Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It might have been posted by Garth285, and on another form, I cant be certain, but I thought I read that Kawasaki directed all dealers to not sell the H2 for a penny more than MSRP or the dealer could lose their Kawi franchise.

Does someone know if that is really true or is that internet folly BS?

The reason I am asking a dealer in Marietta GA has an H2 on the floor, has for nearly a month now with a MSRP price tag on a H2 for $28,399.

I offered them 24K + taxes, tag, title and their customary usual junk fees, but they wouldn't budge. I would have gave them the extra 1 grand, but they are stuck on $28,399 + taxes, 7%), tag, title, prep and dealer freight and that's over $31,000 dollars and to me its just not worth it and not going to happen. Its been sat on, touched with finger prints all over it, rolled around outside and is not the Sparkling Diamond the rest of you got fresh right out of the crate. It might even have miles on it as the tires look road dirty. Just not worth 31K.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pictures.

I just want to know if it is true that Kawi ordered all dealers to not sell them for a penny more than MSRP or lose their franchise. If that's BS, then its BS and the dealer can sell it for $28,399 or higher if someone is willing to pay it.

If they can sell them for whatever the market can bear, then I whole heartedly agree with them doing that and that's what they should do. No hard feelings here.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
The impression we got as customers was that it was highly "discouraged" dealers add or subtract from MSRP.

No manufacturer can force a dealer to sell for a price. That's why it's a (M)anufactures (S)UGGESTED (R)etail (P)rice.

All they can do is threated to sanction the dealer in some way, which was alluded to with the H2.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I found Garths original post on another board. So your saying its not true?

Funny thing is, Kawasaki strictly said if you try to sell a H2 over retail they will strip you of your franchise......

Doesn't matter to me one way or another, I was just trying to verify for a FACT that this is true or not and your saying its NOT true. OK then, thanks for clearing that up for me. That's what I wanted to know for sure.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Do NOT give em 28K.No way.With a 2500 dollar down,then the balance...with the 'setup' stuff...I ended up paying 26K and some change.Don't give in.Call around some...get another dealer quote.They CAN mark the bikes up....or even DOWN if they want.But 28K is too much.You'll find one for the MSRP.Just be patient.

It's just that...a MFG SUGGESTED price.25K.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The impression we got as customers was that it was highly "discouraged" dealers add or subtract from MSRP.

No manufacturer can force a dealer to sell for a price. That's why it's a (M)anufactures (S)UGGESTED (R)etail (P)rice.

All they can do is threated to sanction the dealer in some way, which was alluded to with the H2.
The Salesperson for my H2 told me (after checking with his Kawasaki Rep.) that Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. specifically would NOT allow Canadian Kawasaki Dealers to sell the H2 below MSRP (regardless of what MSRP means).

In effect, the MSRP is FALSE advertising... this is but one reason that I have nothing but contempt for Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc.

The Sales Contract for my H2 had to be submitted to and approved by Canadian Kawasaki Motors Inc. before my Dealer's Order would be accepted.

·
Registered
587 Posts
They were worried about dealers blowing them out for below cost not so much charging extra. As when the ordering period was on if someone tried this you could just go elswhere. 28 is a lot dude

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"Below" could be a bit in error on my part.The wording MSRP MAY be the bottom line.IDK.

I say,WAIT.You MAY even get one after a bit for LESS possibly.I mean less than 25K.EVENTUALLY,there's gonna be some sitting on showrooms not selling.Especially if one of the OTHER mfg's come out with something similar.Course,they are built to order...so having a surplus may NOT happen.

·
Registered
317 Posts
all of you paid reasonable price with the H2.

The price(with tax) in HK is HK$260,000.00(US$33,333.33)

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't recall anything from Kawasaki insinuating that we (dealers) should or should not sell the bike for any price in particular. Dealers are free to sell them for any price. Although there are limitations to the price the dealer can advertise. It sounds like the dealer you have been talking to does not really want to sell the one he has.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My dealer was $25,000 exactly out the door. He did not charge me freight, set up, or anything else. I do have to pay the sales tax when I register though. I got my two oil filters yesterday and that was like $35 and the parts guy said that was with my discount, I told him that I didn't know that Ducati filters fit the H2.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dealer was $25,000 exactly out the door. He did not charge me freight, set up, or anything else. I do have to pay the sales tax when I register though. I got my two oil filters yesterday and that was like $35 and the parts guy said that was with my discount, I told him that I didn't know that Ducati filters fit the H2.

Ducati filters fit the H2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts