Ninja H2 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on removing my kickstand for track days but need to make sure the kill switch doesn’t interfere. My understainding is that the circuit needs to remain closed to keep the engine running. Can this be done with what’s left or do I need to manually short it?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I plan on removing my kickstand for track days
You really don't need to, you'll never reach a lean angle where your kickstand makes contact.

Bridge the connector after you remove the stand and wiring
But if you are going to remove it Oz is correct, just cut the 2 wires and connect them and you're good to go.
This is what I did on my zx10r racebike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if its for security reasons in a single track day, just use a plastic zip band... or two.

that will prevén the kickstand to be a dangerous ítem during a crash.

if you really need to remove it for weigth saving, remove the sensor and just cut the wires and bond them, that will tell the ECU the kicksand is always up.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ground clearance is a concern for me. In order to clear my Sato rearsets, a thicker rubber stop for the kickstand had to be installed. Also, the H2R uses a larger aluminum stand than the H2. I'll short the connector.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have had many track bikes, I always keep the sidestand on, the hassle without one just aint worth it

As said, cable tie it in place when on the circuit

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
if I see a picture of the front of a H2, I can not see the kickstand at all... are you sure ground clearance is compromised?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mine sticks out further because of accommodating the rearsets. I don’t have a front angle to show you but it’s enough for me to just remove it. I have a front tire chalk to keep her upright in the paddocks anyway, so I’m not worried about it.

if I see a picture of the front of a H2, I can not see the kickstand at all... are you sure ground clearance is compromised?

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Mine sticks out further because of accommodating the rearsets. I don’t have a front angle to show you but it’s enough for me to just remove it. I have a front tire chalk to keep her upright in the paddocks anyway, so I’m not worried about it.
just curious, why did you replace the rearsets? I guess it comes down to personal preference but I have had no issues with the stock rearsets when I ride the track, nor have I ever had a ground-clearance problem, but I get that your stand is sticking out further.
I see you are in LA..are you planning to ride Willow Springs? that's my home track, I'm hittin Willow on June 8th

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I much prefer a GP pattern shifter and have gotten quite used to it. Even my last street bike had it. Tes, I’m based in L.A. and plan to hit WSR and Autoclub as my main tracks. Unfortunately, the nearest date I can make won’t be until at least September. :’(

just curious, why did you replace the rearsets? I guess it comes down to personal preference but I have had no issues with the stock rearsets when I ride the track, nor have I ever had a ground-clearance problem, but I get that your stand is sticking out further.
I see you are in LA..are you planning to ride Willow Springs? that's my home track, I'm hittin Willow on June 8th

·
Registered
891 Posts
and plan to hit WSR and Autoclub as my main tracks. Unfortunately, the nearest date I can make won’t be until at least September. :’(
Let me know when you hit Willow, I'll probably be there.
As for ACS I think you'll find the H2 a lot of work out there, it's a very demanding track for that bike.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I plan to break my bike in on ACS. 20 turns, stop-and-go, will be sure to have me running through the RPM range many times over. Yes, literbikes are a bear on the infield but I enjoy the workout — and the paddocks are top-notch. :D

Let me know when you hit Willow, I'll probably be there.
As for ACS I think you'll find the H2 a lot of work out there, it's a very demanding track for that bike.

·
Registered
891 Posts
literbikes are a bear on the infield but I enjoy the workout — and the paddocks are top-notch. :D
well you'll enjoy the banked front straight that's for sure
just don't blow turn 1 ;)

Reactions: H2RLA

·
Registered
891 Posts
They might be cool with me “accidentally” keeping the throttle pinned past the chicane once or twice. ;)
Kind of funny... I on my zx10 trying to catch a pack in front of me and the guy I was right behind bypassed the turn 1 drop-in and kept going down the Nascar banking.. I thought ok he blew T1. Then on the next lap he did the same thing.. and then again... obviously his way of either keeping up with guys in front of him or trying to create a fluff # on his transponder laptimes. :confused:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kind of funny... I on my zx10 trying to catch a pack in front of me and the guy I was right behind bypassed the turn 1 drop-in and kept going down the Nascar banking.. I thought ok he blew T1. Then on the next lap he did the same thing.. and then again... obviously his way of either keeping up with guys in front of him or trying to create a fluff # on his transponder laptimes. :confused:
I've seen riders black flagged for repeatedly doing that. Maybe they've relaxed that rule in recent years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts