Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue like this?
When I’m cruising around, and decide to give her some love, I get no throttle, a CEL, and KLCM is off flashing. I turn the bike off, wait a few seconds, and everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Push the upper or lower button to get to the odometer, push and hold the upper and lower button, the service code should be displayed on the LCD.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I’m cruising around, and decide to give her some love, I get no throttle, a CEL, and KLCM is off flashing. I turn the bike off, wait a few seconds, and everything is back to normal.
You didn't happen to recently change your front tire did you? I had a similar issue in the past where I got the tire changed and the shop put the wheel on backwards causing the bike to not read the front wheel speed. Sent all the lights on the dash in a frenzy after a good pull.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't happen to recently change your front tire did you? I had a similar issue in the past where I got the tire changed and the shop put the wheel on backwards causing the bike to not read the front wheel speed. Sent all the lights on the dash in a frenzy after a good pull.
Thank you for the reply!
No I have not changed the front tire, I have checked every inch of the sensor cable, also I have no codes!
It blinks the CEL, and KLMC off, but when I cycle the ignition the code is gone.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Borrow a code reader and trap it in real time off the CAN BUS. I have a Bluetooth unit permanently attached to mine and can read it off my phone. The 2019 model implements this as standard but the earlier models have 2 plugs accessible for this, one back of the seat and the other under the LH fairing panel.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Borrow a code reader and trap it in real time off the CAN BUS. I have a Bluetooth unit permanently attached to mine and can read it off my phone. The 2019 model implements this as standard but the earlier models have 2 plugs accessible for this, one back of the seat and the other under the LH fairing panel.
Do you know what style connector, I have several different code readers, OBDI, and OBDII

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I used Woolich, no code showed up![/QUOTE]
I have Woolich V3 logbox, it is not showing any codes, the CEL is not lit after I cycle the ignition.

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I used Woolich, no code showed up!
I have Woolich V3 logbox, it is not showing any codes, the CEL is not lit after I cycle the ignition.

Codes show only when the CEL is on. If you cycle the key and the code disappear, I believe you have an intermittent issue, that resets every time. If it happens again, try to do a self-check before turning the key off. The code should be there.

·
Registered
874 Posts
don't mean to distract from the op but just have to saY UNBELIEVABLE!
this is why I do all of my own wheel/chain/sprocket installs.

To the OP - I've never had your problem come up on my bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
don't mean to distract from the op but just have to saY UNBELIEVABLE!
this is why I do all of my own wheel/chain/sprocket installs.

To the OP - I've never had your problem come up on my bike.
I know this response is months late but been deployed and came back to a virus pandemic. After I noticed that wheel backwards I basically went back over everything that shop did and also found the water/meth spray nozzle installed backwards. So instead of a misting in the intake it was just puddling. My trust issues with shops is at a all time high now and I have since been doing all of my own work unless I dont have the tools to do so.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Trust issues with workshops have gotten worse in the past years as they have become plug and play rather than working out the exact problem. Don't let them touch my H2 now. It would have to be a major and costly warranty problem before I would let them touch it.

The last mechanic to work on mine had the oil filter so tight I almost destroyed it getting it off, this guy asked me to take a photo of him working on my H2 so he can post it to his Harley group.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The last mechanic to work on mine had the oil filter so tight I almost destroyed it getting it off, this guy asked me to take a photo of him working on my H2 so he can post it to his Harley group.
:eek:

Now that's a worry!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts