Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member here since last june after I seen that my local dealer had a H2 on the showroom floor. I almost pulled the trigger on it then but got cold feet. Went back a month later to see if it wa still there an it was gone! So I figured it wasn't meant to be. So for the past 9 months I just been doing alot of reading here an quietly observing from a distance. But things finally lined up this year an after tireless searching I was able to get my hands on a used green frame in mint condition! I spoke to many people that tried to sell me the 2016, but I told them I was determined to find a green frame as close to new as possible. They told me good luck finding one....lol And here she is all the way from the Bay area California!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Been a member here since last june after I seen that my local dealer had a H2 on the showroom floor. I almost pulled the trigger on it then but got cold feet. Went back a month later to see if it wa still there an it was gone! So I figured it wasn't meant to be. So for the past 9 months I just been doing alot of reading here an quietly observing from a distance. But things finally lined up this year an after tireless searching I was able to get my hands on a used green frame in mint condition! I spoke to many people that tried to sell me the 2016, but I told them I was determined to find a green frame as close to new as possible. They told me good luck finding one....lol And here she is all the way from the Bay area California!
Congratulations! I seriously doubt if you will ever regret your decision! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanx fellas.....I have a few questions. I only ridden the bike about 4 times now an I notice everytime I'm done there's oil from the steering damper on the top triple tree. Is anyone else havin this issue with the steering damper leaking? Is it a known issue at all?

Also I can't get the seat cowl to open. I stick the key in underneather the undertail but for some reason the cowl doesn't open? Any advice?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Stick the key in and turn, hold it turned, grab middle part of back support and pull towards the front of the bike. When it has released pull straight up. Their is no oil coming from my damper, call your dealer with that one

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well thought it about time I added a comment instead of just surfing the site.
Got my 2016 H2, added Guhl flash, air cleaner and Brock slash cut off the dealer floor....have not dyno tuned yet.
But let me say....one the sound is freaking amazing, oh and loud. The acceleration is..wow, have not had it above 7k yet. I know WUS.
Only got 130 miles on it..forgive me.

My 2011 Z10r fully kitted to to RG spec, not in the same league.
This is an awesome bike...so now abuse me, as I am one if the guys with the H2R sat on blocks to look at and drool over., no miles.
Yes I also now have a faster H2 at 20k cheaper. Why, because I can.
I ride, I ride fast, I collect, and I love my bikes.
These bikes are very special....I know most obvious, don't to tell most on this forum that, but after 41 years of riding bikes and having owned most Marques in my time....this is very special from Kawasaki.
Superchargers and turbos will soon be common place and they won't be the animal this is or can be made into.

So with that I am waiting for my latest kawa to arrive....Z125 Pro....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanx fellas.....I have a few questions. I only ridden the bike about 4 times now an I notice everytime I'm done there's oil from the steering damper on the top triple tree. Is anyone else havin this issue with the steering damper leaking? Is it a known issue at all?

Also I can't get the seat cowl to open. I stick the key in underneather the undertail but for some reason the cowl doesn't open? Any advice?
Get onto the local dealer as mine has done 14,000 ks and no sign of oil leak from steering dampner .Congrats and yes 2015 looks heaps cooler,sorry 2016 owners.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well thought it about time I added a comment instead of just surfing the site.
Got my 2016 H2, added Guhl flash, air cleaner and Brock slash cut off the dealer floor....have not dyno tuned yet.
But let me say....one the sound is freaking amazing, oh and loud. The acceleration is..wow, have not had it above 7k yet. I know WUS.
Only got 130 miles on it..forgive me.

My 2011 Z10r fully kitted to to RG spec, not in the same league.
This is an awesome bike...so now abuse me, as I am one if the guys with the H2R sat on blocks to look at and drool over., no miles.
Yes I also now have a faster H2 at 20k cheaper. Why, because I can.
I ride, I ride fast, I collect, and I love my bikes.
These bikes are very special....I know most obvious, don't to tell most on this forum that, but after 41 years of riding bikes and having owned most Marques in my time....this is very special from Kawasaki.
Superchargers and turbos will soon be common place and they won't be the animal this is or can be made into.

So with that I am waiting for my latest kawa to arrive....Z125 Pro....
If you spend 20k on a H2 and it's faster or makes more power then an H2R that all well and good but it's still "just" an H2 . If I had the money I would be more than happy to have an H2R than just about anything else currently on the market .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love the H2R, initial plan was to make it road legalish, had it all organized. But at the end of the day decided to get the H2 for riding, upgrade with Brock's and keep the H2R as is.
Best of both worlds I guess

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if the warranty will cover it? It has 4yrs left from the previous owner

Get onto the local dealer as mine has done 14,000 ks and no sign of oil leak from steering dampner .Congrats and yes 2015 looks heaps cooler,sorry 2016 owners.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also for some reason my bike doesn't seem that fast? It has the sensitve snappy throttle, but doesn't seem to have that punch after 6k-7k rpm? I see that the umbrella icon is lit up on the tach. I'm assuming that means it's in rainn mode? Could that have something to do with it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Also for some reason my bike doesn't seem that fast? It has the sensitve snappy throttle, but doesn't seem to have that punch after 6k-7k rpm? I see that the umbrella icon is lit up on the tach. I'm assuming that means it's in rainn mode? Could that have something to do with it?
Rain mode turns the H2 into a 250.

Hold down the mode button, then scroll down until you see rain. Hit mode, scroll down to "OFF" and hit mode again. Then hold on. If you've only been riding it in rain mode, you're about to be blown away, the difference is monumental.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Very much looking forward to what you think about it when the umbrella light goes out !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol!!! Ok thanx for the tips fellas! I figured that umbrella had something to do with it. I'll mess around with her this weekend to see if I can get it. Now I just need to get the steering damper fixed an hopelly get that seat cowl off so I can take the mudflap off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts