Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived from ups - Dr Beasley care kit, including 1. Nano resin hydrophobic coating 1 oz. 2. The final finish detailing spray 12 oz. 3. Foam block applicator foam pad about 1.5 in square block 4. Microfiber Hand towels/ rags qty 2 about
12" square size. Plus instructions. It looks like the nano-resin actually has a cure time after application. My dear had the Final Finish polish when I picked up the bike but not the rest of this. I guess I have some reading to do, I don't know crap about this process. Any one else see this yet. Maybe some of the dealers had this at pick up time, mine did not. I will post picture after work if no one else
Hasn't already.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just arrived from ups - Dr Beasley care kit, including 1. Nano resin hydrophobic coating 1 oz. 2. The final finish detailing spray 12 oz. 3. Foam block applicator foam pad about 1.5 in square block 4. Microfiber Hand towels/ rags qty 2 about
12" square size. Plus instructions. It looks like the nano-resin actually has a cure time after application. My dear had the Final Finish polish when I picked up the bike but not the rest of this. I guess I have some reading to do, I don't know crap about this process. Any one else see this yet. Maybe some of the dealers had this at pick up time, mine did not. I will post picture after work if no one else
Hasn't already.
Was this the uncrate prep stuff that came in the box? If so, All received on my end was just the unopened 12oz spray detail stuff, 1 micro fiber rag and instructions.

did you order a kit from Dr Beasley?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1oz bottle appears to be a paint sealant have you tried it yet ? It looke like the bike has to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol first ? Do any of the guys that know about paint care recognize this ? I'm sure it works well or Kawasaki would not be sending it to customers.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just got the detail spray and a couple of microfiber towels when I picked up the bike. Hopefully we will all receive the sealer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'd guess it is safe as the XPel protection stuff calls for "alcohol solution by mixing 4 ounces of 70% isopropyl alcohol with 28 ounces of water in the other spray bottle." as a application solution for mirrors. I'd guess since the paint is mirror like and clear coated. it would be safe... Again, Kawa did send it and wouldn't think they'd want use to mess up the paint job they did.

Did this get shipped to the dealer or your place of living?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Got mine today at the house. It was sent UPS ground from California on the 23rd. Nice package, thanks Kawasaki, but I still want a carbon fiber helmet and a bike cover!

·
Registered
473 Posts
just received mine today, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Reactions: mr.xr

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine arrived as well. Guess they had the correct address all along... Now I wonder how they got incorrect number in their owners db.... Humm, never mind. the date shipped is the day I corrected it. Now that's service for ya! Me Likey!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called dr Beasley today, they said two coats works real well,about an hour or two apart avoid the emblems. The 1 oz bottle of nano is usually enough for a car with two coats.
They also said Kawasaki did a lot of comparison testing on he paint and this was the best.
Andrew was the guy I talked to, he said clean the surface withe isopropyl alcohol, a spray of 15 to 20% alc. to water, sprayed on the paint then wiped softly clean. There is a suede wrap for the sponge, makes it more even, apply top to bottom then again left to right or vice versa. I'm going to do the front fender first, to learn the best way. He said it is hard to screw it up.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nothing like this in Australia, I asked my dealer about little gift pack with shirt etc ,nope just for the USA ,probably the same with this sealer as well,my tip don't ride your bike until you do it,scratches like a mother .if this is the **** maybe it might be better than trying to get some one to clear wrap the whole bike ?????.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nothing like this in Australia, I asked my dealer about little gift pack with shirt etc ,nope just for the USA ,probably the same with this sealer as well,my tip don't ride your bike until you do it,scratches like a mother .if this is the **** maybe it might be better than trying to get some one to clear wrap the whole bike ?????.
You guys down under must have got price break or something. In Europe they got the Akro, U.S. gift box, Australia? :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Oh, don' forget Canada, we also got nothing at all (so far)!
I trust that you're not holding your breath for Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. to demonstrate (in a "meaningful" way, if ever) that it values H2 Owners for anything but our money.

Whoever is the Head of Marketing evidently doesn't subscribe to the well-established, basic principles of the Psychology of Selling... if he/she actually has any knowledge of it at all.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I trust that you're not holding your breath for Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. to demonstrate (in a "meaningful" way, if ever) that it values H2 Owners for anything but our money.

Whoever is the Head of Marketing evidently doesn't subscribe to the well-established, basic principles of the Psychology of Selling... if he/she actually has any knowledge of it at all.
Rather than just complaining among ourselves, should we not collectively write and sign a letter to Kawasaki Canada to complain about our treatment, compared to US owners?

I can write the letter and send it around, everyone can add their name and scanned signature to it, and we can then submit it to the appropriate channel.

I met some national representatives of Kawasaki Canada at the Toronto Motorcycle show and had a pleasant conversation with them at the venue; they seemed to acknowledge their missteps in considering this product and this clientele as different from their traditional one, therefore I would think they may be receptive of a collective missive in this direction.

Frio

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Got mine yesterday as well....already coated my baby with a first application.Second one going on today.Can't really go out and ride anyway...weather's iffy.Make sure you get ALL the bugs and stuff off that paintwork...I mean everything.Check it good before you apply.I didn't do the alcohol rub first...but she came out VERY nice.Buff and clean the surface for sure before applying.I didn't do it like..."a panel at a time"...deal.I just did the whole painted surfaces at one time...then let her sit for about 45 minutes...then buffed her out.In some places the coating was still a bit 'wet'...but it buffed out just fine.

Think I'm gonna do three more applications....over today and tonight.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts