Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kawasaki H2R Kenan Sofuoğlu Turkey TOP SPEED RECORD 400km/h - Was this bike modified?

https://youtu.be/vq8anfogOfc

Was the H2r in the above video modified?

If so, how?

My H2 has a 4.4% speedo error, so assuming the H2r has a similar margin of error.

See 2.30 on the video for the recorded speed on the display.

400 kmh indicated = 382.4 kmh true speed = 237.61234 mph which is bloody impressive!

The only H2 i am aware of that is close to that, is the heavily modified Bear Racing one.

I also noticed it said 159 kpa = 23.061 psi ... is that stock or does it have SC gears?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I am still calling B.S. on this.

There is a reason they didnt do GPS or timing markers. They were already deep in the computer to make it do the custom readouts at the end, there is no reason to believe they cant edit the wheel speed indicator.

Bob, or one of the LSR guys, how many HP does it take to get to 248mph ?

NOLA

·
Registered
258 Posts
Measure speed with, or without gps it doesn't matter for me!
This was not a official world record attempt,it was more a personal record of him !

Sofuoglu is a world champion he has no reason to Fake some vids!

He said in some interviews that he used a few light mods on his bike, whatever this means!
Gears/ecu flash ... who knows

his 400kmh attempt is just a awesome Video, enjoyed to see the R on such a huge bridge!
May his 400kmh was only 380kmh... it still a nice number!

This "who has the longest" battles are stupid
So I show my respect to everyone!

You can see on YouTube "2000-to 2500hp" production cars in street racings !
Are this Cars fake or bullshit too? Nobody is asking and laughting about this hp numbers!
a high end Bugatti Chiron or Königsegg is far away from this hp numbers , nobody is pointing on this 2500hp cars with the bullshit finger!

We see also "Natural" bodybuilders full of steroids in the gym...so were to start, CALLING something BULLSHIT?
Show respect!
400kmh on a speedo, or a engine with claimed 2000hp is a nice entertainment for us petrol heads.
Isn't it?

Thanks and much respect to Mr. Sofuoglu, his team and other crazy guys inside of their crazy vehicles !
I will enjoy your stuff

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@Sharf

Dude, you GOTTA start using Goggle translate. none of your comments ever make sense.

Usually I can get a general idea of your position. This one I cant even tell if you are for or against the video. Jeez.

NOLA

·
Registered
587 Posts
The H2R actually makes 23-24psi stock. My friends bone stock H2R was showing about 24psi on his read back. We believe this is because of the cams since the H2R uses the same charger, and charger gears.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My LSR busa took about 400hp to do just over 400kph on salt , bit hard to judge just how much hp is needed as slight aerodynamic differences are worth a lot of mph at that level and my throttle position varys with traction

I think he would need at least 360-380hp to get that speed at any distance and more to do it in a limited distance
Would need the overdrive gears , as the rear sprocket if not the front too was std 42T in the video

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I am still calling B.S. on this.

There is a reason they didnt do GPS or timing markers. They were already deep in the computer to make it do the custom readouts at the end, there is no reason to believe they cant edit the wheel speed indicator.

Bob, or one of the LSR guys, how many HP does it take to get to 248mph ?

NOLA
Most of the 250 mph bikes running in LSR that I know of, which are all turbo Hayabusas, are making 500 bhp and more.

We use very accurate, calibrated timing equipment and a carefully measured mile for our events. These are usually checked and verified by whichever authority is awarding the records.

A friend ran his unmodified H2R through our mile at Elvington in 2015. It was a sighting run but the bike was then excluded because of it's noise level. His trapped speed was 209 point something mph. I asked him what speed was in the H2R's dashboard log (the H2R records top speed) and it was 225mph. That's around a 7.5% over-read which makes Keenan's run across that bridge at 237 more like 219, a realistic speed for an H2R with a pro' rider on board.

With very high speeds, say over 200mph, there is a lot of slippage to take into account. The speedo error will be significantly higher than the error seen at a more sedate speed.

I said it before, I cannot understand how or why the people who organised Keenan's ride thought they had a record with no proper recording of distance and the speed taken from the bike's speedo. A complete waste of effort but I suppose the majority of people reading about it or watching the video wouldn't know that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
BobC

At the LSR in SE USA H2 speedo 209mph, GPS 200.8 mph, stock gearing and rear tire.

That is only 3.9% error.
Ok but slippage will vary between tracks due to surface type, condition and the weather etc. That 3.9% would likely increase with another 20mph and more bhp pushing the bike forward.

There are no absolutes in this sport, it will vary from day to day, different tracks, different bikes and different riders but the measurement of speed and distance has to be consistent or we can never make any valid comparisons or set records that are meaningful.

This is the reason why I haven't yet bothered about the latest fix to the speedo software, after a mile mine was still reading 189 at 205.7mph. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
regarding the video in the OP.. from the first time I saw this video back when it came out I felt it's one of the worst video productions I've seen considering the efforts they went through to do make this video, all the people involved and closing a bridge for the speed run, all that and the camera work sucks. And as mentioned above.. why no legit speed readings like a radar gun or GPS reading.. shoddy production to say the least.

Hey anyone notice that this H2R has the same fender well as the H2 with the indent where the fender would bolt underneath? GoPro is bolted in there

·
Registered
258 Posts
regarding the video in the OP.. from the first time I saw this video back when it came out I felt it's one of the worst video productions I've seen considering the efforts they went through to do make this video, all the people involved and closing a bridge for the speed run, all that and the camera work sucks. And as mentioned above.. why no legit speed readings like a radar gun or GPS reading.. shoddy production to say the least.

Hey anyone notice that this H2R has the same fender well as the H2 with the indent where the fender would bolt underneath? GoPro is bolted in there

The bridge was never open before, the 400run was part of the opening ceremony.

I agree, gps reading, more infos about mods, and better cam/film equipment would push a ride like this to a much better level!
The fenders of the H2 &R, are the same... photo below

Attachments

Reactions: racer172

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
interesting, the carbon fiber plate up under there.
is that your bike?

Yes it's, my bike...

It's a good place for a rear action cam

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
didn't realize you had an R. So are you pretty much the only one on the forum with an R?

Surprise surprise,

i think we've got more H2R and bad ass H2 guys here0:)

·
Registered
891 Posts
boost temps

i think we've got more H2R and bad ass H2 guys here0:)
bad ass H2.. I'll raise my hand here, LOL. JK
Q: what's the highest boost temps you have seen on your R?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My stock restricted 2016 H2 ran 184 mph at Mojave last October. If the factory limit is 186 wouldn't that be just 2 mph error at that speed? Barely more than 1%. I agree they should have used the proper timing equipment but is there really that much error considering my experience?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
The H2R actually makes 23-24psi stock. My friends bone stock H2R was showing about 24psi on his read back. We believe this is because of the cams since the H2R uses the same charger, and charger gears.
Just an FYI:

Ninja H2 completely stock = 18 PSI

Ninja H2 with Brock's Stage 2 kit (stock supercharger gears) Increased rev limiter (14K): 18.75 PSI

Digital -14.7-45psi Pressure Sensor measured in a controlled environment.

FYI: Have not measured boost with gears installed... have not used any to date.

Not sure why the R would have so much more boost?

Brock
Brocks Performance

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's a good place for a rear action cam
...maybe on a hard surface its a good place for a camera... :D

Was the H2r in the above video modified?
I have trouble swallowing the "high score" on that clip. I love it the clip but don't think it was really doing 400kmh.

I also noticed it said 159 kpa = 23.061 psi ... is that stock or does it have SC gears?
After the trip to the salt a couple of months ago my saved data was:

Factory set. Unmodified.

Max speed of the back wheel. Highest speed through the traps was 319kmh... with plenty of wheel spin, 67kmh of wheel spin if you trust the numbers.

This was max boost at the salt (=23psi). Interestingly on the dyno a month later I saw the following (=24psi):

...and can only assume that the factory ECU was happier with a cooler dyno environment and "dialed in" an extra PSI.
It's all still Kawasaki smoke and mirrors on the H2R.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts