only managed 198.5 MPH. The bike had plenty more to go. It was my first time racing at a LSR event. It was a blast. I learned quite a bit. Aerodynamics are very important at that speed. Next time I'll see how 200 plus feels. I was shocked to see the lack of turnout at this event since Ohio isn't running this year. You should all try it. It's just fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=9TZlYELPQOM
That's fast.... what modifications have you done to your bike?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brocks Alien full pipe, his clutch mod, Woolich racing log box, and 19t and 41t sprockets. Stock swingarm and lowered the front 1 inch. Tuned and programed by myself. It's still street legal in Pa. anyway. Haha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Great footage @zrxman
When I listen carefully I'm pretty sure I could hear the grin inside your helmet.

Wish we had some mile races here.

The concrete surface looks like it has lots of deep cracks but it didn't appear to be too much of a problem. What's it like to ride on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The surface is fine, it just looks that way. You can run flat out for 1.5 miles and the just let off the throttle, there is plenty of room to stop.... I logged a ton of data, all gears were fine. Only 6th gear data was a little to lean for my liking at 13.3 to one. That will be dialed down to 12.2 to 12.5. Real world data logging I believe is much better than running a bike on the dyno. It's also a lot more fun !!! ... It was a 13 hour drive for me to get there, that's the only bummer and they only race three times a year there, spring, summer and fall.

·
Registered
238 Posts
13 hours is certainly a long haul, the guys in Europe can cross 3 countries in a couple of hours.

I'm curious (and trying to get my head around all this black magic)...
were your maps similar for all the gears? If so do you think its the "ram air"" making 6th lean? (which you wouldn't see on a dyno)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am curious too , still trying to figure out the way the ecu uses the maps,
There should be some sort of compensation either by manifold pressure change or outright correction in the background for gear or speed (Suzukis use a gear correction table),
Tuning tps is all good until you want to vary the psi levels , and i am not yet sure about the map sensor /ambiant pressure sensor tables range

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Justin Woolich is currently working on more features to add to the H2 bin file. You can also go back and look at a logged run and view a/f ratio, rpm, gear and tps. More than likely he will be able to unlock other areas in the ECU that will add to a more precise tune. My bike is dialed in pretty close. I have no complaints as to the bike , my concerns are more aerodynamics. The leathers I wore wear too tight restricting my ability to get my body tucked in tight. My first pass I hit 189mph and it took all my strength to hold on to the handlebars. I tried a different set of leathers and boots and picked up 10 mph. The effort too hold on to the bike was GREATLY reduced. I needed to adjust the seat bolsters all the way back and work on riding technique more, as I didn't hit redline in 6th gear. It was definitely a learning experience. I'll keep pestering Justin too add more features, it's quite complex but I have all the faith in the world that he can do it. Later guys : )

·
Registered
587 Posts
^Nice job man. 200mph club next time for sure.

Here's the video of my runs down the Runway. Ended up with a new PB of 218.1mph

Reactions: jayski

·
Registered
674 Posts
ZRXman, there is a lot more in there to view in the configuration page of the log viewer, ETV, manifold pressure and inlet temp are great, but wish ign timing was active , and the scale configurable to get the manifold pressure all on the page

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes Oz thank you.... What also hindered me in to getting up to speed was that fact that I copied the H2R ETV map to my bike, which makes it very hard to get tps near 100 % in the lower gears, with my stock swing arm it is kind of tricky to ride the bike hard in the lower gears. I like it that way for driving on the street. Reminds me of my original 1972 H2. You can't measure the fun I had taking the bike there to let it rip. At 59 years old I couldn't have had a better vacation.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Probably needs some time spent on ETV to tame the lower gears , fighting the power is not a good way to go fast
Logging of the TPS to ETV should tell you where you backed off and how much to turn the ETV down in that gear

1 - 20 of 21 Posts