Ninja H2 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Kawasaki H2 is now being sold in India! This follows the launch of the H2R that came to India in April. The two bikes have been launched as an increased interest in high-end bikes has grown in the country.

August 10th was the first day that the Ninja H2 was being sold in India, and just like in other countries, it is the fastest street-legal bike nation-wide.

The Kawasaki Ninja H2 is priced at 29.2 lakh in India. That is about 44,559 USD. It will be imported as a completely built unit from Japan, and then it will be sold in Kawasaki dealerships across 6 cities in India. Those cities are Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai.

Kawasaki India's line-up now consists of the: Z1000, Z800, ER-6n,Z250, the Versys1000, Ninja ZX14R, ZX-10R, Ninja 1000, Ninja 650, Ninja 300, and now, also the Ninja H2.

Now I'm curious when we will get our first forum member from India. And I am also curious how the Ninja H2 will fare when it is being ridden in traffic like this:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
"but I noticed the traction control light flickering away at times"...hmmm...anyone ever SEE this?.Wonder if he's talking about the shift lampLOL....some reviewer:rolleyes:

And I don't know of any of the latest and greatest sportbikes putting out 200HP.Stock.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
"but I noticed the traction control light flickering away at times"...hmmm...anyone ever SEE this?.Wonder if he's talking about the shift lampLOL....some reviewer:rolleyes:

And I don't know of any of the latest and greatest sportbikes putting out 200HP.Stock.
The KTRC, did see this a lot when mine was in 3 first few days of ownership, it flickers on/off when engaging/disengaging it must be in 1&2 when you're really on it but honestly haven't looked for it since.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Top in ring around tac., next to, think to the left of the high beam light at approx 12oclock position. It flickers in yellow "KTRC". Thinking about it more pretty sure I've seen while in 1&2 as well but haven't thought about it much, in 3 it was constantly going on & off.

·
Registered
587 Posts

R1, 10r, bmw, 1299, rsv4 ('16) all have 200 hp it's just up top for the i4s and v4 and to a certain extent the twin.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Are we taking crank or rear wheel? Rwhp I've seen 196-206 for the H2. Without going through paperwork believe the BMW is around 175 (Brentunes data) to 185, the R1 in the 170's. Cycle World 2015 R1 - 167.4hp. The 1299 doesn't put down as much HP (180's rwhp) as the H2 either & like Turtle mentioned the H2 makes more power earlier.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bet we already have members on here from India, just need to wait for one or some of them to finally make it known they have an H2 on order :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
India is not only road with traffic jam :)
Really!? I thought that was a purely Indian phenomena. LOL

Riding a powerful bike is really not a densely populated city thing. I'd want to take out something a lot more tame for riding around the city. Fast bikes are for the highway and less busy roads.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's not worth the effort to ride in the city and be stuck in the first 2 gears in a jam. I made that mistake once and only once in my life.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's not worth the effort to ride in the city and be stuck in the first 2 gears in a jam. I made that mistake once and only once in my life.
I can imagine, especially on days when its hot. Rather stick to using a car, a combination of car and transit or just transit all the way. Then have dedicated riding time :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So do owners in India keep the bike mostly for the track? I can't see them riding around town much at all. Or maybe they live in more rural areas that aren't as busy. I assume those exist in India.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was horrible being stuck on 1st-2nd gear in the humidity and heat...For over an hour...
I'm pretty sure there are paved roads outside of the city that motorcyclists can ride on but the problem is getting to those open stretches of road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts