Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle News took the Ninja H2R out to a long stretch of road for a speed test. It is now the fastest-accelerating bike that has ever been tested by MCN.

THe 0-180 MPH time comes in at 13.14 seconds over 2.070 feet. To get up to 200 MPH takes another 10,000 feet of road and a total time of 16.65.

Check out the video, but don't blink, or you may miss the H2R fly past.

Video: Kawasaki H2R 'Flat Out' | MCN

·
Registered
248 Posts
Warning/spoiler alert!

Don't have your speakers turned up to loud... Especially if you have a dog who's sleeping near by. Funny as Faque but feel bad now cuz she's startled and will not go back to sleep.

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's just ridiculously awesome. Since Honda seemingly wants to step in the ring with the H2, I wonder if they can top this.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Not sure what that graphic is describing.I'll time my H2 next outing...o-190.(that's all she'll do with this gearing)

Whatever that graphic is...it aint no stock machine.NO factory machines come outta the crate doing 200.Not that I've heard of.(except the H2R)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nah..sa'll good...somehow I missed that title...IDK HOW...but I got mixed up thinking he was comparing the H2 and another bike...SORRY.Sheesh...I better get my brain checked.That last wreck 'bout scrambled my noggin...literally.Two years now and I'm STILL healing(apparently).Looking at it now...IDK know WHAT I saw.Thanks for the correction...honestly.I can't even believe I did that....Geez.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not sure if I mentioned this elsewhere but MCN really screwed up on this test.

They didn't know that the Bridgestone slick on the H2R is NOT for straightlining and they destroyed it, fortunately stopping before an accident.

Also they didn't seem to know that the bike is only geared for 204/205 and seemed surprised at this "low" top speed and the indicated +7.5% speedo reading.

Better preparation, with a suitable tyre and some sprockets and it could have been a really good test. I guess they were in a rush to go into print.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Did you hear the tune-up? The dyno chart looks the same as the engine sounds; the power drops like mad in the over-rev, most likely due to an excessively rich condition combined with the removal of ignition timing. That 'miss' is not a constant 'mechanical' limit (peak or speed limit etc.), it's the factory going to extremes to prevent engine damage. The bike still runs ok.

FYI: The H2R actually pulls out more timing than the H2 up top... and check out what happens when you rev the H2 higher:

The mapping drops to 10.7-1 AFR at 13.6K and drops 30+ HP in the over-rev. Until we correct it with a PCV, that is...

Great vid, always nice to learn from different sources.

Brock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts