Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question . I recently attended a track day and on inspection I noticed that there was movement in the bearing of the rear rim, about 1 mm. I checked it the dealer and they mention that this is normal for this roller bearing type fitted the the H2. I have two other single sided swing arm bikes that don't do this. Anyone have this problem, if so is it normal?

·
Registered
142 Posts
About 1500km on mine.

If I hold the wheel horizontally through axle height, i.e. forward and aft, I feel play. Vertically through axle, i.e. top and bottom, no play.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question . I recently attended a track day and on inspection I noticed that there was movement in the bearing of the rear rim, about 1 mm. I checked it the dealer and they mention that this is normal for this roller bearing type fitted the the H2. I have two other single sided swing arm bikes that don't do this. Anyone have this problem, if so is it normal?

Peters,

FYI. At first service my steering head bearing was loose, keep that in mind and have it checked, I will check the rear wheel as well. Thanks...

Rhody...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yes..checked mine as well....The front brakes have a 'locking' deal to em.Noise is normal.It felt like a steering head bearing was 'off' it wasn't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked mine, still only 150 miles on it and it is tight. The rear caliper holder has some movement in it though which looks normal.
Too be sure if the bearing is loose or not take two people, I leaned the bike over on its side stand to get the rear tyre off the ground then checked the wiggle in the rear bearing, Trying this on when the rear is on the ground works but not that well... Thanks sileverbirdH2 I will also check the head bearing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts