Ninja H2 banner

- It's Here!!! -

20K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  STRADALE 
#1 ·
My H2 parts order, that is:

Clutch cover gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil filters, etc...

Still waiting on the bike, though. Latest info says mid-July....we'll see....

:)

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice. Congrats! I'm planning on calling Brock's tomorrow, thinking of getting a slip on just for the time being/ while waiting for a full exhaust. Do you know what would be louder the Short Meg 2 w/out the baffle or the Veloce? I see the Short Meg & Alien head on his web page but not the Veloce.

That's going to be an exciting call for you, good luck getting the bike ASAP, mid July is right around the corner, sure you'll love it. Do you have some pics or vids of your runs on the 14, would be cool to look at.

#10 ·
Brock are you thinking about playing with the cam shafts?

#13 ·
I had been working on doing camshafts (properly) since December of last year and kept hitting walls...

Quite frankly, of late the subject makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. So now the answer is now - is no. I have dropped the project from my schedule.

Brock

#15 ·
Brick, on behalf of all H2 owners we appreciate your passion and willingness to make a case to the bean counters. I have heard many numbers for how many of these bikes were produced. My dealer said just over 300 worldwide but that just seems like a ridiculously low number. Does anyone really know?

#18 ·
Think my VIN #870 was the 2nd highest listed on that "chassis numbers" thread, there was one higher at 947. It's a very small sample & bet there are higher frame #s out there but the # of bikes actually sold to the public would be less than the highest VIN. There's also folks who are waiting on their bikes right now. I've heard 300 too but it does seem ridiculously low. Guessing but so far I think the # of bikes sold would be much less than 1000.

For the exhaust to my eye this is perfection. There's also something to be said for keeping the look Kawasaki designed when changing the H2s exhaust to one that looks like the H2Rs. I'd give up my first born to have this full system. I'm sure Brock's accounting dept realizes now that although the # of systems sold would be less, the $ amount that H2 owners would be willing to pay is probably greater.

#21 ·
I don't want something 24/7 as loud as the H2Rs exhaust just one that looks identical w/ removable baffle like Roy commented. I do want something pretty loud though and even louder w/ baffle out. By me loud is not a problem. I had open pipes (no muffler whatsoever) on a Harley for years never had an issue. I've never heard of anyone locally being stopped for an exhaust that was too loud. The sound is for me but even better if people in cars around me hear me. I'm over the almost silent stock exhaust, the muffler is ridiculous still can't figure out why it was necessary to make the H2 with such a sound killing exhaust.

#26 ·
Emissions I can't speak for but sure. I'm really referring to "noise", that's my real problem w/ the stock exhaust. Why is the H2 so quiet when compared to other stock liter bikes? I've been riding recently w/ a 2015 BMW S1000RR & at least that bike has a decent amount of sound from the stock exhaust, my bike zilch. Then you look at the RRs muffler, half the size of the H2?

#24 ·
It is getting close. Hopefully you will get a shipping email, or a call from the dealer telling you it is on the way. You might ask them not to open the box until you get there. Also, the cleaning kit will be sent to the dealer, at least it was in the first round, so ask them to keep an eye out for it and to save it for you. You should also get a kit from Beasley and the big gift box from Kawasaki, you are going to have a blast.

Reactions: Warp12
#28 ·
That last picture looked like what you can expect on the 3-4 shift on the H2, get used to it! Nice bike, I looked at the first picture and keep asking why they couldn't have put bodywork like that on the H2. I know it was styling related to separate it from the other models but still... Hope you get the bike soon, otherwise we have to start calling you the H2 parts hoarder.

Reactions: Warp12
#35 · (Edited)
Happy B-Day Shane...you deserve it;)

I would add...and strongly recommend...you apply three coats of the Beasley's nano seal to the paint BEFORE you go out and rip it up.You should get the kit with your new rocketship.And nothing but microfiber cloths on it.You can apply those coats to it in around two hours...small time frame to seal the surface.Totally worth it.Get all the dust off first...gently.Then start the applications.You can use the sponge pad they supply,you don't need to use that suede cover on it.Just apply per the instructions.After that,the spray final finish stuff supplied is very good...or a quality wax.Whenever you go to clean the bike...allow the water to soften any bugs and such...I wouldn't rub those off.Let em soak...then wipe off gently.

Very happy for ya...it's quite a bike;)

#36 ·
Found out yesterday, my bike has been sitting in the warehouse for a week. Has not been trucked to my dealer (a few states away), for unknown reasons. He found out that it arrived at the warehouse last week, and expected delivery this week. I'm pretty disappointed over this. Now, due to other travel commitments, it could be two weeks before I can pick it up.

:|

#38 ·
Wow, Kawasaki goes to the trouble and expense of airfreighting these things and then some bozo at the transport level screws it up. You are going to be a lot of fun on your trip, I can just hear you saying "I can't wait to get home".

Reactions: ben1000z
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.