Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts

Just spoke to Kawasaki about extended warranty . 1st year $900 2nd year $1010 3th year $1260 and 4th year $1480 thats cheap.0:)
wait wait... is $1480 the cost of 4 years extended warranty or is $1480 the cost of extended warranty in your 4th year????

If its the first it breaks down to $370/year... CHEAAAPPPP indeed!!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, four years extended beyond the normal one year warranty. So yes relatively cheap.

·
Registered
473 Posts
They offer a 3 year warranty for the Concours 1400 and their side-by-sides, so I don't understand why Kawi does not offer on all their bikes. With exception to dirt bikes.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Who is not gonna put a system on it and Flash it? These will void the warranty for sure....

Reactions: Bazza

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I don't think adding an exhaust voids the warranty.As far as a flash...no one needs to know that but you.Get a backup...something goes wrong(engine wise)...swap it out BEFORE getting it diagnosed and worked on...how's any tech gonna be able to determine it was flashed...unless you(I) tell him.If you're installing a full system...keep the factory one...and switch it out.I don't see any problem there...but in all honesty...I really don't think THIS bike is gonna NEED any warranty work...I just don't.Servicing...yes...absolutely.But having an engine part failure...I doubt it,not the way they built THIS engine.

I plan on getting an extended warranty for starters....something more than the standard one anyway...for starters.And I also plan on getting her flashed..and MAYBE a full unrestricted exhaust...IDK about that yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think adding an exhaust voids the warranty.As far as a flash...no one needs to know that but you.Get a backup...something goes wrong(engine wise)...swap it out BEFORE getting it diagnosed and worked on...how's any tech gonna be able to determine it was flashed...unless you(I) tell him.If you're installing a full system...keep the factory one...and switch it out.I don't see any problem there...but in all honesty...I really don't think THIS bike is gonna NEED any warranty work...I just don't.Servicing...yes...absolutely.But having an engine part failure...I doubt it,not the way they built THIS engine.

I plan on getting an extended warranty for starters....something more than the standard one anyway...for starters.And I also plan on getting her flashed..and MAYBE a full unrestricted exhaust...IDK about that yet.
Going with full flash and a sick Pipe.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Full exhaust and flash for sure. I want to see it pull until 14 000 rpm!!! (I already have a bike that sign off at 11 000 I don't need two!)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Those of you that get the flash will you be running maintenance schedules more in line with what the H2R requires?

You will be introducing 3,000 extra revs to the street bike that Kawasaki never 'intended' to be there...

Then again the big differences are due to WOT running no?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Well...riding this bike at 14K isn't gonna be something a guy on the street is gonna do very often overall...not like an H2R closed circuit machine.I think the H2 engine will be fine.With it's factory setup and flash.It really isn't gonna affect the motor's reliability having it flashed.I would think any pro Flash guy won't do some 'damaging' changes to the fueling or timing.The secondaries opening...and removal of top speed limiters won't harm anything.Going OVER 200mph is gonna require full throttle most likely.How long is a guy gonna stay at full throttle on THIS bike on the street?Probably not long...or very often either.The internals on this new motor can easily handle wide open for short bursts...

"You will be introducing 3,000 extra revs to the street bike that Kawasaki never 'intended' to be there..."...;)....I'm thinking...they DID intend it to be there...the factory limit is NOT for engine life...it's for regulations.Like any other sportbike.Excepting however..THIS motor isn't really fabricated(materials and design) like any other sportbike. They made that clear in their presentations.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Those of you that get the flash will you be running maintenance schedules more in line with what the H2R requires?

You will be introducing 3,000 extra revs to the street bike that Kawasaki never 'intended' to be there...

Kawi intended the rpm to be there. It's the sa,e as my 10r. Just cuz it's neutered here doesn't mean it's like that everywhere. Its as simple as a computer limiting the secondary throttle plates to a really short intervals. Once they stay open all will be fine. But doing so in no way hurts the bike. If you were to raise the rev limiter past what the rest of the worlds h2 are then you could maybe do damage after time.. But all the flashed 10rs have a 500 rpm bump and it's been ok.

Simply put the upper rev ranges will be affected more than the bottom but... If it's anything like the 10r the flash will help smooth out on off throttle transitions. It will also start to open secondaries up earlier to really help low end. Also it's not just the secondary throttle plates that Kawi uses to restrict the bike. They will also do it with a reduction in timing as revs increase past that 10500 rpm spot.

Btw I can think of people that will run this thing wot for 20 30 miles. One is on this site.. They know who they are lol if you can run a s1k rr wot than this will not be bad. Someone on this site ran a 10r up to 208 mph! I really doubt people want to put around on this thing. The people that bought it to ride will beat the piss out of this thing imo

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well...riding this bike at 14K isn't gonna be something a guy on the street is gonna do very often overall...not like an H2R closed circuit machine.I think the H2 engine will be fine.With it's factory setup and flash.It really isn't gonna affect the motor's reliability having it flashed.I would think any pro Flash guy won't do some 'damaging' changes to the fueling or timing.The secondaries opening...and removal of top speed limiters won't harm anything.Going OVER 200mph is gonna require full throttle most likely.How long is a guy gonna stay at full throttle on THIS bike on the street?Probably not long...or very often either.The internals on this new motor can easily handle wide open for short bursts...

"You will be introducing 3,000 extra revs to the street bike that Kawasaki never 'intended' to be there..."...;)....I'm thinking...they DID intend it to be there...the factory limit is NOT for engine life...it's for regulations.Like any other sportbike.Excepting however..THIS motor isn't really fabricated(materials and design) like any other sportbike. They made that clear in their presentations.
From what I understand this is stipulated in the R's book but not the H2's

“In addition to regular periodic maintenance, service inspections are required every 15 hours of engine operation above 8,000 rpm.”

What I meant originally was if you flash will you now adhere to this...

Me thinks there is going to be more than a few on flat freeways late at night going for 2 tons...

·
Registered
473 Posts

Redline is 14K, the internals of the H2 are the same as the H2R so as long as no one surpasses the 14K redline established by Kawi their bike will be fine. Flashing will allow the bike to continue pulling to redline but will not necessarily impose any more stress on the motor. The motor will reach redline quicker though.

As for adhering to the recommended service for the H2R I can't imagine how long it would take me riding on the street to reach 15 hrs engine operating time at or above 8K rpm. This thing is going to pull hard starting way before 8K and in normal riding conditions rarely will I be operating in the 8-14K rpm range.

Now if you were using the bike on the track (as the H2R is intended for) than you would be in the upper rpm range of the motor quite regularly.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Given the cost of the bike and the warranty it definitely seems like a good move to get the extended warranty. I imagine that any repairs that you may have to do to the H2R would be pretty expensive given that the bike is being made in such limited quantities. Most of the time I think the extended warranty is a money grab, but here it could actually be worth it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Given the cost of the bike and the warranty it definitely seems like a good move to get the extended warranty. I imagine that any repairs that you may have to do to the H2R would be pretty expensive given that the bike is being made in such limited quantities. Most of the time I think the extended warranty is a money grab, but here it could actually be worth it.
Indeed. I think it would be wrong not to go for it unless someone here doesn't have a problem with spending their own dollars on what could be covered under warranty :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Redline is 14K, the internals of the H2 are the same as the H2R so as long as no one surpasses the 14K redline established by Kawi their bike will be fine. Flashing will allow the bike to continue pulling to redline but will not necessarily impose any more stress on the motor. The motor will reach redline quicker though.

As for adhering to the recommended service for the H2R I can't imagine how long it would take me riding on the street to reach 15 hrs engine operating time at or above 8K rpm. This thing is going to pull hard starting way before 8K and in normal riding conditions rarely will I be operating in the 8-14K rpm range.

Now if you were using the bike on the track (as the H2R is intended for) than you would be in the upper rpm range of the motor quite regularly.
For sure, I'm not doubting that the internals are able to handle it one bit. My only thought was if people are trying to flash the H2 to make H2R performance wouldn't it be logical to follow the same maintenance schedule as the H2R... (to err on the side of caution)

0:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts