Ninja H2 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
I've been trying to search for this subject for a long time.

I'm the kinda guy who like to investigate everything there is worth knowing about a new bike. (I just bought a brand new '17 H2 Carbon, picking it up in March)

I was reading about all the features, and stumbled upon this frase: - KTRC (including traction, wheelie & sliding control)
I didn't know there was a wheelie control on the H2.
So I started searching and saw that the H2 got a new IMU in '17.
Is that's the reason for the wheelie control ??

If yes.
How do you set it up?
I tried to look it up in the manual but couldn't find it anywhere.
I've also tried to Google it with no actual hit.
If it is a proper wheelie control, does anyone know the actual numbers for the wheelie degrees in the different settings ?

Hope to get some good answers !
Can't wait until March! 馃檪

Registered
Congrats on yer new spaceship!Gonna be an AWESOME new year for ya;)

I THINK,but aren't sure..."KTRC (including traction, wheelie & sliding control)"...is a smooth way of making it sound a bit more embellished.Ktrc IS a wheely control in a sense.It can be set up to limit engine speed at several areas of acceleration.But it's NOT a TRUE wheely control.Like it measures the wheel height,then does something about it.True wheely control would stop the bike from rising any further even if throttle was added.Ktrc is not the same.It WILL allow the rider to flip his bike if he's in a certain operation of gear and throttle. It measures front wheel speed against rear wheel speed and determines why they're not turning within the set parameters,not wheel height.Then it steps in to correct it with engine adjustments.'Sliding control' is similar.but more intricate adding the IMU.There may be a seperate program in the ECU that allows more adjustments for a wheely control...but I doubt it.Would love to find out though.Someone here has a 2017.Hope that helped a bit.I could be totally wrong about the 2017 'wheely control' 'feature'.

Registered
Hey all.

I'm the kinda guy who like to investigate everything there is worth knowing about a new bike. (I just bought a brand new '17 H2 Carbon, picking it up in March)

I was reading about all the features, and stumbled upon this frase: - KTRC (including traction, wheelie & sliding control)

If yes.
How do you set it up?
If it is a proper wheelie control, does anyone know the actual numbers for the wheelie degrees in the different settings ?

Well you have touched on the bane of my existence. The wheelie control will try to suppress wheelies and keep them at about 4 inches if the traction control it turned on, even at level 1. It supposedly will only let it wheelie about 18 inches with it off. I can't get mine to wheelie consistently, mostly because I live at altitude. After flashing and a Sprint air filter, it has gotten better but I have not really had the opportunity to test the limits. I too have looked and can't find a thing on it, I got that information from Kawasaki, but the source wasn't really sure.

Registered
" The wheelie control will try to suppress wheelies and keep them at about 4 inches if the traction control it turned on, even at level 1".So there actually is a program that limits the wheelies.Okay.Didn't know that.Should be a setting then somewhere on the display showing it's on or something,right?

Registered
The 2015 H2 certainly did not have a wheelie control. The later bikes with an IMU do.

If you have the later model the information ought to be in your owner's manual. I can't help as mine's a 2015.

Registered
" The wheelie control will try to suppress wheelies and keep them at about 4 inches if the traction control it turned on, even at level 1".So there actually is a program that limits the wheelies.Okay.Didn't know that.Should be a setting then somewhere on the display showing it's on or something,right?
The 2017 and 2018 have an IMU that can measure the angle of the bike in 360 degrees. It can detect the attitude of the bike, so if there is a sudden change in that attitude and if senses the front end has gone higher suddenly it can limit the power. Hence wheelie control. It also knows when the bike is heeled over and can make traction and braking decisions. Hence KIBS and corner braking control with a quote from Kawasaki "
"With feedback from the IMU, KIBS is able to incorporate a new function: corner braking control. Should riders use the brakes beyond the entrance to a turn (i.e. trail braking) or mid-corner (e.g. to avoid an obstacle), brake force is modulated to counter the tendency of the bike to stand up under braking. This assists riders in tracing their intended line through the corner instead of running wide"

The 4" I stated is from what I have experienced, the 18" is what Kawasaki told me. The only thing the display will show you is your current lean angle or your max lean angle.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be really interested in knowing if there was some numbers from Kawasaki about the wheelie control, since it got the new IMU.

I've been scouting the manual and couldn't find anything about it.

Registered
Hey all.

If yes.
How do you set it up?

Brand new 17 in March, you mean 19 ?
Congratulations on the purchase, my last one was a 16 with no IMU so I鈥檓 as curious as you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey all.

If yes.
How do you set it up?

Brand new 17 in March, you mean 19 ?
Congratulations on the purchase, my last one was a 16 with no IMU so I鈥檓 as curious as you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No I mean it's a 2017 H2 Carbon which have never been started.
Here in my country vehicles are really expensive.
So a H2 Carbon cost $92.000 brand new.
So I finally got the money for a 2017 model 馃檪

Registered
It's the same as on my 2015 ZX10R. I never tested if it holds the wheel at a certain height as im to chicken **** to test that theory. But I do know 100% for sure if you have it on 3, it will not wheelie. I went out to a empty stretch of road, pinned it....it did nothing but cut power. I then went 1st gear, ~100kms, which was about 11,000rpm and pulled clutched in, reved it, dumped the clutch and once again it did nothing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's the same as on my 2015 ZX10R. I never tested if it holds the wheel at a certain height as im to chicken **** to test that theory. But I do know 100% for sure if you have it on 3, it will not wheelie. I went out to a empty stretch of road, pinned it....it did nothing but cut power. I then went 1st gear, ~100kms, which was about 11,000rpm and pulled clutched in, reved it, dumped the clutch and once again it did nothing.
When you said you had it in number 3, was it's then the highest level of traction control?
Or did your zx10r have 9 settings, lime the H2 ? 馃檪

Registered
When you said you had it in number 3, was it's then the highest level of traction control?
3 was the highest level

Registered
The 2017 and 2018 are more like the zx10r with 9 settings. The 2015-2016 H2s have a 3 levels with different levels in each of the 3 if I am not mistaken.

Registered
If my 2015 bike had this later IMU I would still turn everything off for LSR, just as I do with the TC, because it interferes too much and slows the bike down. For road-riding it's probably a good thing to have, particularly if it keeps thing in line when cornering.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If my 2015 bike had this later IMU I would still turn everything off for LSR, just as I do with the TC, because it interferes too much and slows the bike down. For road-riding it's probably a good thing to have, particularly if it keeps thing in line when cornering.
I'm only gonna use it for road riding 馃檪
But thanks for the input !

Registered
i am 2017 with imu. i have tested the kibs as i was curious and wanted to see if it worked i have 2016 r1 which i think has a better system but it is best turned off as it can be very invasive! the h2 has 9 ktrc settings i am 270bhp and in 2 the bike is more fun and loose and just cant keep up with things. leaving corners can be fun and bike wheelies fine almost every gear. setting 3 seems to be sweet spot saves tyre a bit but again bike will always wheelie i tend to keep both wheels down as i like to use brakes and love my license it is instant jail here if seen or reported and not worth delibrate wheelying almost everywhere. but from standing start and/or low gear and cane it bike wheelies with no effort up through entire box at varying heights i would agree it doesnt seem too high but if i want to wheely i can turn settings off or hoist bike in setting 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts