Ninja H2 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is Kawasaki's policy on parts availability v timescale ?
For example will I be able to buy from a Kawasaki dealer a 2015 silver mirror petrol tank or fairings in five or ten years time ?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I would think so.Even if they were to discontinue this bike,they still have LOTS of owners that'll be needing parts for theirs.It could end up being produce the parts as per order.But I kinda doubt that.I recently ordered the inner side panels for the tail.No problem(2015).They've definitely got all this figured out.Sales amounts of bikes.NO ONE that I've heard of can imitate this 2015 paint color.Probably the others as well.As these bikes get ridden,scratched,wrecked what have you,they'll be needing parts.I bought a complete set of CF panels.My stock ones are safely in the next room.Spendy kinda,but cheaper than the stockers.

Right now...$1,189 for a side fairing stock paint.CF..(excellent quality)..$649 dollars.So not so bad.And that's a top end CF.So I kinda bought these parts as an 'option'.They look great,but I also love the stock parts.Just savin em.
I had to replace my left side fairing in 2015 due to a tipover rash deal.That part was $900 and something back then.So they've definitely gone up in time.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
To sell vehicles in most countries, the mfg must continue to make parts for 7 years after discontinuation. That is not true everywhere but the mfgs. usually stick to that rule.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts