Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a general question regarding the H2R front and rear stands that came with the H2R.

Is the rear stand pin set at a slight upward angle to offset the weight of the bike and for flexing if it happens?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The H2R rear stand is in line( horizontal)
The bike stands perfectly even with my 73KG on it.
I can't notice any angle change while lifting the bike.
There is a hard rubber bush around the Pin to lift the bike

Soon I will go with the Bursig lift

Reactions: mr.xr

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply. Kawasaki then sent me a defective H2R rear stand. I thought something was off with it. They even had the nerves to tell me that it was normal. Very disappointed with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts

Mine is the same as described above. [even with my 110kg on it]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Kawasaki then sent me a defective H2R rear stand. I thought something was off with it. They even had the nerves to tell me that it was normal. Very disappointed with them.
Whats the part that you think is defective ? Does it lean ?

NOLA

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Normal dude.

My H2 stand, and my Ducati stand both do it.

Its designed so when the bike touches down its got more of a lean to the sidestand side. Think about how it would end up if it was in a neutral posture, and standing straight up when you put the stand down. The bike is now 50/50 to fall over to the right. You WANT it leaning left when you put it down so it goes to the sidestand side.

Your motorcycle DEALER has never noticed stands do this ???????

NOLA

·
Registered
277 Posts
See attached photos. Yes, in a slight upward angle. There is no signs of physical damage. Dealer is contacting Kawasaki Corp for me.
For what it's worth, that's not the same stand that came with the H2R so it's hard to compare. That's a stand that Kawasaki just released within the last few months, you're actually the first person I've seen with one.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Yeah,I'd say it's normal.NOLA is probably very correct on this.The H2 does have a tendancy to slide off the pivot to the right(only because of lighter built stands).I noticed it when I was cleaning and lubing my chain the first time.Didn't even see it working it's way out and OFF the pivot for several turns.Would have been a major bummer.Had I kept turning it,well,you can picture that scene.If it's not flexing downwards,that's good.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Kawasaki then sent me a defective H2R rear stand. I thought something was off with it. They even had the nerves to tell me that it was normal. Very disappointed with them"...nope,it's right.NOLA is right.Hope ya didn't get too upset with em.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Normal dude.

My H2 stand, and my Ducati stand both do it.

Its designed so when the bike touches down its got more of a lean to the sidestand side. Think about how it would end up if it was in a neutral posture, and standing straight up when you put the stand down. The bike is now 50/50 to fall over to the right. You WANT it leaning left when you put it down so it goes to the sidestand side.

Your motorcycle DEALER has never noticed stands do this ???????

NOLA
That makes sense and all but it makes the front stand/tree lift a bit difficult to use without it touching the front fender.

Can you post pics of yours to compare?

As for the dealer... I can't speak on their behalf. The box arrived fully intact and undamaged. It was a bit split at a seem slightly but not beat up tossed around. Looked like it was treated with care.

I've seen one or 2 like that but the rest have been parallel / even (horizon) like jayski and scharf mentioned. PitBull, D moto and a few off brand ones for Ducati on track days have been straight even. Well the pitbull one ive used at least in the past.

Wasnt sure kawasaki was doing something different.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For what it's worth, that's not the same stand that came with the H2R so it's hard to compare. That's a stand that Kawasaki just released within the last few months, you're actually the first person I've seen with one.
Most of the pics ive seen were with this stand as to why i dug and searched for it. Once found, shelled out a pretty penny for the set. its all aluminum and sturdy vs steel but as some weight to it due to construct and rear pin.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOLA is right.Hope ya didn't get too upset with em.
No I didnt. I was just reaching out to them as a concern and though it was just odd.

So I came here hoping H2R owners would verify with pics of their rear stand. i decided to post what I got 1st as proof of what I was talking about.

My kawasaki dealer guy has been very very helpful throughout this process and is reaching out to kawasaki for me. I reached out to the few I know that have H2Rs and no pics from them yet... well, aside from the ones posted on web of bike on stands.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah,I'd say it's normal.NOLA is probably very correct on this.The H2 does have a tendancy to slide off the pivot to the right(only because of lighter built stands).I noticed it when I was cleaning and lubing my chain the first time.Didn't even see it working it's way out and OFF the pivot for several turns.Would have been a major bummer.Had I kept turning it,well,you can picture that scene.If it's not flexing downwards,that's good.
WOW, that would have been heartbreaking if that had feel off. what rear stand do you currently have?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It's a pit bull stand.Well built,but the pivot is horizontal...instead of having that small upward angle.Hey,it works.I don't use it that much,only for chain maintenance really.And tire replacement.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@mr.xr

When Kawi confirms to your dealer its built that way for a reason, will you update us on it when they tell you that ?

NOLA

Andddddd, for extra credit....Can you tell me the purpose of the little removable bar on the stand ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@mr.xr

When Kawi confirms to your dealer its built that way for a reason, will you update us on it when they tell you that ?

NOLA

Andddddd, for extra credit....Can you tell me the purpose of the little removable bar on the stand ?
Yep, I will update you all.

The extra credit:
My guess is that when installed after on the stand, it locks/prevents rear wheel from moving to allow the front sprocket nut to be loosened and tightened. The bar does make contact with spoke and is protected by foam rubber sponge like material. Prevents one from having the engage rear break to do the loosen and tighten up part.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a pit bull stand.Well built,but the pivot is horizontal...instead of having that small upward angle.Hey,it works.I don't use it that much,only for chain maintenance really.And tire replacement.
I use to just use stands for maintenance when I just had one bike. Then I started adding and noticed that after awhile of sitting on kick stand and tire losing pressure due to temp changes, a slight flat spot in tire started to form. Nothing big that inflation to preferred psi and a quick ride wouldn't fix.

Since then, purchased front and rear stands for the bikes and I leave them on stands when I know I won't use or be on in a few weeks or months. If I just get that itch to ride, quick inspect check and go for a cruise / ride.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts