Ninja H2 banner

Kawasaki Ninja H2 Reviews

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Supercharged 
#1 ·
Use this thread to post all Ninja H2 reviews you find in this thread :)

#3 ·
Well we have about 20 more days before we get another bone thrown at us from Kawasaki. The Intermot show will be debuting a few biek this year.

I am hoping that Kawasaki will be taking a number of these on tour and having enthusiast go for a test ride. Get some feedback and go back and adjust things at the factory.

#4 ·
Some of the Southern California H2/H2R owners were contacted by Kawasaki marketing to meet with them for a hour or so bull session about their new acquisition. It turned out to be some session. I'm well acquainted with the EIC of Motorcyclist Magazine (Marc Cook) so when he found out about the visit, he asked me to write up a column/article of the event.
Thought I would share an advanced copy of the Megaphone (last page) article I wrote that will appear in the February/March issue of Motorcyclist Magazine.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

(Did anybody outside of California get these kind of factory visits?)

Attachments

#9 ·
As I've posted before I visited the UK Kawasaki HQ with three other H2 owners to discuss the bike and I recognise most of the Japanese gentlemen in the picture , the one on the right with the glasses is the engine designer and the chief stylist is also in the picture ( he was a snappy dresser with shoes so pointy I'm sure he was inspired by them when styling the H2 tail fairing ) .
Not a one on one discussions like yourself but a super interesting evening and both men were kind enough to sign my chassis number ninja book at the end of the night .

#5 · (Edited)
Kawasaki really only needs to do three things in my opinion;

One; offer an advanced rider course/track day to show owners that are interested how to ride the damned thing. Kinda like SRT does if you buy one of their cars. The bike is too much for most riders (even the good ones) and if a professional showed owners - on a factory bike, not their own they're afraid of crashing - how to use things like the launch control, there wouldn't be so many S1KRR kill videos. Even Gadson said that he had to learn a new way of doing things to use the power the bike was making. Have him show people.

Two; offer a factory upgrade kit/race parts; tuned ECU, sprockets, race exhausts etc so when the day comes for an upgrade I can buy parts from someone who wasn't just winging it. They've already done the R&D, now just sell us the pieces the government wouldn't allow. I'm okay if using them voids the warranty, I was going to anyway.

Three; fire the entire PR department that was responsible for the absolute mess they created last year and hire somebody that understands the legal definition of 'deceptive marketing'. The engineers hit a home run and the PR department turned around and undid a lot of that goodwill with outright stupidity.

The H2 should not have to suffer the same fate as the ZX12R because of the same crap PR mistakes.

#7 ·
Three; fire the entire PR department that was responsible for the absolute mess they created last year and hire somebody that understands the legal definition of 'deceptive marketing'. The engineers hit a home run and the PR department turned around and undid a lot of that goodwill with outright stupidity. The H2 should not have to suffer the same fate as the ZX12R because of the same crap PR mistakes.[/QUOTE said:
Cliff, what is it about the marketing of this bike that you don't like? Personally, looking back I loved the teaser videos leading up to the unveiling, it was pretty exciting, and the bike lives up to every inch of the hype. I don't feel robbed at all by the fact that there is a 2016 model because I know I have one of a very few 2015 originals. The 2016 model appearance doesn't do it for me anyway.

#8 ·
I currently own a poorly 2015. I could easily re recoup a fair amount of its value put some more cash in and start over. THE ART OF THE MOTORCYCLE,,,,is crucial to me. The 2015 has IT, Gee it has IT, my love for GIT is stronger than ever. The state of the 2016 bike has made the decision to rework my bike easy.

The PR was strange. Worked for me though. Kawasaki show us what their bikes are capable of, then PR takes over and they discounted , perfect for some. The zx12r was (and still is ) easy to open. The H2 has proved to be the same.

The audio of the H2R running through the gears at the NEC in November 2014 when I decided I had to get one will be playing at the end of my funeral when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.