Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all...hope your day is goin GREAT!I've got a question here.The shift sensor has two threaded rods coming out.We all know that.I'm trying to find out which one(or both)can possibly adjust the kill time.I've no idea what it's at right now.I checked a website for 10 owners,they say the factory one is set at like 65ms.Can't find anything talking about any manual adjustments for it.IS THERE?I ask because I did move the rear screw.Several threads.Can't remember how many.Thinking I could get my trans to shift (QS)a bit slicker.So IDK if I did anything or not,or if I could get mine to shift a bit 'quicker' when I toe it.Thanks all again...

If I did something wrong,I want to get it back like factory.It shifts nicely most of the time.But it can be notchy sometimes.Not sure what's going on there.Probably me not paying attention to my shift enough.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I referenced the manual.Checked the Vehicle speeds to shift at.I think we all know...those are not really realistic.Plus they're the same as my zx14r speeds.As per the manuals.I did try upshifting into second at the 9mph recommendation.Sorry...it kinda jerked into 2nd.And so on until I got to moving at like 50mph or so,then the shifts smoothed out and were teensy compared.But yet,at hard throttle and higher speeds,like hard accelerating,it clicks right in as well.Any advice is welcome.I know it's working okay.There's nothing wrong with the trans or anything.Other times,I swear I'm shifting in the same rpms and same speeds,and it'll be perfect.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I also have another question.Does setting the shift lamp have electronically any influence on the QS?The manual doesn't say.But shifting even at the lowest lamp setting(9K)is totally contradictory to the values setup in the shifting speeds info.So I'm wondering,are those shift speeds actually optimal?If not,why would they put those in there?No way are you doing 9mph at 9k in 1st.So what gives?I may just be missing the purpose of some of this...feel free to flame on!LOL.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
First of all the threaded rods are for shifter height adjustment not the time. It is a strain gauge that only tells the computer that something is happening.
The amount of time is controlled by the ECU or whatever is controlling the throttle. 65ms is probably perfect.

The jerkiness is not a function of how long it takes to shift. That time is to just to get it to shift, if it shifts it is working fine. It is the timing of the shift, the rpm, the speed of the bike and the amount of throttle that causes the jerkiness.

My 2018 is very jerky and low RPM and throttle but higher up is smooth as glass.
The 18 has an autoblipper that works really well.

The shift lamp in no way effects the QS it's only function is ti inform you it is time to shift.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Flashing shift lights are telling you in your peripheral vision to shift up as your probably sh#ting your self and scared to take you eyes off the road. Best set to where you want for the type of riding, like 1/4 mile setting would be different than track type riding. I turned mine off as I got to know the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts