Ninja H2 banner

Kawasaki Teases Supercharged Z Model

9K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Supercharged 
#1 · (Edited)

Kawasaki Europe dropped a video teasing a new Z model – and it’s supercharged!

The brief 11-second video doesn’t offer much detail, starting with a close-up of a CGI impeller that quickly begins spinning as a green “Z” logo appears. The intention is clear, however: Kawasaki is adding a naked bike to its supercharged motorcycle lineup, joining the H2, H2R and H2 SX...

Read more about Kawasaki Teases Supercharged Z Model at Motorcycle.com.

See less See more
1 1
#7 ·
The BOV flutter in the above video is now my ringtone.

I've owned plenty of Zeds over the years, my wife saw my eyes light-up at the Kawasaki teaser, a glint she hasn't seen in me since the H2R teaser videos 5 years ago
I bought a H2R and then the H2 a year later and then traded in a Z1000 on a Z900RS

...she did suggest I need to sell something before dropping the cash down on a factory street-fighter, blown Z1000 with cruise and traction control (if the TFT dash is real in the video).

But which one do I wave bye-bye to!?!?!? I love 'em all.

#11 ·
Funny but nah, wasn't planning on unloading the wife. She's put up with a lot of toys around the place and my impulse buys for a long time.

Motorbikes are such ridiculous things, I rarely get to use them, love it when I do and all it takes is another Kawasaki teaser to make me want another toy that I don't really need.

I keep thinking I'll grow-up or slow down one day but it never happens. I bought the Z900RS as my "speedlimit bike" to just enjoy the sunshine on a long country cruise but the red-mist fills the visor about half a mile from home and I'm ringing it's neck and scratching the stand at speeds that will get it confiscated or impounded if caught in this police state.

Let the good times roll.

#13 ·
Z H2 -- At least it has a name now!

Looks something like I expected when they showed the river mark in the earlier clips, hopefully it's the original H2R colour scheme of metal-flake green frame and mirror black paint but suspect it will be more like the later H2's.

Will be interesting to see how detuned it is. Kawasaki have a habit of dialing-back naked bikes to well under their engines heritage, I assume to protect us from ourselves.

Mr Kawasaki -- give us the works, we can decide how hard to twist the wrist.

#17 ·
Yeah, certainly another Kawasaki insect.

Semi-matt paint suits it.
Interesting old school streetfighter bars to get a more upright position on a sport bike geometry.
The clutch lever looks like someone dropped it.
Ignition coming out of the tank because the triple-tree is to far away.
Cleanest dash area ever with the TFT.
Metal flake red frame?!?!?

Teaser videos showed Kawasaki green frame, not sure I like it in Honda/Duke red but better than standard black.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.