Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My H2 parts order, that is:

Clutch cover gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil filters, etc...

Still waiting on the bike, though. Latest info says mid-July....we'll see....

:)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've been there numerous times w/ cars I've ordered, having exhausts, intakes, wheels/tires, etc. just waiting for the vehicle so know where you're coming from. You ordered the bike on the 2nd ordering period? What is your exhaust plan?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been there numerous times w/ cars I've ordered, having exhausts, intakes, wheels/tires, etc. just waiting for the vehicle so know where you're coming from. You ordered the bike on the 2nd ordering period? What is your exhaust plan?
Yep, 2nd ordering period. My exhaust plan is to work with Brock...have had great success doing so, in the past. Fastest, officially-timed, stock-motored 14/14R's on the planet, with his help.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Nice. Congrats! I'm planning on calling Brock's tomorrow, thinking of getting a slip on just for the time being/ while waiting for a full exhaust. Do you know what would be louder the Short Meg 2 w/out the baffle or the Veloce? I see the Short Meg & Alien head on his web page but not the Veloce.

That's going to be an exciting call for you, good luck getting the bike ASAP, mid July is right around the corner, sure you'll love it. Do you have some pics or vids of your runs on the 14, would be cool to look at.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Same here, sometimes you can just help it with the availability of parts during times when they initially launch.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Nice. Congrats! I'm planning on calling Brock's tomorrow, thinking of getting a slip on just for the time being/ while waiting for a full exhaust. Do you know what would be louder the Short Meg 2 w/out the baffle or the Veloce? I see the Short Meg & Alien head on his web page but not the Veloce.

That's going to be an exciting call for you, good luck getting the bike ASAP, mid July is right around the corner, sure you'll love it. Do you have some pics or vids of your runs on the 14, would be cool to look at.
The ShortMeg with the baffle out is NHRA Pro Stock, fingers in the guy mowing the yards ears, LOUD. The Veloce's will be available after July 17... as well as another sexy new slip-on :)

The fulls are being a PITA, so guys are just going to have to be patient.

Brock

·
Registered
55 Posts
The ShortMeg with the baffle out is NHRA Pro Stock, fingers in the guy mowing the yards ears, LOUD. The Veloce's will be available after July 17... as well as another sexy new slip-on :)

Brock
what seams to be the issues with the Full systems? Are you having a scavenging and heat issue?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
what seams to be the issues with the Full systems? Are you having a scavenging and heat issue?
Lol, no. We are having; How can we justify so much time and expense for so few motorcycles? Issues. ;)

Believe me - I'm ALL IN. These things are bad ass - wait until you see our recent results. I love fast bikes and I love making fast bikes FASTER. That's our business model and has been for years. But trying to convince accounting and our factory has been a real pain... and once we heard how few bikes were sold in the second 'wave':eek:

That said, things are still moving, just not as quickly as I would like.

Brock

·
Registered
867 Posts
My H2 parts order, that is:

Clutch cover gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil filters, etc...

Still waiting on the bike, though. Latest info says mid-July....we'll see....

:)
Brock are you thinking about playing with the cam shafts?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Brock
Brock,
Thanks very much for the response. Wonder if that "sexy new slip-on" looks like the H2Rs. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and then order one of the slip ons to hold me over till the full system. Can't wait to see what else you're cooking. Glad to hear you're moving forward, that's great news!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Brock are you thinking about playing with the cam shafts?
I had been working on doing camshafts (properly) since December of last year and kept hitting walls...

Quite frankly, of late the subject makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. So now the answer is now - is no. I have dropped the project from my schedule.

Brock

·
Registered
539 Posts
Brock,
Thanks very much for the response. Wonder if that "sexy new slip-on" looks like the H2Rs. Guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and then order one of the slip ons to hold me over till the full system. Can't wait to see what else you're cooking. Glad to hear you're moving forward, that's great news!
It would be smart if it was made to be like that but it can also be said a look that's different than what we've seen before is the better way out... might as well bring something new to the table.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brick, on behalf of all H2 owners we appreciate your passion and willingness to make a case to the bean counters. I have heard many numbers for how many of these bikes were produced. My dealer said just over 300 worldwide but that just seems like a ridiculously low number. Does anyone really know?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Brick, on behalf of all H2 owners we appreciate your passion and willingness to make a case to the bean counters. I have heard many numbers for how many of these bikes were produced. My dealer said just over 300 worldwide but that just seems like a ridiculously low number. Does anyone really know?
I doubt anyone outside of Kawasaki knows anything, double doubt we'll ever find out. If I had to put money, under 5,000 globally...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Think my VIN #870 was the 2nd highest listed on that "chassis numbers" thread, there was one higher at 947. It's a very small sample & bet there are higher frame #s out there but the # of bikes actually sold to the public would be less than the highest VIN. There's also folks who are waiting on their bikes right now. I've heard 300 too but it does seem ridiculously low. Guessing but so far I think the # of bikes sold would be much less than 1000.

For the exhaust to my eye this is perfection. There's also something to be said for keeping the look Kawasaki designed when changing the H2s exhaust to one that looks like the H2Rs. I'd give up my first born to have this full system. I'm sure Brock's accounting dept realizes now that although the # of systems sold would be less, the $ amount that H2 owners would be willing to pay is probably greater.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts