Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of a friend with inside connections to KHI has let me in on a secret or two regarding the Ninja H2. With great risk I do want to share this information with you but do keep in mind that I cannot reveal everything to you without threatening to expose my friend of a friend.

Without further ado lets start where everyone wants to, what engine will Kawasaki pack between your legs?

How do you like the sounds of a centrifugal supercharged 1,000cc Inline 4 making north of 222 bhp (225 PS, 165Kw)? Because according to Kawasaki that’s just what you’re going to get. The engine is said to be its own ground up design and not based on either the 1,043cc from the Ninja 1000, nor the 998cc ZX-10R.

To put that in perspective, the MV Augusta F4R 312 (the current top speed record holder for production bikes) is making a MERE 190 hp, the ZX-14R brings a lowly 210 bhp to the table, while the Hyabusa holds fast at 195 bhp. What will be interesting is if Kawasaki is willing to shatter the Japanese gentleman’s agreement limiting top speed to an even 300 km/h?

We still suspect Kawasaki might be sharing some components from one of their other two current liter class engines, the 1,043cc ZR1000 series (Ninja 1000 / Z1000) or 998cc ZX1000 series (ZX-10R). Whatever the engine’s true origins, we’ve been 100% assured that this thing will be absolutely the quickest and most powerful Kawasaki motorcycle of all time, by far.

Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Awesome information, great first post.
I'm surprised they went with a 1043cc engine, always though they would go lower. But i'm not complaining. Liter + Supercharger = epic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting, so not based on a current production engine then? Odd for Kawasaki to produce three engines in the 1,000cc range, unless the new engine is set to replace either the 1,043cc in the Ninja 1000 or the 998cc in the ZX-10R????

·
Registered
554 Posts
200 plus bhp is downright insane. I mean the problem with the ZX-14 is that yes you have gobs of power but its basically a straight line missle. If the H2 can actually deliver harnassable and rideable power its may even be a fierce rival with the S1000RR HP4...

·
Registered
5 Posts
What's the market? I can see a lightweight 750 putting out 200RWHP and meant for road racing being useful and fitting into current racing rules with small consideration. It would be a great sportbike as well with the right electronics package.

But do we really need another street only balls out hyperbike? I guess I only see a small market in drag racing and those who have to have the fastest production bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
But do we really need another street only balls out hyperbike? I guess I only see a small market in drag racing and those who have to have the fastest production bike.
I only see a small number of these going in to production. Even for all the draggers will they actually buy one or will they just sepnd the extra money to build what they already have.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nearly makes it sounds like a homologation special...

·
Registered
1 Posts
zzr14

200 plus bhp is downright insane. I mean the problem with the ZX-14 is that yes you have gobs of power but its basically a straight line missle. If the H2 can actually deliver harnassable and rideable power its may even be a fierce rival with the S1000RR HP4...
haha zed14 kills anything confirmed and now the h2 owwww suits u sir lol bmw boys dry ya eyes

·
Registered
21 Posts
ZX14R is not for just straight line, a 55 rear profile tire, and a suspension set up and a good set if tires makes a big difference, and a good rider of course, sure it's not as flickable as a 600 or 1000, but with the mods I
just said, it does quite well ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not Quite Accurate

Cannot post details because of NDA, but this talk of a 1000cc inline 4 supercharger is not quite accurate.

In fact, a triple-cylinder 300cc supercharged engine is closer to what is in development than a 1000cc or larger powerplant.

This forum was created to gauge interest, potential future cash flows, and usability of viral marketing.

It is working.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cannot post details because of NDA, but this talk of a 1000cc inline 4 supercharger is not quite accurate.

In fact, a triple-cylinder 300cc supercharged engine is closer to what is in development than a 1000cc or larger powerplant.

This forum was created to gauge interest, potential future cash flows, and usability of viral marketing.

It is working.
Sorry, I can't believe the Ninja H2 which is hyped as being "Built Beyond Belief" is some 300-500cc supercharged scooter. To me, that's what 300cc is, a scooter. lol. No Way.

Especially with RG coming out saying it will be the fastest bike, and the highest horsepower we'll see in our lifetime; and then calling it the Bugatti of the motorcycle world. And saying it will revolutionize the motorcycle industry.

Some glorified scooter is not that bike. No way. No how. What I could believe, is that Kawasaki is making several projects with supercharged hardware, and will have a Honda Grom type bike; and or maybe a lower end cc sportbike with a supercharger to go with the KING OF THE HILL - H2. Sure.

Hopefully your wrong. Maybe its just the lower end project your privy to. I guess we'll know in a few days.

And definately seeing the latest video #9 with aero aids, and carbon fiber bodywork; this thing is made for speed. HIGH speed. supercharged 300-500cc wont cut it. Try again?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry, I can't believe the Ninja H2 which is hyped as being "Built Beyond Belief" is some 300-500cc supercharged scooter. To me, that's what 300cc is, a scooter. lol. No Way.

Especially with RG coming out saying it will be the fastest bike, and the highest horsepower we'll see in our lifetime; and then calling it the Bugatti of the motorcycle world. And saying it will revolutionize the motorcycle industry.

Some glorified scooter is not that bike. No way. No how. What I could believe, is that Kawasaki is making several projects with supercharged hardware, and will have a Honda Grom type bike; and or maybe a lower end cc sportbike with a supercharger to go with the KING OF THE HILL - H2. Sure.

Hopefully your wrong. Maybe its just the lower end project your privy to. I guess we'll know in a few days.

And definately seeing the latest video #9 with aero aids, and carbon fiber bodywork; this thing is made for speed. HIGH speed. supercharged 300-500cc wont cut it. Try again?
Rod I think he's trolling, this site seems to of irked some of the motorcycle media...

It is working.
his second half is what gives him away...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts