Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I just finished talking to kawasaki USA about the H2. They emailed me the Owner's Manual, So I can share this with all of you forums members, for the simple fact, that sometimes you may read nonsense on Facebook or other sources about the H2 service manual. So this came directly from Kawasaki USA.
It's a PDF file, download it here. 99987-1831-ZX1000NF-US-EN 2

·
Registered
787 Posts
Before you ride the motorcycle, make sure it is not overloaded and that you have followed these instructions.Maximum Load Weight of rider, baggage, and accessories must not exceed 105 kg (231 lb)

According to the operators manual I have to ride NAKED......I weigh exactly 105 kg.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Before you ride the motorcycle, make sure it is not overloaded and that you have followed these instructions.Maximum Load Weight of rider, baggage, and accessories must not exceed 105 kg (231 lb)

According to the operators manual I have to ride NAKED......I weigh exactly 105 kg.
I did a swift stone/lb to kg weight conversion when I saw that - I'm OK !

:):):):):)

·
Registered
554 Posts

Well you have one option...weight reduction...Now which is easier, strip the bike of any extra, or strip yourself of any extra >:D>:D>:D

Dump the pipe, crisis averted... If ever you needed an excuse to spend more money on go fast goodies...this is it... Just tell the madame its standard operating procedure, ITS IN THE MANUAL, safety first, this Japanese guy SAID SO!!!!!... But will she believe you...not all men appreciate finely crafted instruction manuals...:D:D>:D>:D

Reactions: ben1000z and OKH2

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks again OneArmBandit for the H2 Owner's Manual.

Glad to find that it is an "unlocked" pdf whereby sections can be "highlighted" etc. for quick reference using Adobe Acrobat Pro or alternate. :nerd:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought this was amusing, The recommended speed for each gear:

Shifting up km/h (mph)
1st → 2nd 15 (9)
2nd → 3rd 25 (15)
3rd → 4th 35 (21)
4th → 5th 45 (27)
5th → 6th 55 (34)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yep...all the same.I'm curious(always have been) WHY they would have such low sounding numbers on these engines.I mean...this is only the shift values.Surely they don't expect anyone to ride the bike broke-in or not at these numbers throughout it's life.Mechanically speaking....these are not realistic values,you think?Or is this some 'special' break-in procedure designed for the transmission parts or something?We know the new parts need time to wear together...you think that's what this is?

·
Registered
74 Posts
so as far as the numbers are concerned i have been told before as long as you are not passing 4k RPM during breaking in you are fine. Can anyone verify this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Check out Page 107 of the H2 Owner's Manual regarding engine Break-In... same directions for the ZX-14, ZX-14R, ZX-10R...

so what you are telling me kind sir is that i am not allowed to fully have fun until 1000 mi dam im gonna be riding a ton when that bad boi arrives but still 500-1000 mi at 8k tops is gonna be fun because i can only imagine how fast i will be rolling getting close to the 8k rpms i have never owned a liter bike anyone tell me how fast that is?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep...all the same.I'm curious(always have been) WHY they would have such low sounding numbers on these engines.I mean...this is only the shift values.Surely they don't expect anyone to ride the bike broke-in or not at these numbers throughout it's life.Mechanically speaking....these are not realistic values,you think?Or is this some 'special' break-in procedure designed for the transmission parts or something?We know the new parts need time to wear together...you think that's what this is?
These are general shift recommendations on Page 115 of the H2 Owner's Manual without any specific mileage limitations.

I think Kawasaki primarily is just covering itself "legally" speaking so that if an accident happens, it won't be found liable for recommending in print more aggressive riding practices.

However, note that the initialization setting for the Shift-Up Indicator is 9 000 r/min (Page 75). ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought this was amusing, The recommended speed for each gear:

Shifting up km/h (mph)
1st → 2nd 15 (9)
2nd → 3rd 25 (15)
3rd → 4th 35 (21)
4th → 5th 45 (27)
5th → 6th 55 (34)
I believe, from a smog testing standpoint, the manufacturers must provide standard riding instructions to be followed by the testing agencies while they run the bike to validate meeting smog requirements.

Inside the ECU there are all sorts algorithms to select maps/settings for smog or noise in order to pass the tests. Once they are out of those narrow ranges, they exit those specific maps/setting and use the performance maps/settings. Crazy complex stuff going on in these ECUs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks OneArmBandit for sharing mate!!!

As for the run-in.I've never been a fan of the ride it like you stole it,
First thing I always do is seat the rings.For the first 600 miles/1000 km's just make sure you vary your rev's/speed.Don't sit at the same speed in the same gear all the time or you'll create a wear pattern that will become a whine at that speed/gear.
Personally I won't be hitting the limiter before the 1st oil change,but until the ECU get's a flash there's really no point in going over 10k rpm. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks OneArmBandit for sharing mate!!!

As for the run-in.I've never been a fan of the ride it like you stole it,
First thing I always do is seat the rings.For the first 600 miles/1000 km's just make sure you vary your rev's/speed.Don't sit at the same speed in the same gear all the time or you'll create a wear pattern that will become a whine at that speed/gear.
Personally I won't be hitting the limiter before the 1st oil change,but until the ECU get's a flash there's really no point in going over 10k rpm. Just my opinion.
First foremost My H2 will go from the dealer strait to Gull let him rip an Ass out of that ECU than go back for Tuning with Different exhaust on it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts