Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Kawasaki H2R will take to the Isle of Man TT course later this year for the very first time, with Kawasaki legend Chris Walker scheduled to ride a parade lap on the supercharged machine during the 2015 TT.

The lap, which will feature past racers who famously wore RST leathers, this year’s Superbike TT title sponsor. Led by RST founder Johnny Towers, a former TT racer himself, the lap will also include Steve Plater, Ian Simpson and Jamie Whitham among others.

“It’s a big thing for RST, and a big thing for me to be asked to join in their legends parade lap. I’m a huge fan of the TT, and I have a huge amount of respect for the guys who race that discipline; I try to get over to spectate every couple of years or so, and was over last year for the Senior. That makes being asked to take part in the lap even more special.

“As for the bike; it’s going to be just what I need for my first lap of the TT on closed roads – what could possibly go wrong with 329 brake horsepower?! It’ll be very nice to unleash the 130db of noise though, even though it might fade into nothing compared to bikes like the Honda Six that have raced there in the past!

“I haven’t thought about speeds, because I’m planning on taking it really easy , but with all that power I probably won’t be taking my hands off the bars too much!”

[Source: MCN]

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Only negative with this is..IF a guy wrecks pushing his...it's not gonna be an easy parts ship deal like a conventional sportbike.That may influence how it's ridden and all.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Only negative with this is..IF a guy wrecks pushing his...it's not gonna be an easy parts ship deal like a conventional sportbike.That may influence how it's ridden and all.
Good point, and that sucks as we may not get to see it really being pushed to it's potential, some holding back on it will have to be done.

·
Registered
554 Posts
LOL thats too bad though. As much as I love the TT I'm more chuffed to see it at Pikes Peak with its shrieks reverberating off the mountain face...

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think that's last thing on his mind. You wreck pushing race pace at pp the bike is least of worries.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think that's last thing on his mind. You wreck pushing race pace at pp the bike is least of worries.
At pikes yea, but I think Silvy was referring to the TT...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Actually,I was more referring to the Losail deal.But yeah,tight twisty stuff is gonna require some serious concentration going on in every turn approach and all.This bike develops power and torque REALLY quick.And the weight isn't gonna flick like a 900 or conventional 1000.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I would like to see it run at TT.Full out.IF parts weren't so darn hard to receive time wise...probably see LOTS of guys riding these to their limit(s).(mainly body panels I mean)

·
Registered
787 Posts
James currently holds fastest lap (in class ) ...On a race er6f !!!! I think even he looks a bit apprehensive in the photo.

·
Registered
577 Posts
James currently holds fastest lap (in class ) ...On a race er6f !!!! I think even he looks a bit apprehensive in the photo.
It's not his H2R - if I was in his shoes I'd be cr*pping myself a bit at the prospect of riding it, trying to put on a good show for the spectators and keeping the bike (and myself) in one piece :D:D:D

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm guessing its Petes. I would definitely be up for it if I had I.O.M experience. He should be able to drag it off the start line. I really hopes he goes for it, only those of us that have em know what a absolute tool this is. A proper WTF moment is required after all the good press. Ride it like u stole it James and all the best for the TT.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You think in the right hands it could top Ansteys 132 lap avg?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yesterday the rider Franck Petricola (french rider) died during the TT qualification, RIP Franck alias XIII
All riders have thinks for him, it's a close familly.And for me Hillier won't take much risk for him and for Kawasaki brand

1 - 20 of 20 Posts