Ninja H2 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just today Cycle World published Turn and Burn: SUPERBIKES VS. SUPERCARS PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT Quizzically it would not include the Kawasakis...well sort of.

First, what is Turn and Burn? Its a Cycle World feature that first apperared in 2008, the BURN part gathers the fastest of the fastest at NAS Lemoore and let them loose on the 3-mile runways searching for the fastest bike to 180 mph and which one will continue the most past that. The TURN portion will take place at Buttonwillow Raceway and will appear in part two.

Now, what of the Kawasakis? Cycle World basically crafted the second running of Turn and Burn around the Kawasaki H2R, unfortunately when the Kawasaki truck rolled up they wheeled a stock H2 out instead. The official statement from Kawasaki: “Kawasaki [USA] is currently in possession of a single H2R, therefore loans for media events are limited. The H2R is currently scheduled for high-speed testing by Kawasaki R&D. Once this testing has been completed this model will become available for additional testing by media outlets.”

Even worse, although Kawasaki dropped off an H2 for the BURN portion of the test, they will be taking it back home before CW gets to TURN. Kawasaki saying the H2 isn't intended as a supersport competitor and recommends CW to use a ZX-10R instead, which understandably, they are not interested in.

While the H2's substitution was disappointing its not as if the bike disappointed: "The choice was easy for us, and at the end of the day, the H2 was quickest bike to 60 and 100 mph. And it hit 180 mph in only 16.04 seconds, 1.2 seconds more quickly than the winning ZX-10R in our first visit to Lemoore. Impressive. One can only imagine what the track-only H2R, with 100 more horsepower, would have managed on this glorious runway."

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Honestly..Cycleworld hasn't been very kind to ANY Kawasaki products.Not that I've seen anyway.When the new H2/H2R came out...they showed one little pic stashed deeply inside the mag.Virtually nothing.BOO Cycleworld.

·
Registered
587 Posts
LOL...shows ya what I know!Maybe it was the 2014(late)unveiling.
I generally don't read cycle world. You can't blame them though as they're a "broad" cycle mag. Not sport rider. Even motorcyclist is broad and has all bikes in it.just mo
they just can't have a dozen pages devoted to h2/R

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can understand their disappointment when the H2R didn't show up (even if they said they weren't).

The Kawasaki Ninja H2R was the very reason we asked the United States Navy to shut down its beautiful, expansive 3-mile runway at NAS Lemoore and arranged for all these other hyper-performance vehicles to rip their way into the laws of physics.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I suppose since it has limited production it is harder to just have extra ones on hand. It's possible that they have a few other ones out places, but there really can't be that many extra ones lying around.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know they had a second ordering period for the Ninja H2 but not the H2 R. Not sure if anything is happening after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts