Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year's Isle of Man TT on June 10th will see James Hillier riding the Kawasaki Ninja H2R. This is the first top-ranking racing event the Ninja H2R will attend, so it will be very exciting to see how it does against the competition. It will be part of the Monster Energy parade lap, so we will have to take the results with a grain of salt.

Hillier had this to say about the H2R:

“I’ve seen the road going Ninja H2 at Bournemouth Kawasaki where the Quattro Plant team is based, but [the Ninja H2R] is something else altogether...
The same day will also see the debut of the Victory electric motorcycle in the TT Zero Challenge. Plenty of exciting things to watch out for.

James Hillier Takes the Kawasaki Ninja H2R Around the Isle of Man - autoevolution

*I see the other thread about this, but I have conflicting info on who will be riding. Anyone who can confirm one way or the other?*

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yes, it is James Hillier on the H2R. The WSB boys will be riding their ZX10R's, that's Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes. Not sure if Chris Walker is on anything, he was supposed to be on the H2R but it hasn't been confirmed.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I see the television schedule has about six days of coverage, split up into segments. Do you know what segment the H2R will be in ? It starts on June the 6th, at least the TV coverage in the U.S.
And it looks like it airs every day, with a new segment or class.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I see the television schedule has about six days of coverage, split up into segments. Do you know what segment the H2R will be in ? It starts on June the 6th, at least the TV coverage in the U.S.
I'm not sure its to be part of the coverage. If I remember last year it was a condensed TV schedule regardless, even the UK ITV stuff wasn't the full event IIRC...

·
Registered
577 Posts
From the Isle of Man TT FB page

James Hillier just took this Kawasaki Ninja H2R to 206mph (222mph indicated) on the Sulby Straight. People in Liverpool could probably hear it. The supercharged monster was loud enough to wake the dead. James still hasn't stopped smiling.
He had been asked to take it easy...

·
Registered
244 Posts
According to the OP, the H2R will be going on June 10th. Hey, that's today.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I reckon that should take care of any unsold units. It pulled 206 through the speed trap ! ( Indicated 223 mph) As for the value of our bikes? Jay Leno said it would have a $150k price tag if it was European manufactured. ( IMO not worth as much as a Kawasaki ) HE WAS REFERRING TO THE STREET H2 !

In Kawasaki I Trusted as did a lot of people on here and its all come good. I never doubted them. So if any Americans are still on the fence about buying one I think the proof is now conclusive.

I had a heart attack last Saturday and my H2 is still not for sale ! Me v happy I got over 2000 miles on H2 in April. These 2015 H2's are going to rocket in value. I've got another good reason to make lifestyle changes ( diet and smoking ) and get better.

·
Registered
577 Posts
SNIP

I had a heart attack last Saturday and my H2 is still not for sale ! Me v happy I got over 2000 miles on H2 in April. These 2015 H2's are going to rocket in value. I've got another good reason to make lifestyle changes ( diet and smoking ) and get better.
Holy sh1t mate - sorry to hear about the heart attack and hope everything is under control - do everything the nice nurses say and you should be back on the bike in no time !

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope we get to see the full lap of the H2R, clearly it is smokin fast. The coverage is actually really good in the U.S. , all of the contender bikes have good quality on board camera that seem to work very well. The helicopter shots are good and the side by side racing seems great. Again I hope we get to see the H2R and the Lap times, speeds, incredible ! James certainly is running the bike pretty hard ! I frickin love every second of it !

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone know what the lap times were for James and the H2R compared to the fastest laps ever on this course. That bike is un fricken beleiveable. It has to be the fastest ever on the Isle of Man ! I think this bike has just created a new racing class, the HYPER
CLASS !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts